Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

On 20/10/2018 at 19:06, woollett the bullet said:

I had a brief fling with a lady broker who sold me a policy back in '86. . . 

She wasn't boring

(wherever you are  , you broke my heart )

I had a lady broker try to sell me a policy  back in the 80s too. 

With some regret I had to turn her down as I was already well endowed. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 4

On 21/10/2018 at 23:08, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Family Guy is full-on dogshit, not even remotely funny ever. It's just Peter Kay stand-up with shit characters

"Hey Lois remember that time I was in Star Trek?"

"Hey Lois remember that time I was Adolf Hitler?"

"Hey Lois remember that time I was Shawshank Redemption?"

HAHAHAHA REFERENCES

Agreed. 

The cartoon wars episodes were amongst the best South Park episodes ever. Their parody of Family Guy was so bang on.

Also Trey Parker and Matt Stone don't hold back on their disdain for Family Guy.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:06, Izzy Muzzett said:

But the people who sell it are :yawn:

I know quite a lot of people who sell it, but have never given it a try. Always found them to be good company to be honest for the most part.

You can consider that a 'half-bite'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Chris Kamara missing the red card really wasn’t that funny the first time, never mind the next 100 times you’ve seen it. 

Wasn't funny at all, I do hate the way some people now earn good money for actually being completely incompetent, Merson is another one, can't even pronounce players names right and that's the job he's paid to do. They even get fan worship because of it.

I can't think of another sport where this would happen. No one in Boxing, Cricket or Rugby etc would find it so amusing that reporters couldn't pronounce the names of those involved or missed key parts of the event.

Merson is a ****ing idiot but he's a semi-engaging character and is essentially employed because of his camaraderie with the other blokes on Soccer Saturday – anybody who's ever watched it when they have the "reserves" calling the games on SSN, or had to make do with BT's absolutely atrocious attempt at Saturday afternoon telly, can testify that it just isn't the same.

It's more blokes-down-the-pub type stuff than anything highbrow, he plays the clown and I don't mind him. 

Bellamy is probably Sky's best pundit in terms of insight and engagement, comes across as very switched on.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Langston said:

Merson is a ****ing idiot but he's a semi-engaging character and is essentially employed because of his camaraderie with the other blokes on Soccer Saturday – anybody who's ever watched it when they have the "reserves" calling the games on SSN, or had to make do with BT's absolutely atrocious attempt at Saturday afternoon telly, can testify that it just isn't the same.

It's more blokes-down-the-pub type stuff than anything highbrow, he plays the clown and I don't mind him. 

Bellamy is probably Sky's best pundit in terms of insight and engagement, comes across as very switched on.

I think we could do without all of them. Even more so the commentators during a game. Just give me the crowd noise and at most a commentator saying who has the ball and NOT giving me his opinion. Not interested.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think we could do without all of them. Even more so the commentators during a game. Just give me the crowd noise and at most a commentator saying who has the ball and NOT giving me his opinion. Not interested.

A commentators job should be to tell you something you wont be aware of in order to provide a greater insight to the average fan.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

A commentators job should be to tell you something you wont be aware of in order to provide a greater insight to the average fan.

FIF..I believe is like me...that the last 20+yrs,it's the bias of the commentator,the rantings of the secondary "expert"

They are so often discussing irelevant tripe,and miss quite a bit of the action!!!

There are few sensible ones...IMO a good commentator,can inform his listeners,of interesting info,old injuries,club relevances of the season.

But should not become the show...or go out point winning!!

Another asset,is pretending he is on radio,or explaining the flow,passes and movement of the game to the people who are sight impaired.I

Then it stays classic and honest!!

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Not for me.

A commentators job (for me - just so I don't seem arrogant) is to tell you accurately what is happening in the match not to give their own bias or talk about anything else. The accompanying "expert" is supposed to give you the other insight you talk about but I find it to be uninformed and personal for the most part and I'm not interested in it.

If I was live at the match I wouldn't need or have to listen to their dribble. I just want the sounds of the game. Again that's just my personal view.

On 25/10/2018 at 10:14, MattP said:

Wasn't funny at all, I do hate the way some people now earn good money for actually being completely incompetent, Merson is another one, can't even pronounce players names right and that's the job he's paid to do. They even get fan worship because of it.

I can't think of another sport where this would happen. No one in Boxing, Cricket or Rugby etc would find it so amusing that reporters couldn't pronounce the names of those involved or missed key parts of the event.

Think you're kind of missing the point of what soccer saturday is meant to be, it's not meant to be your over the top MNF analysis, just a bunch of mates talking footie. Merson's a bit of an idiot but he's a likable chap. I much prefer watching that, than having some millennials bang on about opta stats instead.

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Not for me.

A commentators job (for me - just so I don't seem arrogant) is to tell you accurately what is happening in the match not to give their own bias or talk about anything else. The accompanying "expert" is supposed to give you the other insight you talk about but I find it to be uninformed and personal for the most part and I'm not interested in it.

If I was live at the match I wouldn't need or have to listen to their dribble. I just want the sounds of the game. Again that's just my personal view.

Sorry I meant analyst over commentator so my bad although I do enjoy decent analysis, etc. Each to their own.

On 25/10/2018 at 10:10, RonnieTodger said:

Chris Kamara missing the red card really wasn’t that funny the first time, never mind the next 100 times you’ve seen it. 

I don't think he's that funny, he just makes mistakes similar to Merson. When Kamara is reporting on our games, he walks round the pitch and people actually clap him. Don't get it.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Think you're kind of missing the point of what soccer saturday is meant to be, it's not meant to be your over the top MNF analysis, just a bunch of mates talking footie. Merson's a bit of an idiot but he's a likable chap. I much prefer watching that, than having some millennials bang on about opta stats instead.

And we suppose to be the country with humour,and anything for the lads n lassies!!!

Your spot on....Sky's soccer Saturday,just ex football friends talking footy using their experience and thoughts..good bad,crazy funny,interesting

Just like a live foxestalk....I enjoy it!!! Every single one of them....Some drone said Merson gets payed,to get names right....yeh right..:crylaugh:

It's Saturday fun...with some serious reports...

No need to get haughty about it...like some do.

On 20/10/2018 at 18:39, MattP said:

There are some new Simpsons episodes that are actually quite good, "Barthood" is brilliant and they had one that was a parody of the 30 for 30 ESPN a few weeks ago I saw that was brilliant. 

Will never reach the level of S3-S11 but can be watchable.

Season 10 was where it started to go downhill.

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think he's that funny, he just makes mistakes similar to Merson. When Kamara is reporting on our games, he walks round the pitch and people actually clap him. Don't get it.

In 2005 our fans hated him coz he dissed us once

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I can't remember that, what did he say?

I’m fairly sure it was to do with the administration era? Or it may have been around the time we beat sheff United 4-2 and Ryan smith tore them a new one? Definitely remember hearing “Chris Lamar’s what a willy puller what a willy puller” for a few weeks in SK1 around 05/06

• Haha 1