Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

21 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I feel bad for this one, but Buzz Aldrin irrationality irritates me. Something about his annoying face and all his Reddit publicity stunts over recent years..

Inclined to disagree but a great post in this topic at last! Don't feel bad, it's perhaps a genuine unpopular opinion. Thank you! As an aside I feel the same about Buzz Lightyear.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

Inclined to disagree but a great post in this topic at last! Don't feel bad, it's perhaps a genuine unpopular opinion. Thank you! As an aside I feel the same about Buzz Lightyear.

272BB60A-FCAB-4882-B0EC-E95A549D895A.gif

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't find Conor McGregor that entertaining.

I find almost no juvenile bravado entertaining. I really enjoy a good boxing match or ufc bout but Tyson Fury, Conor Mcgregor, David Haye and every other wannabe Mike Tyson can get in the bin with all the pre-fight antics. 

I cracked half a smile at Fury showing up as batman but that's about it. 

Chisora is another one. Middle of the road boxer throwing furniture around for attention to compensate. Just piss off. 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I find almost no juvenile bravado entertaining. I really enjoy a good boxing match or ufc bout but Tyson Fury, Conor Mcgregor, David Haye and every other wannabe Mike Tyson can get in the bin with all the pre-fight antics. 

I cracked half a smile at Fury showing up as batman but that's about it. 

Chisora is another one. Middle of the road boxer throwing furniture around for attention to compensate. Just piss off. 

Yup.

I've no idea what makes it entertaining to folks, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Only Fools and Horses is absolutely not the best British comedy show ever as it seems to be routinely voted as. I can only assume the people voting for it are about 60 and haven’t watched any comedies since then 

I say this without trying to be biased, as a massive Cleese fan, but for me Faulty Towers is the best. I even once heard John Sullivan (creater of Only Fools) say that Faulty Towers is the absoloute line comedies aspire to reach.

But there are so many great comedies spread across the last 40 years or so. Even in more recent times; Not Going Out, Come Fly With Me and The Office are all superb.

I do love Only Fools though. It's in the top three of great comedies.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Only Fools and Horses is absolutely not the best British comedy show ever as it seems to be routinely voted as. I can only assume the people voting for it are about 60 and haven’t watched any comedies since then 

I know loads, absolutely loads of people in their twenties and thirties that love Only Fools. I've never gotten it personally, but it's appeal isn't restricted to the bracket you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But there are so many great comedies spread across the last 40 years or so. Even in more recent times; Not Going Out, Come Fly With Me and The Office are all superb.

I know comedy is subjective, people enjoy what they enjoy – but Not Going Out is just so broad. It reminds me of When the Whistle Blows in Extras, just inane, but inoffensive.

Come Fly With Me however is arguably one of the *worst* things I've watched. Just really tired takes on caricatures which seemed to be Walliams and Lucas' speciality. 

Since we're on the subject of comedies.

Slapstick, pantomime, satire, farce; from Bocaccio to Laurel & Hardy: since the ancient Greeks invented comedy we've seen it all over centuries.

So it's somewhat surprising that with all that knowledge and experience; nuanced timing and honed writing - only now we're living in an age with the MOST UNFUNNY THING EVER.

The Big Bang Theory.

It makes Adam Sandler fart jokes seem like The Dionysia – and yet, there are so, so many people who clearly find it belly-achingly funny. And I just cannot understand it.

• Like 3

Contender Conor was entertaining and had some zingers but after all the money and success, he became a parody of himself. A caricature that seems to be playing to the young, easily impressed demography he has obtained over the years. 

Amazing yet polarising fighter. Just like the greats of the sports. Athletes like Ali, Mike, MJ, Floyd... Etc, his eccentric character split groups in half. A half wants to see him back his trash talk and the other half wants to see him get humiliated but both of the groups will be watching and that's the reason he's the biggest drawl in the history of the Ufc. The man can sell fights. 

Hopefully he gets dismantled by Khabib next month. 

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Since we're on the subject of comedies.

Slapstick, pantomime, satire, farce; from Bocaccio to Laurel & Hardy: since the ancient Greeks invented comedy we've seen it all over centuries.

So it's somewhat surprising that with all that knowledge and experience; nuanced timing and honed writing - only now we're living in an age with the MOST UNFUNNY THING EVER.

The Big Bang Theory.

It makes Adam Sandler fart jokes seem like The Dionysia – and yet, there are so, so many people who clearly find it belly-achingly funny. And I just cannot understand it.

I would put Mrs Browns Boys in the same category. Not even remotely funny

Permanently removing soaps such as Coronation Street and Eastenders from television could be a good idea to make more innovative and interesting programmes.

They're soaps that even if you don't ever watch them regularly, you'll soon catch-up/predict with the latest storyline after watching just a few episodes.

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

Exactly this. Stewart Lee's sketch on Trigger falling through the bar sums it up for me.

• Like 1

I watch big bang theory and its mehh. Time filler but i just think "penny" is fckin smokin hot so i watch it to see her. I could just google search her images and get a few tissue boxes but thats costly on the tissue front.

Edited by Jattdogg