Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

While I consider Batman to be one of my all-time favorite superheroes, him having this moral code of "no killing" is a huge pile of Bulljive. He has the blood of countless innocent people on his hands and he rarely if ever takes a good look at the implications of letting the bad guys live. but what really grinds my gears is the fact that he doesn't even try and act like "they can change for the better". He just locks them down and they escape time and time again like chief wiggum is on guard duty.

While I dislike Superman's nonchalant, haughty attitude and his holier-than-thou act, he at least knows when it's time to put his foot down. Anti-heroes like Rorschach and the Punisher, for example, are massively underrated. They may not get the public adoration of the caped superheroes who pose for the cameras, but at the end of the day, they are left with the dirty work while "masteh bruce" is living the life and the joker running amok as per.

Edited by the fox

1 minute ago, Buce said:

You do know he’s not real, yeah?

But that's beside the point. It's a piece of fiction just like most movies and animation so that doesn't mean a person can't criticize the glaring contradiction between "trying to save people" and "letting the bad guys live after they killed for the 12th time".

8 hours ago, the fox said:

While I consider Batman to be one of my all-time favorite superheroes, him having this moral code of "no killing"  is a huge pile of Bulljive. He has the blood of countless innocent people on his hands and he rarely if ever takes a good look at the implications of letting the bad guys live. but what really grinds my gears is the fact that he doesn't even try and act like "they can change for the better". He just locks them down and they escape time and time again like chief wiggum is on guard duty.

While I dislike Superman's nonchalant, haughty attitude and his holier-than-thou act, he at least knows when it's time to put his foot down. Anti-heroes like Rorschach and the Punisher, for example, are massively underrated. They may not get the public adoration of the caped superheroes who pose for the cameras, but at the end of the day, they are left with the dirty work while "masteh bruce" is living the life and the joker running amok as per.

Ashamed to say that after years watching the shows / films, I've never even realised this :unsure::doh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Leicester City

Yeah his achievement of taking us to the lofty heights of 24th in the championship was incredible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Peter Soulsby is doing a pretty good job overseeing investment in the City Centre. 

Some of the city centre now looks better compared to a year or so ago, such as the market place area and where the old council building used to be imo.

The main area of the centre that needs improving is Belgrave Gate/St. Matthew's etc area - doesn't fill me with pride passing through the places.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 02/05/2018 at 21:50, the fox said:

Batman

Whenever anyone says that name I instantly remember the scene where he is hanging from a rope ladder under a helicopter out over the sea and has a shark clamped onto his leg ...  he reaches into his utility belt and brings out a spray marked shark repellant and gives it a quick squirt ..  the shark immediately lets go and falls back into the sea ..   and he doesn't even have a ladder in his tights !!!!! ....     comedy gold !!!!!! ....     lollollol

ZAP !!! ....    BANG !!!! ...   KERPOW !!!!!

Anyway Foxy ...   you need to get out more ...    :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Whenever anyone says that name I instantly remember the scene where he is hanging from a rope ladder under a helicopter out over the sea and has a shark clamped onto his leg ...  he reaches into his utility belt and brings out a spray marked shark repellant and gives it a quick squirt ..  the shark immediately lets go and falls back into the sea ..   and he doesn't even have a ladder in his tights !!!!! ....     comedy gold !!!!!! ....     lollollol

I remember that! lol

That was Adam West - the proper Batman.

• Like 3

Womens football should never be shown on the TV ..   its fookin sh1te. 

Or .......     sky should have a channel 999 called "Fookin sh1te" and put it, (along with other cr@p like Eastenders), on that, so that it can be easily avoided ...     :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

DWaxEOJUMAAA4HI.jpg.9c895c78c0e391a2345c5676bddb27c5.jpg

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Womens football should never be shown on the TV ..   its fookin sh1te. 

Or .......     sky should have a channel 999 called "Fookin sh1te" and put it, (along with other cr@p like Eastenders), on that, so that it can be easily avoided ...     :thumbup:

In the present climate of sexual equality women's football shouldn't exist.

There should just be football and if the women are good enough they play if not they do the washing up or something.

Same for every sport.

Let's go further and remove parasports too. Equality is equality and why should disabled (or whatever the correct term is these days) athletes be humiliated by playing in a lesser sport. all for one and one for all.