Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

14 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Deep Purple

Pink Floyd

Led Zepplin

The Who

Jimi Hendrix

- All shit

11 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Add David Bowie to that list

Narrow mindedness.

28 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

To be fair I do love Bowie. Have just never ‘got’ the rest

I think they're are great things about all the bands you mentioned.

There are many groups and singers that I don't like - especially boy/girl bands but I think that I realise we each have our own set of tastes and every artist has "something".

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Narrow mindedness.

How is it narrow mindedness? It’s an opinion. I think Bowie is over rated, maybe shit is a bit extreme but I’ve never understood the love in for him that’s all. I apologise my opinions don’t match yours but that’s about it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

How is it narrow mindedness? It’s an opinion. I think Bowie is over rated, maybe shit is a bit extreme but I’ve never understood the love in for him that’s all. I apologise my opinions don’t match yours but that’s about it

Probably started the whole thing of expression and just being who you want to be. How he looked and what he wore was so different and I don't think that can ever be underestimated. I know Marc Bolan did a lot of that but not to the level Bowie did.

I always think a lot can be read into who an artist influenced/influences. I've said it before but the range in which Bowie influenced was massive, we're talking from Madonna right through to Kanye West.

But I do think to appreciate something like this you probably had to live through it.

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Agree. I chose to ignore the narrow mindedness comment... seems an odd come back out of sentiment with the title of this thread.

Oh and you can add ****ing Strictly (aka 3rd rate celebrity ego massage) and Great British Wank Off to other things I think are shit that seem to be unpopular opinions.

I've hardly ever posted on foxestalk, so feel somewhat dirty for chipping in on a thread which indulges my negative, bitter side .....that said!

I really dislike the charity three peaks challenge / London to paris bike rides / kilimanjaro ,and other middle aged endurance bollox etc etc.

I'd rather the walker / cyclist / climber manned up and just admitted they just fancy the challenge and that the charity element is incidental ( and usually a pre condition to joining an organised tour rather than any specific interest in cancer research) 

If they really fancy the charity, just quietly and modestly donate £5k on the credit card (a sum most middle aged dudes could afford at a pinch) and don't bother with the facking trek.

Unpopular view, I accept.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've hardly ever posted on foxestalk, so feel somewhat dirty for chipping in on a thread which indulges my negative, bitter side .....that said!

I really dislike the charity three peaks challenge / London to paris bike rides / kilimanjaro ,and other middle aged endurance bollox etc etc.

I'd rather the walker / cyclist / climber manned up and just admitted they just fancy the challenge and that the charity element is incidental ( and usually a pre condition to joining an organised tour rather than any specific interest in cancer research) 

If they really fancy the charity, just quietly and modestly donate £5k on the credit card (a sum most middle aged dudes could afford at a pinch) and don't bother with the facking trek.

Good username though :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Doctor Who is sh1te ....    a bint !! ...    get the Daleks back and zap the bugger ! ..   :)

This..with fvcking bells on.

Was sat with the family watching it just now and had to leave the room...it is truly appalling. How was that allowed to happen?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

This..with fvcking bells on.

Was sat with the family watching it just now and had to leave the room...it is truly appalling. How was that allowed to happen?

Its The BBC mate ...    surprised she was wasn’t a one handed lesbian with a lisp ...     :)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SystonFox said:

14 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Agree. I chose to ignore the narrow mindedness comment... seems an odd come back out of sentiment with the title of this thread.

Oh and you can add ****ing Strictly (aka 3rd rate celebrity ego massage) and Great British Wank Off to other things I think are shit that seem to be unpopular opinions.

I said it deliberately BECAUSE it was the unpopular opinions thread. 

Calling any of the groups you mentioned SHIT is clearly narrow minded considering their enormous popularity. I wasn't questioning your unpopular opinion.

There's a big difference between not liking or not appreciating these artists and saying that they are shit.

Anyway time to move on.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

I said it deliberately BECAUSE it was the unpopular opinions thread. 

Calling any of the groups you mentioned SHIT is clearly narrow minded considering their enormous popularity. I wasn't questioning your unpopular opinion.

There's a big difference between not liking or not appreciating these artists and saying that they are shit.

Anyway time to move on.

Still think they are shit!

4 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Still think they are shit!

I presume that you can make music loved by even more millions than them. Could you give me a list of your top ten musicians so that I can see what I should think is not shit. I'm guessing it might be another unpopular opinion post. :P

That young hunter in France that killed the British man on a mountain bike should NOT be victimised ...   it was an easy mistake to make.   When I went to put some petrol in my truck this morning two roe deer on a tandem cycled by ....    and as I was leaving a big red stag pulled in on his Harley Davidson ...     the b@stard didn’t have a helmet on though and I was tempted to report him ...  

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Until I read this post..I actually believed that the younger generation,could save the world!!!!

18 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

That young hunter in France that killed the British man on a mountain bike should NOT be victimised ...   it was an easy mistake to make.   When I went to put some petrol in my truck this morning two roe deer on a tandem cycled by ....    and as I was leaving a big red stag pulled in on his Harley Davidson ...     the b@stard didn’t have a helmet on though and I was tempted to report him ...  

I saw a pigeon the other day wearing a crash helmet, maybe he stole it. He certainly looked the type.

• Haha 1

On 14/10/2018 at 16:00, TaggertvsWise said:

I laughed more than I should have at this...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FIF said:

I presume that you can make music loved by even more millions than them. Could you give me a list of your top ten musicians so that I can see what I should think is not shit. I'm guessing it might be another unpopular opinion post. :P

You can think whatever you want mate. Don’t be dictated to by me ?