Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Do cats even know their names? Do they sit on command? I mean I did see a cat on a lead once outside this bar in Brussels but it was like 11am and the owner was smashed. 

My cat not only knows its own name but also the name of each member of our family. She understands quite a few other words too and can make herself understood to us about a number of needs (ie when she wants a door opening or when she wants to be fed).

Best of all, she is really perceptive of our emotions - if ever I feel a bit down, I can hide it from my family but not the cat, and then she'll come and sit on my knee and nuzzle me.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Buce said:

My cat not only knows its own name but also the name of each member of our family. She understands quite a few other words too and can make herself understood to us about a number of needs (ie when she wants a door opening or when she wants to be fed).

In the past, our family's cat used to wake up my mom using its paws to lightly push mom's face and when she wakes up, the cat will just lead the way to the fridge and sit there waiting for the milk to be poured  lol

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

In the past, our family's cat used to wake up my mom using its paws to lightly push mom's face and when she wakes up, the cat will just lead the way to the fridge and sit there waiting for the milk to be poured  lol

Yeah, they're a lot more intelligent than most give them credit for.

When mine wants feeding and I'm busy, I'll say, "Go and tell [insert daughter's name]" and she'll go and find her, wherever she is, and tell her instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, they're a lot more intelligent than most give them credit for.

When mine wants feeding and I'm busy, I'll say, "Go and tell [insert daughter's name]" and she'll go and find her, wherever she is, and tell her instead.

I don't think cats can understand words but they can definitely pick up patterns in soundwaves and build from there. a few times when I wanted the cat to get out of the room, I would say "go" (not in English of course) and wave my hands repeatedly but with time, simple words were enough. 

Just now, the fox said:

I don't think cats can understand words but they can definitely pick up patterns in soundwaves and build from there. a few times when I wanted the cat to get out of the room, I would say "go" (not in English of course) and wave my hands repeatedly but with time, simple words were enough. 

If you don't speak English to him, how do you expect him to understand?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

That's all words are and it's exactly what we do.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Don't remember having to follow my cat around picking up its shit. :rolleyes:

this is why if i was prime minister we’d be allowed to shoot cats on sight. cats are cu nts and people who own cats are also cu nts for letting them shit everywhere and ruin everything. twats. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

this is why if i was prime minister we’d be allowed to shoot cats on sight. cats are cu nts and people who own cats are also cu nts for letting them shit everywhere and ruin everything. twats. 

They have the decency to bury their shit.  Never seen a cat leave its shit on display unless it was very ill.  People who have a problem with cat shit are weirdly obsessed with sniffing their garden.

9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

They have the decency to bury their shit.  Never seen a cat leave its shit on display unless it was very ill.  People who have a problem with cat shit are weirdly obsessed with sniffing their garden.

Also never seen a cat roll about in or eat another animal's shite like dogs do. My brother's dogs have all had a weird obsession with rolling about in and eating rabbit and deer shite, and even on occasion human shite (truckers will take a dump anywhere). Then you have to waste time washing them down when you get home.

Also, I've never known a cat to open the fridge door during the night, eat all its contents because it's a greedy guts, give itself a dickie tummy, and then redecorate the kitchen by pebbledashing the floor and walls with shite. Cus my brother's dog did that aswell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1