Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Even just sitting in your car on the phone you can be done for it. Especially if your engine is running. 

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I remember (a long time ago) being told you could be charged with drink driving if you slept in the back of your car with the keys in your pocket (some used to say the keys had to be in the ignition). I'm not sure which, if either, is still true. That's a similar ruling I suppose. If the temptation to use the car/phone is there maybe that's a legal point on which they can convict..

On 09/08/2018 at 13:03, Finnegan said:

Wasps are pretty cool. I like all wasps and bees really, I've never been stung. You don't flap around like a twat they generally leave you alone. 

I get why wasps annoy people when they're trying to eat but you just wave your hand calmly near by and they'll drift off after a brief look. 

I was stung on my ear by a wasp last year. I didn’t even see the stripey twat coming. 

• Haha 1

On 11/08/2018 at 15:17, Max Wall said:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I remember (a long time ago) being told you could be charged with drink driving if you slept in the back of your car with the keys in your pocket (some used to say the keys had to be in the ignition). I'm not sure which, if either, is still true. That's a similar ruling I suppose. If the temptation to use the car/phone is there maybe that's a legal point on which they can convict..

I think that this is technically true but the likelihood of being charged/convicted depends on a number of factors which basically are "were you intending to drive the car". So if you're asleep on the back seat with the keys in your pocket (or safe place) then you'd probably be ok. Slumped over the steering wheel with the ignition on is almost certainly going to get you arrested (even if not actually driving)

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I think that this is technically true but the likelihood of being charged/convicted depends on a number of factors which basically are "were you intending to drive the car". So if you're asleep on the back seat with the keys in your pocket (or safe place) then you'd probably be ok. Slumped over the steering wheel with the ignition on is almost certainly going to get you arrested (even if not actually driving)

Yeah, I think that's probably true.

I'm going back a bit too. There seems to be a lot less people drunkenly sleeping it off in the back of their cars than there was 35 years ago when it seemed pretty common.

Guest seanfox778
4 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I don't trust people who hide their faces, burqas and hoodies included, although most monks are ok, I guess.

7DA19328-AF47-45A6-9043-DD16DB7FEE00.gif