Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Handshaking is not a must..:rolleyes:

Worse is everyone seems to kiss each other these days upon meeting. Bit uncomfortable when you meet someone you sort of just know a bit, but whose a bit of a munter and expects a kiss on  each cheek. 

All a bit luvy to me, just a raise of the hand will do, not keen on this space invasion that’s taken off over the last decade. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Worse is everyone seems to kiss each other these days upon meeting. Bit uncomfortable when you meet someone you sort of just know a bit, but whose a bit of a munter and expects a kiss on  each cheek. 

All a bit luvy to me, just a raise of the hand will do, not keen on this space invasion that’s taken off over the last decade. 

Careful, if you don't comply with basic western values you'll be on Aunt Tessy's deportation list. We'll have none of this 'personal choice' nonsense around here thank you very much.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Claridge said:

Coke is horrible. The drink

No idea why people willingly pump themselves will of sugar when there are diet alternatives. (in b4 the Aspartame scare mongerers come running into the room.)

That being said, Diet Coke is bland as anything. Give me Pepsi Max or Pepsi Max Cherry/Vanilla any day of the week. (not sure why Pepsi thought Pepsi ginger was better to release in bottles and cans before Pepsi Vanilla, though)

Still waiting for Fanta Lemon Diet to be introduced to the UK, only sell full sugar stuff. It's not very hardcore but my can of that in Seville last year was a good moment.

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

No idea why people willingly pump themselves will of sugar when there are diet alternatives. (in b4 the Aspartame scare mongerers come running into the room.)

That being said, Diet Coke is bland as anything. Give me Pepsi Max or Pepsi Max Cherry/Vanilla any day of the week. (not sure why Pepsi thought Pepsi ginger was better to release in bottles and cans before Pepsi Vanilla, though)

Still waiting for Fanta Lemon Diet to be introduced to the UK, only sell full sugar stuff. It's not very hardcore but my can of that in Seville last year was a good moment.

The new diet coke/zero flavours are pretty decent. :D

12 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Pepsi Max Cherry? Be careful you don't spill it on your dress.

5 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I spend so much time with my dog,I sniff balls and bums as a greeting.

55 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The new diet coke/zero flavours are pretty decent. :D

Tbf Coke Zero isn't too bad, and Coke Zero Vanilla definitely is something which plugs the gap in the market Pepsi are so frustratingly not selling into, either.

49 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Pepsi Max Cherry? Be careful you don't spill it on your dress.

I'd only ever wear dresses to attract charmers like you :nigel: 

6 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Its so easy..cross your arms to your shoulders a small bow...

Then finish off with a Glasgow kiss..:cool:

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Every driver should have to retake and pass their driving test annually, same as a car has to pass an MOT. If it's true that 95% of car accidents are caused by driver error, then isn't it about time the 'nut behind the wheel' was tested regularly?

Good shout actually considering how have to be serviced, perhaps the driver should too.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Every driver should have to retake and pass their driving test annually, same as a car has to pass an MOT. If it's true that 95% of car accidents are caused by driver error, then isn't it about time the 'nut behind the wheel' was tested regularly?

Maybe not quite that frequently (except for very old drivers) but it seems mental in this day and age that you pass your test at 17 and then are never checked again. The amount of bad habits that many drivers pick up over the years, surely it wouldn't hurt to have to be observed for 15 minutes every 3 years or so? Would probably turf out a lot of the shittest drivers, and the extra income generated could go directly to highways maintenance

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Maybe not quite that frequently (except for very old drivers) but it seems mental in this day and age that you pass your test at 17 and then are never checked again. The amount of bad habits that many drivers pick up over the years, surely it wouldn't hurt to have to be observed for 15 minutes every 3 years or so? Would probably turf out a lot of the shittest drivers, and the extra income generated could go directly to highways maintenance

Agree, but it would be impossible to make happen. It’s hard enough getting people to tax, insure and mot a car, so giving them another task would be just to costly to try and police. 

On 4/18/2018 at 18:23, the fox said:

"Men don't cry" is one of the worst taboos ever! There is no shame in shedding a tear. At least you are acknowledging those feelings instead of letting them eat you inside.

DIY SOS regularly has me close to the waterworks. The father of two young girls who had a stroke this week and his brother in law who gave up everything to look after him, very emotional.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Part of growing up is learning to accept that Morrissey is a twat and Marr is a godlike genius. 

Morrissey has pretty much always existed to piss people off and now it seems to be our turn.

A mate of mine interviewed Johnny Marr the other day. Said he was a lovely man, but very small

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Morrissey has pretty much always existed to piss people off and now it seems to be our turn.

A mate of mine interviewed Johnny Marr the other day. Said he was a lovely man, but very small

Maybe he was just holding a very big guitar. 

• Haha 1