Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
benpicko

Arsenal.. Away: match thread...

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Shakey needs to bin Mahrez at half time and make that statement of intent.  Unprofessional and has cost us 2 points as it stands.

Unprofessional is a step too far, but he was at fault for that second goal. Although to be honest our entire side stood still as Welbeck and co ambled towards Schmeichel.

Mahrez being dreadful aside that was a very pleasing half.

First 20 mins were even, Arsenal then had a five minute dangerous spell, Vardy scoring against the run of play and we've been on top ever since. Our pressurising has been first class, Arsenal's defence can't handle it, Vardy, Okazaki and the left side of Albrighton and Fuchs have been fantastic. Maguire has been a beast, just needs to stop stepping out or he'll get booked sooner or later.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Well I still love Mahrez. Not his fault our defence are shit.

Despite being hard on Mahrez he still is amazing, just a shame that we aren't seeing it.  Hopefully he remembers who he is playing for and what he means to the team and fans and shows us what he can do. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Great first half and 2-2 seems about right, keep playing this way we will do very well this season 

That's the saving grace, it is a fair score for that half of work. It is just that brainless error by Mahrez (and the foolish clearance by Kasper in extra time he punted out of bounds that he could've collected and controlled, milked time with the backs and wrapped the half).

A lovely half with a bad minute that cost the lads all their momentum. We'll see how serious Shakey is about winning this match by his line-ups 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Exactly 

The only one AGAIN not stepping up Mahrez.

This bloke is a disgrace - he's been carried for 12 months - lack of commitment is palpable and costing us this game now.

A great first half performance by the TEAM, but you can't play PL games and win with 10 men.

Dunno about that - I've been told he's world class. - haha.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No we weren't. Don't be fooled. They are running through our central midfield like a knife through butter. If they weren't as awful at the back they'd be winning this. Our midfield frightens me.

Yes they are but we don't have Kante anymore.

How do you feel Mahrez has done?

Offensively we've played well, dispite the handicap of Mahrez.

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

No I see all right. he's been poor. But I also do notice that a lot are just waiting for him to have a bad game so they can slate him. Hint take a look at the coms.

No we've had all of last season for that. He's been a joke tonight 

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Well I still love Mahrez. Not his fault our defence are shit, other than Simpson, Maguire and Fuchs.

Careful of what you say. Today the one and only responsible has already been found. That being said he's been really poor this half.

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Well I still love Mahrez. Not his fault our defence are shit, other than Simpson, Maguire and Fuchs.

But it was clearly his fault in that situation. He lazily gave up the ball which led to the goal.

Still some here are jumping to conclusions so quick. We all know mahrez has terrible games which he makes up for with amazing games. No wonder he wants to leave. The ones immediately wanting him sold are the ones who are also first to call him a traitor for wanting to leave. 

I can't defend Mahrez tonight he's been poor but isn't this the type of player he is. Frustratingly brilliant. 

Its those brilliant moments of magic which are missing. If we are determined to hang onto him I honestly think we need to hook him from the team until he either goes or gets his head straight. 

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Careful of what you say. Today the one and only responsible has already been found. That being said he's been really poor this half.

Poor but still would keep him on over Gray. 

Get Iheanacho on. Their defence is shit 

Archived