Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

29 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

Hamza Choudhury is average and will never become a regular in the Premier League. His complete lack of technical ability is largely ignored here because he came through our academy and is 'one of our own', and when he eventually drops down the pecking order here and leaves for either a Championship club or newly promoted club, their fans will be nowhere near as forgiving.

Is that you, Jurgen?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pst said:

‘Average’

Yes, he isn't that good - certainly nowhere near as good as this forum makes out. He gets hype here because he charges about and throws himself into big tackles, but when you actually look at his game it's not great. Compare him with Ndidi who is only 10 months older and it's no contest. 

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Is that you, Jurgen?

lol I have nothing against Hamza and that tackle was the most obvious yellow card decision ever. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

Yes, he isn't that good - certainly nowhere near as good as this forum makes out. He gets hype here because he charges about and throws himself into big tackles, but when you actually look at his game it's not great. Compare him with Ndidi who is only 10 months older and it's no contest. 

lol I have nothing against Hamza and that tackle was the most obvious yellow card decision ever. 

So you’d rather he didn’t charge about and throw himself into big tackles? You’d be moaning then as well.

Typical Leicester fans. Always something to complain about

11 minutes ago, Pst said:

So you’d rather he didn’t charge about and throw himself into big tackles? You’d be moaning then as well.

Typical Leicester fans. Always something to complain about

lol It's the 'Unpopular opinions you hold' thread. Get a grip.

And frankly, yes I would. He shouldn't need to. How often do you see the best holding midfielders lunging into tackles? 

On 29/10/2019 at 09:21, Milo said:

The vast majority of female comedians aren’t that funny. 

I really do try hard to find them funny. But just can’t. Whether it’s panel shows or stand up, just not very funny, and I think they get a huge quota/box ticking bye that unfunny male comedians just wouldn’t get. 

Went to a comedy gig last night, supposedly the best of the Edinburgh fringe comedians, the 2 female comedians were just awful - “fvcking periods, yeah” type of thing. The sort of thing Jo Brand was doing 20 years ago. 

(My very liberal and artsy wife agrees, by the way - after I asked her to find me 3 funny female stand ups to disprove my point)!! 

Am I a bad person? 

On 29/10/2019 at 13:37, HappyHamza said:

I find this too but I suppose men and women do often have different views so it would be genuinally interesting to find out what some of our female members think about male/female comedians. In fairness there's a lot of utter dross on the guys side too!

On 29/10/2019 at 13:43, leicsmac said:

Yeah, humour is pretty much entirely subjective.

Agreed - I don't find female comedians all that funny, I guess in my opinion the majority try to be quite 'laddish' - which isn't a bad thing but it never seems to deliver that well. It's almost like they're trying too hard to be one of the lads which ruins the whole comedy vibe. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Subway is shit

As in the sandwich place?

I think it’s fantastic myself. Lots of choice, fresh ingredients, healthy alternative to fast food and tastes great imo.

What’s so shit about it? :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I think it’s fantastic myself. Lots of choice, fresh ingredients, healthy alternative to fast food and tastes great imo.

there breakfast choice is pretty poor and that new pizza thing is not that great either same goes for the deserts etc, I think Greggs is probably a better option

The sandwich subs are not bad I agree but everything else pretty poor

8 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

Really? Subway cookies are one of the best out there imo, the new muffins are so good too, I've only tried the Cadbury's caramel one mind you. 

I can get 5 cookies from the co-op for a £1 that are better than what subway has to offer tbf plus Greggs has a much better choice

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I can get 5 cookies from the co-op for a £1 that are better than what subway has to offer tbf plus Greggs has a much better choice

Well yeah, supermarkets will have cheaper alternatives but for fast food places I mean, they're decent enough. 

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I can't wholly agree it's this, but it has descended in quality (and definitely varies on who makes your sandwich)

I will say it's frikkin expensive, mind. Feel like I was robbed blind the last time I bought a footlong, crisps and a drink.

yeah this is true. i always forget subway as an option when i'm in work, then every couple of months someone says i'm having a subway an i'm like yer, i'm in. costs about 8 quid. only wanted a sandwich an a bottle of water. 

Who goes to Subway for a cookie though?  I'm pretty keen on Subway, one foot long is just as filling as going to Burger King or Maccy D's except it's cheaper, fresher and healthier.   If I'm low on supplies I'll sometimes just stroll down and get myself 2 foot longs and that's me sorted for the day for about £12/13 which isn't bad at all for restaurant prepped food.

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Who goes to Subway for a cookie though?  I'm pretty keen on Subway, one foot long is just as filling as going to Burger King or Maccy D's except it's cheaper, fresher and healthier.   If I'm low on supplies I'll sometimes just stroll down and get myself 2 foot longs and that's me sorted for the day for about £12/13 which isn't bad at all for restaurant prepped food.

Well I said deserts someone else mentioned cookies I think there should be a better choice though as with any fast food place you normally get a good option as most people do enjoy something sweet after a savoury item. I'm not denying its not healthy or fresh its not exactly cheap either.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Well I said deserts someone else mentioned cookies I think there should be a better choice though as with any fast food place you normally get a good option as most people do enjoy something sweet after a savoury item. I'm not denying its not healthy or fresh its not exactly cheap either.

Furry muff, I scrolled quickly past most of the previous conversation.  I guess if you're after the whole shebang then yeah it's probably not the most interesting place.  I've never looked at their sweets rack and thought any of it looked inviting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

50 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

there breakfast choice is pretty poor and that new pizza thing is not that great either same goes for the deserts etc, I think Greggs is probably a better option

The sandwich subs are not bad I agree but everything else pretty poor

I like subway.

But I agree the breakfasts and pizza subs are awful. 

On 21/10/2019 at 20:59, Nalis said:

I like Burnley and Sean Dyche

In an era of image and money over substance, there is something refreshing about an unfashionable club from a meh town in the north west being an established premier league club. Of course, they would still spend money but its not like they're spending as much as someone like Bournemouth.

So do I.

Dyche used to annoy me when we were in similar positions (going for the Championship and then coming up together) but I like him now. His interviews outside of football are great to, seems a person that'd be up for a laugh.

Burnley have handled being part of Vichai's memorial, twice now, superbly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I can't wholly agree it's this, but it has descended in quality (and definitely varies on who makes your sandwich)

I will say it's frikkin expensive, mind. Feel like I was robbed blind the last time I bought a footlong, crisps and a drink.

They used to do Sub of the day for like £2 and then they added it in with a drink for £3 but they don't do any deal either nowadays. Standard cost now you're looking at £3.50. I like Subway now and then, it's different to the standard fast food places, but I wouldn't go to Subway for my tea or anything like that.