Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't think that's unpopular tbh mate. How the government are still funding the search is beyond me. 

it’s absolute madness. And they swan about the village like they are king and queen. How they have been allowed to keep their other kids is a miracle. 

On 31/10/2019 at 14:10, Stadt said:

Comedians are shit in general but female comedians tend to be worse. Comedians completely lack self-awareness now, any sort of political comedy is really unoriginal tepid stuff material. Trump and Brexit jokes have been done to death and flogging an eviscerated horse just gets worse.

I'm not even keen on Geoff Norcott but at least he has a different take to most mainstream comedy.

Katherine Ryan 😡 steals a living just talking and not being remotely funny.

Could it be that as the McCanns are both physicians, they have more leverage with the powers that be than your average Mr & Mrs Slob? They suffered an awful tragedy in 2003, but unlike other victims of such events, they've undoubtedly milked it for all it's worth ever since.

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Could it be that as the McCanns are both physicians, they have more leverage with the powers that be than your average Mr & Mrs Slob? They suffered an awful tragedy in 2003, but unlike other victims of such events, they've undoubtedly milked it for all it's worth ever since.

Milked it? 

Jeez.

On 01/11/2019 at 18:23, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

My favourite comedian is of course Dapper Laughs

Had heard of him but didn't know anything about him. Then I was invited to a mate's villa party in Ibiza, only about 10 of us there, and this geezer comes over, chatting away ten to the dozen, seemed a sound lad and then it struck me he might be some famous bloke. Turned out it was Dapper Laughs. He was embarrassing at Ibiza Rocks the next day (long story) but was nice to me so speak as you find etc.

On 02/11/2019 at 10:10, Unabomber said:

Rugby is so shit and I reckon a lot of people just pretend to like it.

Too complicated to be a proper spectator sport. Those who say "we understand the offside rule and why a penalty kick is given" are lying. No one I have ever asked about the rules have ever properly explained any of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Too complicated to be a proper spectator sport. Those who say "we understand the offside rule and why a penalty kick is given" are lying. No one I have ever asked about the rules have ever properly explained any of them.

How do the players know what to do? Whenever I’ve watched it I just either see nothing happening, close ups of weird big ears, 16 men hugging and moving very slowly while the ball is somewhere in the middle, or a fella booting the ball at the posts. Not for me thank you, I prefer Vardy putting us 2-0 up and pretending to be an eagle.

Just now, Unabomber said:

How do the players know what to do? Whenever I’ve watched it I just either see nothing happening, close ups of weird big ears, 16 men hugging and moving very slowly while the ball is somewhere in the middle, or a fella booting the ball at the posts. Not for me thank you, I prefer Vardy putting us 2-0 up and pretending to be an eagle.

Lol. It's odd that when a rugby player sores a try/conversion/penalty, they never run to their supporters and slide on their knees. None of them could fly like an eagle.

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

Maybe that's why the players never question the ref like they do in football, because they have no idea if they've broken the rules or not.

• Haha 2

It’s Melbourne Cup day here, which means we all get Tuesday off to enjoy the race day, light up the BBQ and have a few beers and bets.

I bloody love the day and think it’s one of the best public holidays in the world, however, this morning if you read social media or listen to the radio it’s fast becoming that my opinion of the day is an unpopular one. 
Or it’s still a popular one and the vocal minority or jumping up and down.

On 03/11/2019 at 19:16, Parafox said:

I stopped watching Rugby when forward passes were allowed.

On 03/11/2019 at 19:22, Parafox said:

Lol. It's odd that when a rugby player sores a try/conversion/penalty, they never run to their supporters and slide on their knees. 

Not really - much to do with having an above shoe size IQ and some degree of individuality.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s Melbourne Cup day here, which means we all get Tuesday off to enjoy the race day, light up the BBQ and have a few beers and bets.

I bloody love the day and think it’s one of the best public holidays in the world, however, this morning if you read social media or listen to the radio it’s fast becoming that my opinion of the day is an unpopular one. 

Six horses have died in the Melbourne cup since 2013

They shut down the city streets disrupting tens of thousands of people for a poxy parade.

It is still popular, but less so, and the recent reports showing the brutal treatment of ex racehorses is increasing the opposition to it.

Edit, just heard the crowd was the LOWEST since 1993

Edited by ozleicester

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Most overrated race in the racing calender as well, half of the field can't win, terrible course and potentially danger having that many runners.

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I stopped watching Rugby when forward passes were allowed.

I get what you are saying to an extent.

Too many passes are wrongly categorised as flat passes in my view and any hint of marginal forward is ruled out immediately ('flat pass' or not) which doesnt sit well with me, I mean how far will it end up going? The only benefit is that most ref are consistent with it.

I love rugby but that and restarts on the scrum are areas of the game which need fixing.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I get what you are saying to an extent.

Too many passes are wrongly categorised as flat passes in my view and any hint of marginal forward is ruled out immediately ('flat pass' or not) which doesnt sit well with me, I mean how far will it end up going? The only benefit is that most ref are consistent with it.

I love rugby but that and restarts on the scrum are areas of the game which need fixing.

I really enjoyed watching the world cup, but I have to say the amount of times a foul has been given and none of the commentators have explained or even said why its a foul annoyed me. I'm not fully down with the rules, so number of fouls given in the scrum and none of them explained what was going on 

51 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I really enjoyed watching the world cup, but I have to say the amount of times a foul has been given and none of the commentators have explained or even said why its a foul annoyed me. I'm not fully down with the rules, so number of fouls given in the scrum and none of them explained what was going on 

I was having the exact same conversation with a friend on Sunday. He said the same thing. 

I watched a couple of matches where at half time, Clive Woodward, Jonny Wilkinson and Lawrence Delaglio got a group of rugby players in the studio, got them into position and played out some of the moves and explained what was happening.

Thought it was excellent. 

Still don’t understand offside or ten minute advantage being played, though :D

And what happened to contesting for the ball in the scrum? When I was a school it was a shin-raking free for all

29 minutes ago, Milo said:

ten minute advantage being played, though

This got brought up a lot in the thread in the world cup. 

To clarify, advantage in rugby is about gain, not time. It can theoretically last for an indefinite amount of time at the referee's discretion.

This becomes particularly apparent when the offence is more or less on the try line so there's nowhere for the attacking team to really gain forward other than scoring a try. So you might go through ten or twelve phases of advantage before a stop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I was having the exact same conversation with a friend on Sunday. He said the same thing. 

I watched a couple of matches where at half time, Clive Woodward, Jonny Wilkinson and Lawrence Delaglio got a group of rugby players in the studio, got them into position and played out some of the moves and explained what was happening.

Thought it was excellent. 

Still don’t understand offside or ten minute advantage being played, though :D

And what happened to contesting for the ball in the scrum? When I was a school it was a shin-raking free for all

A lot of people watching the world cup would be those, like me, who aren't avid fans but enjoy watching the game. So I did get a bit confused, especially when the commentators then disagree with the decision making.

• Like 1