Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Just now, Buce said:

I don't dislike them, I just don't get people's affection for them.

I know that for some people it's a vanity thing.  "Look at my dog, look at how much it loves me... Did you know it's a rescue dog, aren't I a great person?" etc.

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure how this fits in with the new forum guidelines but fvck cats tbh horrible things 

The problem with the new rules is that this post won't receive the response it deserves.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Cats always seem so arrogant like yeah so what I'll just sit and stare you out.

It's called not being too stupid to exercise independence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I know that for some people it's a vanity thing.  "Look at my dog, look at how much it loves me... Did you know it's a rescue dog, aren't I a great person?" etc.

I definitely dont have a dog so people think i'm a great person, thats a terrible accolade imo.

Edited by Strokes

Guest MattP

Men who have cats are very strange people. 

You've literally got the choice of an animal with complete loyalty who will die for you, widely described as "man's best friend" and instead they go for a thing that brings mice in the house and wouldn't even be arsed about coming home if some other stranger on the street flashed a bowl of sour milk at it. 

I've never liked dogs, but as I've grown older I've learnt it's more their owners I don't like. When I was at uni, a group of us used to go down aylestone meadows and sit by the river with a few beers. On 4 separate occasions, a dog that had been playing in the river came over to us and shook, with all that disgusting water going all over us and our belongings. On every occasion, the owners response would be "don't worry, he's friendly." No apology or anything, just that. And they get bloody wet when playing in a river. I wouldn't have minded as much had they apologised. I don't give a **** if your dog is friendly, I don't want stinking river water sprayed all over me and my stuff when I'm trying to enjoy the sun. 

Usually get the same response if a dog jumps up on me when I'm walking around the fields around here. It's ****ing muddy and your dog is jumping up on me and getting mud on my clothes, I don't give a shit if he's friendly or just saying hello. Are you gonna pay to wash my stuff now? Of course not.

I know its not all dog owners, but it seems to be most where i live and i can't ****ing stand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattP said:

You've literally got the choice of an animal with complete loyalty who will die for you, widely described as "man's best friend" and instead they go for a thing that brings mice in the house and wouldn't even be arsed about coming home if some other stranger on the street flashed a bowl of sour milk at it. 

definitely agree with this, if you're a man living on your own and have a pet cat you need to be put on some sort of register you freak

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

definitely agree with this, if you're a man living on your own and have a pet cat you need to be put on some sort of register you freak

Yep. Only exceptions are pensioners who struggle to walk.

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That'll be me then. In my defense, the cat decided to live with me rather than the other way round. It just turned up on our street out of nowhere, no collar, no microchip, trying to cadge food off each household. I gave it some food and let it in for a bit of warmth (it was February). 10 years later and I'm still stuck with the little beggar.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

most of that is false, my cat is scared to go near anyone and runs a mile if they even get close. he's always sitting on me purring away and kneading me. if you show them enough attention then they'll give it back. my cat also doesn't bring mice home, he just straight out eats them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That'll be me then. In my defense, the cat decided to live with me rather than the other way round. It just turned up on our street out of nowhere, no collar, no microchip, trying to cadge food off each household. I gave it some food and let it in for a bit of warmth (it was February). 10 years later and I'm still stuck with the little beggar.

Take no notice, mate.

Cats are fantastic companions.

• Like 2