Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

15 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Have you ever had a good one?

I can't cook them for shit, but I've had some in restaurants that I've wanted to write ballads about

Admittedly I've only ever had steak from a restaurant once, which was sirloin. Don't get me wrong it's nice but not to the extent some people rave about it, much rather have gammon personally.

9 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Admittedly I've only ever had steak from a restaurant once, which was sirloin. Don't get me wrong it's nice but not to the extent some people rave about it, much rather have gammon personally.

Worth trying different cuts, people have different preferences and they have different flavours and textures.

8 minutes ago, matty98 said:

There's a huge difference in tastes and textures with steak. Not sure I know anyone that eats meat but doesn't like fillet steak.

It's quite expensive compared with the others but the difference between sirloin and fillet is night and day.

We all like what we like I suppose but I'd give fillet a try at least once if you haven't had it..

52 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I love a good slab of gammon

But at some point, research good steakhouses, go in and have a t-bone (with beef dripping sauce if they have it), then you'll see what the fuss is about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Get yourself a fillet and then come back.

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Pork in general is absolute filth tbh and I agree with the earlier post about good seafood being better than meat 

Overcooked pork is horrible. Perfectly cooked pork is tough to beat.

I think that goes for all meat and fish. When it's cooked perfectly it's always very nice for me.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Well cooked fish isn't just leaner and healthier than meat it's also superior in taste and texture.

1 hour ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Twee swearing is the absolute ****ing worst. Cockwomble, Spunktrumpet, cuntwaffle. Something badger. You know what I mean. Makes me cringe. Swear properly you *****

+1 for both of these. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Pork in general is absolute filth tbh and I agree with the earlier post about good seafood being better than meat 

A pork joint is often shit because it's been overcooked in my experience.

Have you tried pork belly? Sensational taste and texture, bit of crackling with it as well to give those teeth a workout.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

A pork joint is often shit because it's been overcooked in my experience.

Have you tried pork belly? Sensational taste and texture, bit of crackling with it as well to give those teeth a workout.

It's more of a personal choice to not eat pork more than anything. I did have a Sunday roast at a pub in Sheffield once that had pork belly and it was decent enough 

On 14/08/2018 at 15:45, Footballwipe said:

Fantastic podcast host. Genuinely interested as to why people don't like him. Obviously I'm biased so I can't see it!

Possibly to do with Barry Glendenning, who is a complete tosser. Just a guess. I also do not mind Max Rushton.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Pork belly has to be up there, seriously good.

Agree that pork chops and joints etc are pretty overrated, even when well cooked it's hardly flavour country.

Joint of Pork, slice and salt the skin side, 30 minutes at full whack, double foil around the tray( a deep tray is best for basting later on) then 3-4 hours at about 150 degrees, then baste over the top with all the juices in the tray, then another hour at the same temperature with the foil off. 

Fvcking incredible bit of meat!!! Falls apart!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Twee swearing is the absolute ****ing worst. Cockwomble, Spunktrumpet, cuntwaffle. Something badger. You know what I mean. Makes me cringe. Swear properly you *****

How do you feel about "neckbeard"?