Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Harry Maguire isn't as good as most people say he is.

* puts on tin hat *

I'm struggling to find another defender in the PL that looks comfortable on the ball, going forward, and wins most of the challenges between him and an opposition player?

Not sure why some are shrugging him off, as it's his first season and is still wuite young enough to improve even further.

34 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

lollol 

We improved every season under Pearson what makes you think he would have took us backwards? 

2008/09 League One= winners

2009/10 Championship= playoffs 

2011/12 Championship (Took over in November) 9th

2012/13 Championship= Playoffs

2013/14 Championship= Winners

2014/15 Premiership= 14th

And where is he now? Belgium. Nuff said

6 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

We improved every season under Pearson what makes you think he would have took us backwards? 

2008/09 League One= winners

2009/10 Championship= playoffs 

2011/12 Championship (Took over in November) 9th

2012/13 Championship= Playoffs

2013/14 Championship= Winners

2014/15 Premiership= 14th

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

And where is he now? Belgium. Nuff said

Doesn't matter where he is now.

He improved us season on season, that's a fact.

He almost certainly wouldn't have taken us to the title but who cares.

He did many good things for us and left us in a very healthy state.

We've moved on, he's moved on.

No reason why we can't appreciate what he did though.

Had his faults, obviously, but the good far outweighs the bad.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FIF said:

Geoff peters is not as good as he thinks he is. 

Not sure what that's got to do with anything.

Not sure I've ever said I think I'm good at what I do or if anyone else has said it which kind of rules your point invalid but there you go. Have a lovely day.

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Harry Maguire is bloody brilliant he can go on nice runs cross a wicked ball and can defend. Very lucky to have him play for us. Not sure why people don’t rate him? 

I didn't say I didn't rate him. I just said I don't think he's as good as some people make out. Maybe he'd be better with someone rather than Morgan alongside him.

5 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Maguire's stats are no better than the likes of Michael Keane. Being comfortable on the ball as a centre back is all the rage right now but the ability to defend is still far more important. 

Maguire's defensive ability is a bit overrated on FT but defenders are difficult to judge defensively with stats. Even data analysts at clubs struggle.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'll never understand why people love a cup of tea.

Wow, of all the shit, unpopular opinions on here this one takes the biscuit.

I would say you sir, have never had a well made cuppa, one of life’s simplest  pleasures. No matter the situation, no serious conversation should every start without someone saying, “I’ll put the kettle on”

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Wow, of all the shit, unpopular opinions on here this one takes the biscuit.

I would say you sir, have never had a well made cuppa, one of life’s simplest  pleasures. No matter the situation, no serious conversation should every start without someone saying, “I’ll put the kettle on”

lol I've just never understood it. The smell and the taste are just so bland. 

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Jacob William Rees-Mogg could well be our next prime minister.  

Can't see it personally unless someone else gets elected and he takes over the party. 

The middle ground wouldn't vote for him en masse and the right wing working classes would be put off. 

In an era when Trump is getting in surfing in on the forgotten poor white vote, you'd have a really hard time selling JRM as a candidate that gets the every day man, especially when you start throwing in his Conservative religious views. 

The Very White British vote might like the idea of a leader who avows to be publicly Very Christian, but really we're hugely majority areligious and we don't reaaaally like anyone that overly vocally still believes in their imaginary friend. 

I'm not suggesting he couldn't do the job, by the way, I just think he'd be too hard a sell on a PR level. It was bad enough trying to convince people Cameron was a man of the people, you'd have no hope with JRM. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Jacob William Rees-Mogg could well be our next prime minister.  

If he can get to the final two of the next Tory leadership contest and assuming May steps down before 2021 he's got it.

A fine Pirme Minister he'll make as well I think. Will be wonderful to have someone who is polite, articulate and intelligent leading the nation, I've not seen that happen yet.

50 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Tea is crap especially when you consider coffee exists. No point in drinking the stuff 

1.4 billion Chinese would beg to differ (notwithstanding national stereotype).

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

If he can get to the final two of the next Tory leadership contest and assuming May steps down before 2021 he's got it.

A fine Pirme Minister he'll make as well I think. Will be wonderful to have someone who is polite, articulate and intelligent leading the nation, I've not seen that happen yet.

Bizarre last paragraph. 

How can you possibly claim Blair and Cameron weren't polite, articulate and intelligent? I didn't like either but they were hardly thick uncouth yobos were they. I give you Brown and May are / were dour as **** but the other two could orate at least. 

In fact, I'd go so far as to say Tony Blair was an absolutely sensational orator. A scumbag of the highest order but the man could talk. 

What you actually seem to mean is you want to see a stereotypical member of the English gentry leading the country which baffles the **** out of me given you're a lad from the New Parks.