Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Funny really because people used to meet at the pub - now they meet for a 'Costa' instead.

Coffee shops are our the new public houses

but you can't play darts and then have a scrap with the local lunatic in Costa.... 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bet loads of people that moan about the closure of pubs are those part time drinkers that turn up either on hot days in the summer or festive ones near to Christmas, they spend nothing and have no concept of "the round."

I'll stay on me own!

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Coffee shop culture is an abomination and the scourge of UK towns and cities. 

Living close to central London, I know how bad it's become. You can't take ten steps in any direction and not run into one.

The country is absolutely saturated with them, and I can't understand why people continue to flock to them in droves in order to pay upwards of £4 for a f**king coffee.

£4 for a coffee?  Pal unless that's a grande triple caramel mocha frappe latte with marshmallows and unicorn dust you're visiting the wrong establishments.  If I were you I'd try your local Caffe Nero: Their coffee's based on a smooth yet powerful Arabica/Robusta blend and it's only £2.30 for a regular Americano to go.  Not to mention the free one every 10th coffee if you pick up a loyalty card.  Now that's value and quality in one flavoursome package, how could you not?

Caffe Nero, the best espresso this side of Milan.

...Now stop trying to put me out of a job you little shit. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Funny really because people used to meet at the pub - now they meet for a 'Costa' instead.

Coffee shops are our the new public houses

You were probably being witty and intelligent, but in case you weren't you do realise that coffee shops have been around for centuries and were the places that a hell of a lot of business was carried out don't you?

As for the opinion, I like coffee houses, I don't like some of the chains so much and I hate a lot of the coffees but if people like them and understand just how much sugar is in them without you adding any then that's their choice.

I love the milano hot chocolate (without extra cream) from caffe Nero and I love some of the independant coffee (and tea) shops that can be found throughout the UK and the continent.

France doesn't have the franchise infestation simply because every bar and cafe serves the drinks.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

France doesn't have the franchise infestation simply because every bar and cafe serves the drinks.

It’s also because France has legislated and put measures in place against that model, to the benefit of many independent store holders.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thelocal.fr/20180622/how-do-all-the-independent-shops-in-paris-survive/amp

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

Coffee is life, baby. 

Little espresso in the morning helps the first poo move along nicely. 

Also, tea as we take it in England is awful. Bland tea-bags watered down with milk and sugar lol, wtf even is that? 

Tea should be quality leaves and hot water with nothing else contaminating it - like the Japanese do it. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

How can someone hate the smell of coffee? I can understand the dislike for the taste, but the smell? 

I know, right?

Strokes is a sound guy but that's just fvcking weird.

Now I really want to hear the reason as to why Strokes hates the smell of coffee, @Buce. I think people relate the smell (not just coffee) to former experiences the most (good and bad). Or he could just have the dislike for it for no reason. We need clarification, @Strokes

Talking about the like/dislike for smell, the people who enjoy the smell of tires are something else. Like how? Why? And WHY?  

Vn18oBxz5YuRsn4gZC6a27X6dJA8XCzGv2w5_Pwu

Edited by the fox

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

Now I really want to hear the reason as to why Strokes hates the smell of coffee, @Buce. I think people relate the smell (not just coffee) to former experiences the most (good and bad).

Talking about the like/dislike for smell, the people who enjoy the smell of tires are something else. Like how? Why? And WHY?  

It reeks, horrible smell. I couldn’t even get the cup near my mouth with that smell.

The only thing that smells worse than coffee, is coffee breath. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

It reeks, horrible smell. I couldn’t even get the cup near my mouth with that smell.

The only thing that smells worse than coffee, is coffee breath. ?

Now this I get. Especially if the person smokes. It's like one of the nastiest 1-2 combos out there lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Now this I get. Especially if the person smokes. It's like one of the nastiest 1-2 combos out there lol

Exactly, I think my disgust comes from teachers giving me the hairdryer treatment when I was a nipper. 

They put me off coffee for life. lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

Now I really want to hear the reason as to why Strokes hates the smell of coffee, @Buce. I think people relate the smell (not just coffee) to former experiences the most (good and bad). Or he could just have the dislike for it for no reason. We need clarification, @Strokes

I once briefly dated a girl who loved the smell of petrol. She used to carry a petrol-soaked cloth in her handbag so she could sniff it. 

• Haha 1