Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
benpicko

Arsenal.. Away: match thread...

I think we are being a little harsh on Riyad. 

We we are in a difficult position. He is a touch player. We play 4-4-2. Which means we need the man to drop in I.e. Okazaki. Now going forward, we lose that faster movement that Kelechi might give us. In turn Mahrez has more time on the ball in the middle where he isn't as effective. 

Not as effective as we would like but definitely no lack of effort in trying.

On the positive side, the team appears much more comfortable in possession, we are clearly outworking Arsenal, and we haven't even broken the emergency glass for Nacho yet. If we can get him in at 60 minutes without conceding another goal, we'll have a good shot I expect. The attack looks ready and dangerous every time down the pitch.

9 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Mahrez has been nothing short of ball greedy and weak and playing back or sideways every other playing grafting like hell and he's trotting about ffs

He is not a grafter and doesn't belongs in a team build essentially around grafters, this is a 100% why he wants out.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

No we've had all of last season for that. He's been a joke tonight 

Yeah he had a poor half. But some are already wanting him to be sold and I'm reading a lot of schadensfreude. There should be something in between. As for making him responsible for the second goal, well lol.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Yeah he had a poor half. But some are already wanting him to be sold and I'm reading a lot of schadensfreude. There should be something in between. As for making him responsible for the second goal, well lol.

So he didn't shirk out of that challenge?

Mahrez is getting bullied by the new Arsenal lad but I can see a potential opportunity for him getting overconfident and Mahrez getting revenge. He's tried tonight but he's been heavily marked which has actually helped Albrighton. I just sense kolasinac might be a touch over confident 

Archived