Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

Just now, davieG said:

These people need to be much more active and in the face of the Football Authorities.

https://thefsa.org.uk/

I agree mate, and if they’re not up to the task then it would be good to see grassroot fan groups like Union FS co-ordinate with other club’s fans groups to act and get some response from all related organisations. 

7 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I agree mate, and if they’re not up to the task then it would be good to see grassroot fan groups like Union FS co-ordinate with other club’s fans groups to act and get some response from all related organisations. 

UFS have lobbied pretty hard since 2013, gets raised at pretty much every opportunity. On the fan consultation group that got formed recently about matchdays, a safe standing area will be top of UFS' points of discussion.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Some club staff went to Wolves to see it in person. Believe they were impressed with what they saw.

Take into account Wolves have literally the Tesco Value version of rail seating. If they saw the decent stuff at Spurs for example they'd like it even more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Safe standing would be amazing, for 5 minutes and then I realise I'm nearly 42 with the knees of a 92 year old. lol

God I'd have loved that back in the day rather than standing on my seat in the Kop, which was about 10,000 times more dangerous than just the old standing. 

• Haha 1

On 03/05/2021 at 13:33, SemperEadem said:

Some club staff went to Wolves to see it in person. Believe they were impressed with what they saw.

Isn’t a certain senior member of the safety crew that’s dead against it? 

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think the main problem is where to actually put it, bearing in mind that if you put in safe standing, you're not going to have unsafe standing, if that makes sense.

45 minutes ago, Bert said:

I don't think there's anyone at the club that's actively against it. If we're talking about the same person, he posed behind the "Legalise Safe Standing" banner in the ground with UFS about 6/7 years back.

On the matchday consultation group that was run a couple of weeks back the club acknowledged that after the expansion and the ground reconfiguration they will need to cater for various types of fans including those wanting to stand.

25 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Honestly could not tell you where the club are at with it, so many mixed signals.

That’s a shame. The more clubs that do will lead to more clubs jumping on board I’m sure. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't think there's anyone at the club that's actively against it. If we're talking about the same person, he posed behind the "Legalise Safe Standing" banner in the ground with UFS about 6/7 years back.

On the matchday consultation group that was run a couple of weeks back the club acknowledged that after the expansion and the ground reconfiguration they will need to cater for various types of fans including those wanting to stand.

I’m sure we are. I was under the impression albeit a long time ago now certain person was agains anyone standing in the ground. People need to change with the times. 

What I want to know is where is the safe laying down zone going to be?  I do great work sitting, but most of my top work laying down. 

Sure, standing will be interesting for some, but it will never recreate the pulsating, sweaty, dangerous and terrifying atmosphere of the pens at Filbo. The flying coins, the defeating singing, the constant banter, the terror of the crush barriers and the mayhem of a goal. 

I imagine THAT is very much the point. 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

How do we then work out what quantifys as a "seat". I'm against standing.

Each spot still has a flip down seat like they do currently, built into the barrier on each row. So the spaces are just sold exactly the same as they are currently.

Why are you against standing areas?

31 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Each spot still has a flip down seat like they do currently, built into the barrier on each row. So the spaces are just sold exactly the same as they are currently.

Why are you against standing areas?

I'm probably being a little bit harsh to be honest. I have social phobia so I usually hit the family stand even if it means buying 2 stair seats. I'm 5'9 too and I notice quite a few grounds have steep inclines and some have shallow, and I wouldn't stand a chance on a 150-200mm step up with a 6ft guy in front. Swings and roundabouts but you know what, it matters not I guess and gives something to certain people that they like as opposed to just thinking about me. 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

On 09/04/2018 at 23:38, ealingfox said:

As someone on Twitter pointed out Shrewsbury and West Brom may well be playing in the same league next season - they've both applied to get safe standing. Shrewsbury will have it and be allowed it, and West Brom won't lol

Joke.

...just to clarify, is this not in regards to the League in which they currently play their football!!!

Surely one team will have to conform should they both find themselves in the same League. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

It seems as though Liverpool have worded the announcement in a way as to appease the Hillsborough lot. Safe seating is a new one on me. 

Yeah that's purely wording to get it through the process before the legislation changes. Everyone knows the score including those that signed it off.