Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The guy brings nothing to the team. A problem where ever he has been & not even a first team player for Crystal Palace. Has it really got down to this for us ?

Brings: speed, power, hard work, experience, a threat from distance, competition

Hasn't been a problem anywhere. Thoroughly nice young man who will fit in with plans well.

An important signing as we will be without both Mahrez and Musa in a few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Brings: speed, power, hard work, experience, a threat from distance, competition

Hasn't been a problem anywhere. Thoroughly nice young man who will fit in with plans well.

An important signing as we will be without both Mahrez and Musa in a few weeks. 

So is this happening and is Mahrez definitely going?

18 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Lenny, Lenny Glover ooh ooh. 80k, Bargain, what a player. Does he still live locally? Used to have a village pub.

He ran the boozer at Smeeton Westerby ( Queens Head ?) a while back. He served time for fraud, l believe, at about the same period ! 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Isn't half of our squad rejects from other teams? Wasn't the same said about Huth, Albrighton, Simpson etc.

Sometimes players just need to right tactics and platform for make a success of it.

But doesn't being moved on so often so quickly tend to suggest there might be a problem? Huth and Albrighton had been at their respective clubs quite some time and were known for being a solid defender and a good crosser of the ball. Can't comment on Simpson as don't know enough about him to comment, but Ranieri saw a solid defender as opposed to a wing back. Andros more often than not can't get a cross in (Lennon had similar problems at Spurs but was much preferred to the former). He has one trick, come inside and shoot, once worked out like it has been, it suprises very rarely, a bit like Coutinho but without the class and quality). I don't think we're the only one's capable of spotting hidden talent, there are better managers out there than Shakey who will have considered him and rejected him. You can't polish a turd but you can sprinkle it in glitter. Seemingly Townsend's tends to fall off very quickly it would seem.

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But doesn't being moved on so often so quickly tend to suggest there might be a problem? Huth and Albrighton had been at their respective clubs quite some time and were known for being a solid defender and a good crosser of the ball. Can't comment on Simpson as don't know enough about him to comment, but Ranieri saw a solid defender as opposed to a wing back. Andros more often than not can't get a cross in (Lennon had similar problems at Spurs but was much preferred to the former). He has one trick, come inside and shoot, once worked out like it has been, it suprises very rarely, a bit like Coutinho but without the class and quality). I don't think we're the only one's capable of spotting hidden talent, there are better managers out there than Shakey who will have considered him and rejected him. You can't polish a turd but you can sprinkle it in glitter. Seemingly Townsend's tends to fall off very quickly it would seem.

I'm beginning to think that secretly you don't rate him.

Theres talent there, and like Babylon said, look at what's happened for the likes of Albrighton, Simpson, Huth etc. Once they got put in the right team/system/surrounding they looked different class to what they were before, same could happen with Townsend.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was at Spurs for 7 years, Newcastle got relegated and he was one of their best players when they did. He wanted out to try and stay I the England squad, so it's harsh to suggest that's down to him not being wanted.

The manager who signed him for palace has gone, and with him presumably the tactics he was signed for. So again, without facts stating he himself is an issue bits a bit harsh. I notice he came on at half time yesterday, so it's hardly like he's being frozen out. 

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He was at Spurs for 7 years, Newcastle got relegated and he was one of their best players when they did. He wanted out to try and stay I the England squad, so it's harsh to suggest that's down to him not being wanted.

The manager who signed him for palace has gone, and with him presumably the tactics he was signed for. So again, without facts stating he himself is an issue bits a bit harsh. I notice he came on at half time yesterday, so it's hardly like he's being frozen out. 

In those seven years he played fifty games ,scored three goals and went out on loan nine times.

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

This is the plan, but as others will tell you, my "predictions" are only about 95% accurate

Interesting. If we accept Derby's bid for Lawrence then surely we'd need Townsend plus another winger.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Interesting. If we accept Derby's bid for Lawrence then surely we'd need Townsend plus another winger.

That's an if.  Ben can sit in on the left at times & double up defensive responsibility.

Ben, Demmy, Mark & Andros.

+ Ahmed if he can't be moved on & kelechi at an absolute push. Might be ok with just AT, even if TL does go

12 minutes ago, notnow john said:

In those seven years he played fifty games ,scored three goals and went out on loan nine times.

And? If he's somehow a disruptive player (which is what people seem to be egging at a bit) they wouldn't have kept him there

9 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Not sure why we'd need to replace Lawrence when he wasn't even in the squad last year. 

Townesnd would indicate to me we're losing lawrence and another.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

If this is a Mahrez replacement then it's seriously underwhelming, show some ambition and get Zaha in

Watched Zaha yesterday and I think this forum would hate him lol I certainly do as he is in my fantasy team and was doing endless stepovers before falling over.

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

if Riyad goes we are seriously lacking craft and creativity. 

We'd still create chances with Townsend/Albrighton on the wings. We'd just become reliant on Vardy, Iheanacho & Slimani to get goals which they're all capable of doing anyway.

In our title winning season:

Mahrez chances created: 67

Albrighton chances created: 62

Mahrez key passes: 56

Albrighton key passes: 56

Townsend last season created 50 chances & made 46 key passes. If we can get Townsend on a similar level to Albrighton, in terms of consistency and all round ability.. Then we should be fine in the creativity and chances created department.

22 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Watched Zaha yesterday and I think this forum would hate him lol I certainly do as he is in my fantasy team and was doing endless stepovers before falling over.

I was watching that game aswell, he looked the only player in their team likely to do anything

Statistically, Townsend is in the top 10 crossers in the PL, and has been for a couple of years, same as albrighton.

He doesn't have Mahrez's flair, but to say he isn't creative would be unfair.

i'd take him for the right price.

Archived