Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Turbogre

Lunch at work

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Oh I eat Bucey ..  600 cals a day for two days ...   its the only way I can control my weight.    I don't do it all the time but have just piled a few on over the last couple of weeks by eating AND drinking to excess ...    I'll level off for a bit now.

I do that too. I guesstimate the 600 calories but it's help me a lose over a stone and keep me there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I do that too. I guesstimate the 600 calories but it's help me a lose over a stone and keep me there.

Me too ....     porridge for breakfast, banana for lunch and chicken salad for dinner, plus a bovril and plenty of water ..   That's about 600 I reckon.      And in the winter home made soup for lunch and dinner ...    Very tasty and very filling.   Weight just drops off and for the other 5 days eat and drink (:)) as usual ....

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

3 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs, a sliced tomato & a couple handfuls of rocket in the remaining half of a 2 day old bit of stale baguette.  Was actually pretty decent.

Sadistic b@stard !! ...   :)

41 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Left over Shepherds pie. Delicious.

Whilst I'm here, whats everyone's take on putting warm leftovers in the fridge? I usually let it cool down to room temperature before putting it in the fridge but apparently that's the worst thing to do? What do you lot do?

Left overs ?? ...   what the fook are they ??      :)

Edited by Countryfox
Gave slightly the wrong impression without the smiley face ...

41 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Whilst I'm here, whats everyone's take on putting warm leftovers in the fridge? I usually let it cool down to room temperature before putting it in the fridge but apparently that's the worst thing to do? What do you lot do?

As the unofficial FT Environmental Health Officer...you should allow the food to cool to room temperature within 90 minutes or so, and then cover and place in the fridge.

If you put hot food directly in your fridge you knacker it, increase the internal temperature and create condensation. If you leave the food to cool for too long (ie more than 90 minutes) then you will have all the bacteria that survived the original cooking process starting to happily grow on the food...

I'll be round to inspect :ph34r:

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Left over Shepherds pie. Delicious.

I've always let stuff cool down a bit first.

I work nights and McDonald's is about 200 yards away from where I work. Purely to not be anti social I go with the rest of my colleagues for lunch there. 

I only ever have something small but then feel absolutely rotten afterwards so as soon as I get home after I finish at 6am i run 5 miles every morning just to make sure I burn the calories off lol

I never used to feel like this after eating a McDonald's but since starting to eat healthy I've noticed just how shite I feel after eating one :huh:

8 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I work nights and McDonald's is about 200 yards away from where I work. Purely to not be anti social I go with the rest of my colleagues for lunch there. 

I only ever have something small but then feel absolutely rotten afterwards so as soon as I get home after I finish at 6am i run 5 miles every morning just to make sure I burn the calories off lol

I never used to feel like this after eating a McDonald's but since starting to eat healthy I've noticed just how shite I feel after eating one :huh:

McGuilt ;)

• Like 1