Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

On the pizza thing, anyone who eats one with a knife and fork needs launching into the sun. 

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nah if I go to a restaurant for a proper pizza then it deserves proper cutlery, especially if you get a runny egg on it.

My rule is if it’s already sliced or comes with a roller, hands it is, but Pizza Express etc where it’s in its original form - cutlery. 

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Harry Potter books and films are the biggest load of horseshit ever conceived.

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty unpopular opinion tbf.

I reckon the 500 million people who've bought the books might just disagree :whistle:

20 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

are you a mental case? what the **** are you doing putting a running egg on a pizza

They do that in France, literally just crack an egg over your cooked pizza

Edited by Otis

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

are you a mental case? what the **** are you doing putting a running egg on a pizza

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Most traditional pizza places serve it on at least one of their pizzas, a Florentine always has egg afaik.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

The TV show Casualty should be canned.

As a neutral, you'd think from watching what the healthcare staff do there whilst going about their duties - they're doing everything well and safely etc.

But as someone who works in the profession, have seen some mistakes on there when some of the cast dealing with patients that are questionable at times..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 14/09/2018 at 21:41, Jattdogg said:

Why do people stay in their homes during a hurricane when they've been told to evacuate? I understand if you are really old and just don't give a damn or don't have the financial means to leave. Even if you don't i'm pretty sure they are ways to get out via help from the local government etc.

Possibly because as evidenced yet again this week, the media and government overreact and often create unnecessary panic.

Similar situations apply in Australia with wildfires... the authorities can often panic and expect the same from the public.

On 11/09/2018 at 21:14, The Bear said:

They're usually fresher for a start. Mostly it's the lack of grease and better quality bread/cheese that makes them more appealing. 

I have no problem with people having loads of kids if they can afford to. It's when they claim benefits and have loads that it bugs me. There should be a limit on child benefit for those not working. After three kids you shouldn't get any higher amount. 

I think child benefit is now limited to two children?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Correct. Benefit cap has affected a lot of families who fancied having more than 2 sprogs.

I am not sure whether if it is only applicable only to new claimants and families who already have more than 2 children but then subsequently decide to have another when the cap is in the effect  or is it immediately applicable to all existing claimants?  

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Possibly because as evidenced yet again this week, the media and government overreact and often create unnecessary panic.

Similar situations apply in Australia with wildfires... the authorities can often panic and expect the same from the public.

But in areas that are 90% likely to be hit? I mean its common sense to leave.

I get it to a point if they said its going to hit NewYork but those in washington should evacuate too. 

20 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The Harry Potter books and films are the biggest load of horseshit ever conceived.

I love the books and the films.

19 hours ago, Otis said:

haha. But not very often and only on a certain type of pizza.

Unpopular opinion:

For a passionate group of Leicester supporters, a majority of FT posters don't understand football very much and don't seem to like LCFC

I feel slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY, sorry for Katie Hopkins and her debt plight.

I know she acts like a massive twat, but I think there's something a bit wrong with her and she's been encouraged by other cretins further and further down a road of idiocy that now seems to be reaching a dead end

18 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I feel slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY, sorry for Katie Hopkins and her debt plight.

I know she acts like a massive twat, but I think there's something a bit wrong with her and she's been encouraged by other cretins further and further down a road of idiocy that now seems to be reaching a dead end

I don't take any pleasure in the misfortune of others. At the same time I couldn't feel empathy towards such a person especially when it is so self-inflicted. 

(also, kudos for posting a genuine 'unpopular opinion')

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Maybe you're right that there's something wrong with her etc, but she was offered a way out on a few occasions by Monroe and responded by writing more hateful stuff about in one of her newspaper columns. 

I mean I get what you're saying, she feeds off the response she gets for her biggotted views, she gets a kick from it, but she's not an idiot, she's ran successful businesses. She knew she'd committed libel when she tweeted what she did about Monroe and even after being offered an out she carried on. For that she gets no sympathy from me, she has nobody else to blame but herself for throwing it all away.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 20:27, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty unpopular opinion tbf.

I reckon the 500 million people who've bought the books might just disagree :whistle:

499 million people bought them for someone else. Probably people they don't like much.

Not surprising that 20-60 year old blokes on a football forum aren’t hardcore Harry Potter fans really. I don’t think JK Rowling had us lot in mind as the target audience 

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, simFox said:

499 million people bought them for someone else. Probably people they don't like much.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Not surprising that 20-60 year old blokes on a football forum aren’t hardcore Harry Potter fans really. I don’t think JK Rowling had us lot in mind as the target audience 

When I was 21, my girlfriend at the time made me read The Philosopher's Stone so that I was "up to speed" for when the movie came out. She didn't last long.

• Haha 2