Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Apparently it was the same person who keeps signing up to ask if you'd let children go to the toilet. she's either a troll or a bit weird.

Sounds like she'd fit it perfectly around here ;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'll never understand why people love a cup of tea.

I'll never understand why people love alcohol and get drunk. Its crap, tastes like garbage but i suppose its effects are good if you want to feel tipsy etc. Toss in the old throwing up part if you've had too much.

lol

Now its time for me to have that tea as its been steeping for several minutes now. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

@UpTheLeagueFox I've always wondered, is Adrian Durham actually a top bloke who is just very good at trolling the masses, or is he genuinely a massive tosser?

I actually enjoy listening to him and Goughie, sure that's unpopular.

I get on well with Adrian, personally and professionally. He's not everyone's cup of tea, and I struggle with some of his Drivetime antics, but on Match Day Live he's pure gold.

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I get on well with Adrian, personally and professionally. He's not everyone's cup of tea, and I struggle with some of his Drivetime antics, but on Match Day Live he's pure gold.

I only really listen to Adrian Durham, Goughie then Cundy & Goldstein at night.

I find you always get them disagreeing with each other on purpose, obviously to just get callers ringing in. It’s like they take it in turns to be good cop bad cop everyday. 

The two mikes are just plain awful, seriously how have they got a job on radio. They are like 2 drunk old men sat in the corner of a pub mumbling rubbish.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I met Jim, Micky & Bob last month - enjoyed their company. Bob especially made me a laugh.

Guest Foxin_mad
15 hours ago, toddybad said:

There's another thread for this stuff.

Though your description of 40% of the electorate tells us rather more about you than him.

Just a ironic direct rip of Rogs post towards the Tory scumshit tosswanks. 

As I have said many times I fully respect anyone for whatever their views are, I may disagree.

40% of the electorate could also be hard right tory tosswanks allegedly. 

On 4/1/2018 at 20:56, Saxondale said:

Jonjo Shelvey is arguably the best English centre mid.

https://talksport.com/football/england-boss-gareth-southgate-watch-newcastle-united-star-jonjo-shelvey-ahead-potential

Shelvey could soon be rewarded for his exceptional form this season

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Jonjo Shelvey is the shock name being considered for England’s World Cup squad almost two-and-a-half years after his last appearance, according to reports.

Concerns over the fitness issues surrounding both Liverpool star and Adam Lallana and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere mean Gareth Southgate is seriously considering the former Charlton Athletic man.

According to The Times, Southgate will be in attendance for the Magpies’ trip to Everton on Monday night and will make a judgement call on Shelvey’s form.

The vision and passing ability of the 26-year-old has seriously impressed the Three Lions boss, after he has created 33 chances for his teammates in the Premier League this season.

That’s considerably more than Tottenham Hotspur stalwart Eric Dier (15), Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson (24) and the aforementioned Wilshere (13).

With Southgate wanting to add more subtlety and ingenuity to his midfield, Shelvey is the outstanding frontrunner.

However, disciplinary problems have always blighted the former Swansea City man.

At the start of the season, he picked up a needless red card at St James’ Park for stamping on Tottenham Hotspur man Dele Alli with the scores level. Rafael Benitez’s men went on to lose the game 2-0.

And in the reverse fixture with Everton back in December, Shelvey was given a second yellow for a tackle on Idrissa Gana Gueye with the game finely poised at 1-0 to the away side.

It would be unfair to say his discipline has not drastically improved – having been booked in his previous 12 Premier League games.

The final World Cup squad is expected to be named before England’s warm-up matches against Nigeria, on June 2 and Costa Rica, on June 7.

I'm not as misanthropic as Oz is - there are dozens of examples of humanity doing good stuff and progressing in a way that protects the species as a whole every day.

However, it is a thing that in many cases we still haven't overcome our base instincts to exercise power over the other guy for the sake of establishing legacy and demonstrating for the sake of ego that we're apparently the dominant species - the methods of doing so have just become more sophisticated than hitting them over the head with a club. That's not necessarily the best thing for the future.

We can get over that - one day we're going to have to. Here's hoping we do, because for all their faults humans have quite a lot of positives going for them too.

7 hours ago, MattP said:

Exhibit A often being you.

This from a man who either....

A) Deliberately actually pissed on a homeless person

B) Went on a website and (Tincy style seeking validation and rep points) lied abut pissing on a homeless person

You must be so proud.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
24 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This from a man who either....

A) Deliberately actually pissed on a homeless person

B) Went on a website and (Tincy style seeking validation and rep points) lied abut pissing on a homeless person

You must be so proud.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote.

I pissed in an alleyway and half way through realised what appeared to be a homeless person was also in it, it was no made up nor deliberate. 

If you are going to throw accusations get it right.

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

You clearly didn't read what I wrote.

I pissed in an alleyway and half way through realised what appeared to be a homeless person was also in it, it was no made up nor deliberate. 

If you are going to throw accusations get it right.

lol say what you like we both know the truth, you wrote of it with "pride". It was only when you grew up a little you decided to change the concept.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Isn't he a Catholic? We can't have a Catholic PM if I recall.

Blair is a Catholic, isn't he?

Anyway, I think you may be confusing it with a Catholic monarch.