Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s worrying because unless you can scrum you’re always up against it to put an opponent to bed. How long will we be struggling for props ?? 

Been saying for sometime now that 1&3 are the positions we really need to look at strengthening it’s the weakest part of the squad currently. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

That’s it now I think, no more league games during the 6 nations. 

I’m struggling to think if this is out of the norm, I’m sure the league used to carry on during the 6N and Tigers were always severely hit with the amount of 1st teamer’s away just like the beginning of this season with WC.

It’s typical that we have a relatively strong squad remaining when the likes of Northampton, Quinn’s etc are pretty depleted with their big players away but the league stops, we could have used this time to catch up.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I’m struggling to think if this is out of the norm, I’m sure the league used to carry on during the 6N and Tigers were always severely hit with the amount of 1st teamer’s away just like the beginning of this season with WC.

It’s typical that we have a relatively strong squad remaining when the likes of Northampton, Quinn’s etc are pretty depleted with their big players away but the league stops, we could have used this time to catch up.

yes always used to carry on. And it used to be accepted when we used to have 9-10 players away on international duty that we’d just put our big boy trousers on and carry on.   Can you imagine that in the premier league? lol

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

yes always used to carry on. And it used to be accepted when we used to have 9-10 players away on international duty that we’d just put our big boy trousers on and carry on.   Can you imagine that in the premier league? lol

Not a chance in hell it would happen in football 😂 

Realised as I was driving I guess it stops due to the shortened season with losing 3 clubs, if they continued through 6N then the league would finish beginning of March & before completion of 6N

13 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

The tories over on the Tigers forum salivating at the prospect of this already.

Shouldn't criticise too much though, a good portion of our fanbase would be hammering the Saudi flag emoji if we were in similar position.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tigers through to Premiership cup final v Gloucester on the 15th March.
Was a hard thought win v Ealing which at 1 point could have gone either way. Ealing have some top talent through out taken from Wasps, L Irish & Worcester as well as 3 ex Tigers but you'd expect a win for Tigers despite fielding a fair amount of 2nd/3rd string players.
What it proved thou was we are in desperate need of some quality Props, after Cole & Heyes i wouldn't be that upset at seeing Hurd, Cronin, Richardson & Van Wyk all moved on only giving Whitcombe a pass as only just coming through really & not had enough outings to say he's going to be good or bad.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

Incredible a domestic cup final is to be played at the ground of one of the finalists. Imagine Liverpool getting home advantage for the League Cup final. 

Yeah very weird way of doing this basically who ever was the higher 'cup' seed from the finalists got the home advantage but its a cup why not play at Twickers as that w/end is free with ENG playing in FRA on Super Sat'dee.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Yeah very weird way of doing this basically who ever was the higher 'cup' seed from the finalists got the home advantage but its a cup why not play at Twickers as that w/end is free with ENG playing in FRA on Super Sat'dee.

Not sure what attendances have been like but even a 20k-25k stadium halfway between the two would have worked.

• Like 2

Expecting a substantial increase in my Season Ticket next week, going to have to really consider if it’s value for money anymore. 

I love watching the City, I like going to the Tigers. With Wasps/Worcester/London Irish going under there’s already been a hit. I’ve missed a few games this year for one reason and another so it’s not the best time to propose a large increase to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/03/2024 at 20:19, st albans fox said:

Cup final v Gloucester Fri 19:45

Can’t even put a Profi-final on terrestrial TV…

Quick lesson how UK-TV spoil root gamesports…

• Like 1

It's fairly boring, this.

Kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, fumble, scrum, penalty, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick.

Caterpillar rucking.

Eugh.

Edited by Vacamion

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Very poor discipline from tigers 

down to 13

going to be tough to win from here 

Ref seemed a little card happy then, Dan was carded on just the 3rd pen & no warning we’ve seen these go 5 or 6 with warnings & not sure what was cynical about Brown’s?

Its livened the game up mind but at the same time ruined it as a competition