Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Malta v England, WC Qualifier - 1/9/2017 @ 19:45

Is anyone interested in this one..?

Should be a walk in the park, but can see it just being the standard 2-0 win imo.

Expecting Maguire to be handed a start and hope he plays the whole match.

Don't know any of Malta's squad apart from Mifsud who did ok at Coventry a few years back..

4 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Why is a tiny little island like Malta afforded the status of a national team ?

These teams are completely and utterly pointless ... might as well  include the 

Isle of Wight in the qualifying rounds.

I get the argument of a pre-qualifying round but they are a national team. Why shouldn't a Maltese man have the same right to represent his country as me or you as an Englishman? 

15 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Perhaps, possibly, it's because it is a nation? 

Guest BlueBrett

18 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Size has nothing to do  with it. The Maltese are a proud people with a fascinating history and culture all of their own. Besides, after the part they played in WW2 I'd say they have a hell of a lot more right to nationhood than some of the dominant powers in modern Europe

5 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

Size has nothing to do  with it. The Maltese are a proud people with a fascinating history and culture all of their own. Besides, after the part they played in WW2 I'd say they have a hell of a lot more right to nationhood than some of the dominant powers in modern Europe

Cannon fodder like Luxembourg , Andorra etc etc  

Archived