Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

So much boring "they won't fill it so what the point. Emptihad!!! 😂😂😂" chat from cretins on the internet who never go to games.

Fantastic news.

Is it really boring chat when it is common knowledge that they don’t fill the stadium 

With the momentum we have behind this, rail seating in L1 during the stand extension seems a no-brainer. Possibly SK1 too, though i'd imagine if they do it anywhere, it's gonna be the zone where practically the whole block is 'standers'.

Edited by OntarioFox

Still not safe standing rather than safer standing.  I do wonder how long we can continue with the outdated legislation. 

At least the clubs realise fans will stand no matter what and instead of putting all their efforts into making fans sit they are increasing the safety of those who persistently stand.

I

5 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

With the momentum we have behind this, rail seating in L1 during the stand extension seems a no-brainer. Possibly SK1 too, though i'd imagine if they do it anywhere, it's gonna be the zone where practically the whole block is 'standers'.

I can’t see standing being tolerated/ encouraged in the East stand if they expand/ renovate it. 

Best bet will be for a reorganisation of the stadium plan with the expansion and allocate new blocks for standing.

Personally i feel 8-10% of the ground standing would be ideal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

We really need to start seeing some stadium improvements and plans from our club. Our stadium isn’t good enough. 

Personally would just like to have a bit more character. Some statues or pictures of former players would be nice. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Club have got a big issue on their hands with L1/K1 being in front of what will likely be a row of executive boxes after the development. Even if boxes don't go in behind what's there currently, a single tiered stand would mean new people in the seats behind where L1/K1 currently stops will be sitters behind standers, which never works. 

The club needs to provide an area large enough to accommodate those that want to stand in one dedicated area. The ground will be more than big enough to do so after the expansion, but I've got a feeling it's going to look significantly different to what it does now and people are going to moan about losing "their" seat in a stadium reshuffle. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club have got a big issue on their hands with L1/K1 being in front of what will likely be a row of executive boxes after the development. Even if boxes don't go in behind what's there currently, a single tiered stand would mean new people in the seats behind where L1/K1 currently stops will be sitters behind standers, which never works. 

The club needs to provide an area large enough to accommodate those that want to stand in one dedicated area. The ground will be more than big enough to do so after the expansion, but I've got a feeling it's going to look significantly different to what it does now and people are going to moan about losing "their" seat in a stadium reshuffle. 

Because the ground has basically one terrace, there's only 2 places in the ground that you could have safe standing, SK1 and the away corner simply because if people stand in the corners, it doesn't restrict the view of anyone, and the other 2 corners have either media or restaurants behind them. Then, as soon as safe standing gets installed, there becomes the problem of unsafe standing, i.e. L1/K1, which will then become areas where standing is not allowed. 

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Because the ground has basically one terrace, there's only 2 places in the ground that you could have safe standing, SK1 and the away corner simply because if people stand in the corners, it doesn't restrict the view of anyone, and the other 2 corners have either media or restaurants behind them. Then, as soon as safe standing gets installed, there becomes the problem of unsafe standing, i.e. L1/K1, which will then become areas where standing is not allowed. 

Yeah the bowl type ground isn't ideal. The only viable option is safe standing in the South stand from G1 round to C2 in line with the kop end goal line, that way no one's view is blocked :ph34r:

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

My response is this if your standing and the person behind is 80 year old who cant stand for long periods what would say to them? I seen this happen when Leicester at Wembley and the bloke response to this old couple was "dont effing come then"

Why would an 80 year old that struggles to stand for long period, choose to move to a standing area at the KP?

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

My response is this if your standing and the person behind is 80 year old who cant stand for long periods what would say to them? I seen this happen when Leicester at Wembley and the bloke response to this old couple was "dont effing come then"

This is exactly why you have designated standing areas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

This is exactly why you have designated standing areas.

But would everyone stick to those areas. I mean if the standing areas sold out. Would many accept they would have to get seating ticket and accept they would have to sit.

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

But would everyone stick to those areas. I mean if the standing areas sold out. Would many accept they would have to get seating ticket and accept they would have to sit.

I would hope that clubs etc would complete adequate polling beforehand, to gauge demand and allocate accordingly.

I imagine that once standing areas are introduced there will be a zero tolerance policy to standing elsewhere, as alluded to in this thread.

So hopefully all those who want to stand can and all those who want to sit can without any issue, while enhancing the atmosphere in the process.

37 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why would an 80 year old that struggles to stand for long period, choose to move to a standing area at the KP?

Would you move to L1 or try if rail seats were only installed there? 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

Would you move to L1 or try if rail seats were only installed there? 

Different situation to what I replied to but no I wouldn't. I'm under no illusions that whatever happens there will be a hardcore in L1 and even N1 that will want to stand next to the away fans no matter what, even if it's just in front of seats. 

Doesn't matter as that's not going to happen anyway :thumbup:

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Different situation to what I replied to but no I wouldn't. I'm under no illusions that whatever happens there will be a hardcore in L1 and even N1 that will want to stand next to the away fans no matter what, even if it's just in front of seats. 

Doesn't matter as that's not going to happen anyway :thumbup:

Fair enough. Personally for me I think it would be great to get everyone that likes to stand together but know that’s impossible.