Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

When have I said I don’t like rugby?

The initial comment was well before May was announced he was leaving. 

Just because I don’t like them doesn’t mean I can’t or shouldn’t comment. This is an Internet forum where people are free to express their opinions, thoughts and other musings. 

Plenty of people have slagged off the players that play for our club in this thread or said they don’t like them. It’s no different. No need to get your knickers in a twist. 

Someone who wasn't a mod would be banned for the trolling you do in this thread.

The highlighted sentence is the biggest laugh I've had all morning.

I remember if I made a negative remark about Cambiasso I was immediately banned and the same at one time with Mahrez. What do you think the difference is?

At school I was forced to play 1 game of rugby union. They put me in the scrum as a hooker. I feckin hated every minute of it. Consequently I have detested rugby ever since.

Add to that the attitude of (some) tigers fans over the years towards Leicester City leaves a very bad taste & I revel in the fact that Tigers are now shite.

Just an opinion like.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Someone who wasn't a mod would be banned for the trolling you do in this thread.

The highlighted sentence is the biggest laugh I've had all morning.

I remember if I made a negative remark about Cambiasso I was immediately banned and the same at one time with Mahrez. What do you think the difference is?

It’s not trolling though is it. If being honest is trolling then we might as well stop the world. I don’t like them, and I am free to say so. The difference between me and you is that you’re constantly causing trouble. 

Also as @boots60 says, some of the tigers fans attitude towards our club, the way we are looked down on is disgusting. Can’t have things both ways. 

But hey, if you wanna make this a situation with what’s going on in the world then carry on. I feel sorry for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s not trolling though is it. If being honest is trolling then we might as well stop the world. I don’t like them, and I am free to say so. The difference between me and you is that you’re constantly causing trouble. 

Also as @boots60 says, some of the tigers fans attitude towards our club, the way we are looked down on is disgusting. Can’t have things both ways. 

But hey, if you wanna make this a situation with what’s going on in the world then carry on. I feel sorry for you. 

When you repeat something over and over again to get a rise out of a person or group of people seems to be trolling to me. But you're a Mod you'd understand the definition (and its interpretation) far better than I would.

Clearly you also have a more accurate definition of "constantly causing trouble" as well.

But hey if you want to have a go at Tigers fans with what's going on in the world then carry on. 

Just coming back to Jonny May - no doubt he will be missed for his contribution in the games he plays. But are Tigers better off with someone who is not quite international class, but (barring injury) playing all the time? Is it possible with the saving in his wages, Tigers may be able to have a better squad overall with a replacement and one other? Tigers need to consolidate and a mid table finish next season would be an achievement. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FIF said:

When you repeat something over and over again to get a rise out of a person or group of people seems to be trolling to me. But you're a Mod you'd understand the definition (and its interpretation) far better than I would.

Clearly you also have a more accurate definition of "constantly causing trouble" as well.

But hey if you want to have a go at Tigers fans with what's going on in the world then carry on. 

I’m not saying it to get a rise out of anyone. Just stating my opinion. 

If the internet bothers you that much I would suggest it’s not the place for you. 

57 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m not saying it to get a rise out of anyone. Just stating my opinion. 

If the internet bothers you that much I would suggest it’s not the place for you. 

It’s a bit w@nk slagging of a team from your own city but I’m just stating my opinion on an internet forum 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It’s a bit w@nk slagging of a team from your own city but I’m just stating my opinion on an internet forum 

It’s a bit wank using condescending and chippy language and it’s a bit wank replying to someone’s post directly who is disappointed at their clubs fall from grace to revel in that fact (but not to obviously wind them up) and I too am just stating my opinion on an Internet forum. This post shouldn’t put anybody’s knickers in a twist and if it does then internet is probably the wrong place for them!

Come on Bert old son, it was a bit inflammatory! 

Edited by Swan Lesta
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Which is absolutely fine by me 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bert said:

Which is absolutely fine by me 

Shame you don't have the same attitude when you have your Mod hat on. 

oh yeah, I'm just stating my opinion.

Edited by Guest

The usual suspect being a see you next Tuesday I see.

If you were a proper, match going Leicester supporter who invested their hard earned around about 15 years ago when we were struggling, for years, and ended up in League One, and had the pleasure of speaking to a fair percentage of the tigers older supporters at the time, you’d understand Berts point of view.

A lot of them were arrogant priks who would  of been happy to see us cease to exist so the roads were quieter and there was no fixture congestion. They’ve looked down on us for years. Our kick off times were routinely moved, and any sort of inconvenience the “puff ballers” caused them was unacceptable as they were much more important to the city than we were.

Now the shoes on the other foot.

I wish no Ill on them at all personally but if your not at least empathetic to his point of view, you didn’t engage with the club during its darkest time, as it was a well known fact when we really struggled all they did was stick the boot in.

A touch of resentment from someone I know has spent thousands following this club should not be questioned by some dickhead in a broom closet in France who probably hasn’t been to a game since he joined the forum.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If you were a proper, match going Leicester supporter who invested their hard earned around about 15 years ago when we were struggling, for years, and ended up in League One, and had the pleasure of speaking to a fair percentage of the tigers older supporters at the time, you’d understand Berts point of view.

A lot of them were arrogant priks who would  of been happy to see us cease to exist so the roads were quieter and there was no fixture congestion. They’ve looked down on us for years. Our kick off times were routinely moved, and any sort of inconvenience the “puff ballers” caused them was unacceptable as they were much more important to the city than we were.

I wish no Ill on them at all personally but if your not at least empathetic to his point of view, you didn’t engage with the club during its darkest time, as it was a well known fact when we really struggled all they did was stick the boot in.

A touch of resentment from someone I know has spent thousands following this club should not be questioned by some dickhead in a broom closet in France who probably hasn’t been to a game since he joined the forum.

You describe their fans as arrogant pricks for not getting behind one of their local teams. Whilst that may make it more understandable to revel in their present difficulties in my opinion that just puts those that do now regarding the Tigers in the same boat. It’s not the fault of a club for having some fans who are twats. Crikey, LCFC has plenty including myself !

But Leicester is my home city so I want to see all its sporting teams do well. 

Neither am I convinced by a distinction between those who do and don’t go to games. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years plus and even before that went to many games home and away. That doesn’t make me any better or more deserving than those that don’t. There were years when I couldn’t get to games due to my location and finances but it didn’t mean that I wasn’t a passionate supporter. My partner will be happy to vouch for how miserable I was on a weekend after a loss. 

I don’t doubt Bert’s credentials as a fan of our club but as is clear from this and earlier posts we have different views about getting behind the teams representing our city. 

• Like 3

I don’t think there’s ever been worse patter than rugby fans calling footballers “puffs”. 

Me and my dad used to go the Tigers, we heard a roar from the walkers once and we both went “yess!” just to each other, didn’t like celebrate or anything, and there were a few audible tut’s from some blanket wearing flask drinkers around us lol 

I like the tigers, obviously, I’m local and I like seeing local teams thriving, it makes me proud (er than I already am) to be from the city - but yeah, the clientele down the tigers let things down a bit. Being in both crowds certainly gives a good representation of “city” and “county” divide. 

We used to go to the tigers in about 2006/07 and even though they were still dominant to a certain extent you always thought that they’d never be too far from a situation like they’re in now. Too much of an old school attitude, jobs for the boys and forward dominated rugby. The games changed. I haven’t looked at any stats but I bet any money tigers are around the top of the stats for penalties conceded too which has always been their issue. Back in the good old days you might have got away with it to break down an attack but you continue to give pens away now at this level and 10s and 15s will just kick you to death. 

Edited by Manini

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

:clap:

On 12/04/2020 at 16:13, Finnegan said:

Bert is one of those fragile football fans that thinks all the mean Tigers fans are judging him for liking City. 

Let him be. 

Not quite Finners. It’s not the sport. Nor am I a fragile football fan. People can’t throw shade (like the hardcore of tigers fans did, they hammered us back then, as well as their hierarchy giving it the big licks with their demands, in fact they still owe us a number of swaps which have fallen by the wayside) then not expect any back. 

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

i also know..like myself of older fans of Leicester city,Tigers from within the Clubs also around Junior clubs, and among fans.

negative banter runs Two ways, dickheads Don t just Take One-way streets...

After 1St game Game cancellations,I remember when a couple of bus loads of Mixed players & fans, organized within 36 hrs a trip to France vs Ireland 6 nations game...A right Mix of Foxes & Tigers...

some People on both sides Today Take the ridiculing banter,far too serious..

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mate both sides are a small minority and both are as daft as each other. 

You know Masters don't know, used to be Sparky on here? Absolutely sound guy, massive City fan, massive Tigers fan. I know loads like him, either genuinely like both sports and teams or just support anything Leicester. 

There's a fringe group of weirdos on both sides who think it's some sort of rivalry and by and large, both are pretty much just petty, usually fairly classist and have crap justifications for not liking the other that basically come down to perceived hate from the other side. 

It's nonsense. 

Yeah I know plenty of people who are massive fans of both. No problem.  People do what they want and that’s fine, it’s their choice. One of my best friends is a huge Tigers fan and I’m no different with him concerning this. 

I always used to want every single Leicester side to win everything, funnily enough. Still the same now with Cricket, basketball etc. Obviously LCFC has always been number 1 and upon hearing Tigers fans and hierarchy attitudes towards LCFC years ago made me not want to like them anymore. You reap what you sew. Certainly don’t think it’s any sort of rivalry. I just don’t like them now. 

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Sorry, Pabs, but I was a season ticket holder for City in 2008-09, talked to many Tigers fans and I still don't get where Bert is coming from here. It's like a bit of snobbery from some of the Tigers fans then somehow justifies much more reverse snobbery now.

But then I might not have talked to the same Tigers fans as you did, I'm keen on pretty much all the Leicester clubs regardless of the actions of the their fanbase (barring something absolutely unforgivable of course and I don't think that line has been close to being crossed anywhere) and I've never understood the appeal of feeling joy in the misery of others anyway.

It’s not about 08-09 is it, it’s about 05-06,06-07, years and years of not having a pot to piss in  and shit results and all a section of their fan base did was piss themselves laughing at the situation at 5pm most Saturdays. This isn’t an opinion it’s a stone cold fact. I’m not saying all Leicester Tigers fans we’re like that, but there were plenty of them. I worked with a particularly unpleasant one.

Like I say, I’m not particularly bothered myself, but I know they wound him up, and I know plenty of others who went home and away then and still go home and away now who got equally annoyed by it.

And this is the most important part, why can’t he have his say without being accused of abusing his position or being a troll if that’s lead to him having a distaste for them? This is a Leicester City forum, not a Leicester Tigers forum, we’ve got thread after thread bashing other football clubs, other football leagues etc, but we can’t say anything about the local rugby club because they play a different sport in the same city? If he doesn’t like the Leicester Tigers he can say he doesn’t like the Leicester tigers, he’s got his reasons. Valid ones. It’s not about snobbery, he just doesn’t like them after taking years of shit off the more arrogant section on their fan base.

These accusations  are all coming from the same backwards toss pot who rants endlessly in forum support about how he should be able to practically say what he wants in general chat and how others should not be “Snowflakes” should they disagree with his highly controversial views, a man who falsely accuses others of racism acting like the forums Owen Jones then himself publishes a post insulting  homophobic acts make him sick, and yet he’s having a meltdown about someone taking a dislike to the Leicester tigers and acting like it’s some sort of miscarriage of forum justice, pathetic.

13 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You describe their fans as arrogant pricks for not getting behind one of their local teams. Whilst that may make it more understandable to revel in their present difficulties in my opinion that just puts those that do now regarding the Tigers in the same boat. It’s not the fault of a club for having some fans who are twats. Crikey, LCFC has plenty including myself !

But Leicester is my home city so I want to see all its sporting teams do well. 

Neither am I convinced by a distinction between those who do and don’t go to games. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years plus and even before that went to many games home and away. That doesn’t make me any better or more deserving than those that don’t. There were years when I couldn’t get to games due to my location and finances but it didn’t mean that I wasn’t a passionate supporter. My partner will be happy to vouch for how miserable I was on a weekend after a loss. 

I don’t doubt Bert’s credentials as a fan of our club but as is clear from this and earlier posts we have different views about getting behind the teams representing our city. 

No I’m sorry, if certain fans don’t want to turn the other cheek as far as the Leicester Tigers are concerned that is their call and they are well within their rights to do so. It’s not even a case of not getting behind us, it’s lapping up what was a dire situation and actively mocking the football club. This like most other things is individual specific and depends on which tigers fans you’ve had the pleasure or displeasure of knowing. 

I did not describe all of their fans as arrogant pricks, but there was more than enough to piss a lot of our match going fans off.

He can voice his opinion without others accusing him of abuse of power or calling him a troll. Like I say this is no more a Leicester Tigers forum than it is a Tottenham Hotspur’s one.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not about 08-09 is it, it’s about 05-06,06-07, years and years of not having a pot to piss in  and shit results and all a section of their fan base did was piss themselves laughing at the situation at 5pm most Saturdays. This isn’t an opinion it’s a stone cold fact. I’m not saying all Leicester Tigers fans we’re like that, but there were plenty of them. I worked with a particularly unpleasant one.

Like I say, I’m not particularly bothered myself, but I know they wound him up, and I know plenty of others who went home and away then and still go home and away now who got equally annoyed by it.

And this is the most important part, why can’t he have his say without being accused of abusing his position or being a troll if that’s lead to him having a distaste for them? This is a Leicester City forum, not a Leicester Tigers forum, we’ve got thread after thread bashing other football clubs, other football leagues etc, but we can’t say anything about the local rugby club because they play a different sport in the same city? If he doesn’t like the Leicester Tigers he can say he doesn’t like the Leicester tigers, he’s got his reasons. Valid ones. It’s not about snobbery, he just doesn’t like them after taking years of shit off the more arrogant section on their fan base.

These accusations  are all coming from the same backwards toss pot who rants endlessly in forum support about how he should be able to practically say what he wants in general chat and how others should not be “Snowflakes” should they disagree with his highly controversial views, a man who falsely accuses others of racism acting like the forums Owen Jones then himself publishes a post insulting  homophobic acts make him sick, and yet he’s having a meltdown about someone taking a dislike to the Leicester tigers and acting like it’s some sort of miscarriage of forum justice, pathetic.

Had a season ticket from 06/07 to when I came out here in 2010, but I thought you were referring specifically to the L1 season and I guess that's by the by anyway. I still don't really get it - anger and resentment on something like this seems to be all rather poisonous and trivial to me.

As for the last coupla paragraphs, that's hitting on a pretty fundamental paradox that's at the heart of any "open" forum. How can someone be "free" to express their opinion if they then get lambasted for it? Simple answer IMO is this - no one is stopping or removing Berts platform, so he remains "free" to express his opinion about the Tigers. However, other people are, and should be, equally "free" to express disdain about that opinion so long as everyone still has a platform. So no, if you're truly interested in freedom of opinion, Bert cannot have his say without being accused of being a "troll" because that would be rather hypocritical (speaking about free speech of one while limiting such of others), but he can of course respond to such allegations and defend himself freely. If we're looking for a truly open and more importantly consistent forum in terms of what speech is allowed and what isn't (and one's mileage may vary there), then that is the way it has to be.