Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

BBC Sport's media bias towards Manchester United including all forms of articles on players, transfer or Salford city. There are more club to report on! 

The same can be said for sky sports and Liverpool imo. They’re in love with that club

• Like 2

On 05/09/2019 at 04:42, foxile5 said:

Television and the media should have a real vetting process in terms of content. 

Sticky notion, but shit like TOWIE and Gemma Collins are playing a huge role in dumbing down society and sedating people's desire for progress. 

You only have to look at the impact Big Blue Planet has to see the effect television can have. It should be illegal to watch a fat, talentless hog crying because her vapid life is so empty that's all there is to do. 

Out of the mainstream media in our country television is the most regulated of the lot. I’m biased, I work in the industry, and I can’t get anything to air without it being complied by umpteen lawyers first. Some of the the content is questionable I agree, but the printed press has always been the biggest culprit for affecting the populace. Barely regulated, polemicising and dangerous.

If you’re looking for the “dumbing down” of a generation, I’d look no further than YouTube and Instagram “influencers” as the source of the problem. Some of them make the likes of Gemma Collins look like Noam Chomsky.

Edited by RoboFox

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The rugby tannoy at St James Park keeps encouraging fans to scream or playing the start of a song to get the crowd going, and it's cringey af 

It happens a lot at club rugby, they play the start of Mighty Quinn at Harlequins sporadically to get the crowd singing.

On 05/09/2019 at 21:22, Silebyfox_89 said:

BBC Sport's media bias towards Manchester United including all forms of articles on players, transfer or Salford city. There are more club to report on! 

On 05/09/2019 at 23:00, SystonFox said:

The same can be said for sky sports and Liverpool imo. They’re in love with that club

They're selling a product. 

Football fans (including us) are prissy little sensitive bitches. We all like a cry if people aren't talking about us or aren't being nice about us. 

There's more United and Liverpool fans than any other club. It's just simple maths. They keep that lot happy, they're off to a good start being a valuable media platform. 

• Like 2

On 05/09/2019 at 03:42, foxile5 said:

Television and the media should have a real vetting process in terms of content. 

Sticky notion, but shit like TOWIE and Gemma Collins are playing a huge role in dumbing down society and sedating people's desire for progress. 

You only have to look at the impact Big Blue Planet has to see the effect television can have. It should be illegal to watch a fat, talentless hog crying because her vapid life is so empty that's all there is to do. 

Genuinely think there's something in this. There are things that don't particularly interest me, say I don't know, golf but I get why people would be. I've watched some of that stuff you mention and I honestly can't process the thought of how people actively go out of their way to watch it.

On 05/09/2019 at 23:00, SystonFox said:

I don't think I can watch Liverpool or Spurs on BT this season if it's still McManaman or Jenas. It's like fanzone but irritatingly they both kept winning. Insufferable.

On 05/09/2019 at 03:42, foxile5 said:

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Genuinely think there's something in this. There are things that don't particularly interest me, say I don't know, golf but I get why people would be. I've watched some of that stuff you mention and I honestly can't process the thought of how people actively go out of their way to watch it.

It's worrying isn't it?
People sitting there all day seeing about how these people are rich and successful for, well being dumb. It's hardly going to make you want to sit up and work harder in school or at work is it? 

Blue Planet is a great example, the amount of campaigns or viral things around campaigning for looking after the world is brilliant. Admittedly hard workers aren't always rewarded, but the vast majority of times, the hard workers get rewarded for their graft.

The sad thing is people don't realise until it's too late or simply begin blaming others for their lack of success. But, the million dollar question is, how do you inspire people who idolise those who do little to nothing?

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

Choudury isn't a very good defensive midfielder.

Too rash an aggressive to protect a backline so he's better playing in a box to box role. 

For me, he's what FM calls a ball winning midfielder. He's much more like Kante (in style, not ability) than Ndidi. 

Ndidi is a bit more structured in his play. He shields the back four far more. Choudhary is a ball seeking missile with no impulse control. 

I think he's great against slower more ponderous sides whose midfielders like having freedom and time on the ball, he's a menace. Especially the like of Arsenal who don't actually have a very gifted center midfield atm. 

In a more open game that requires him to hold shape, especially in a two man central midfield, I think he's a bit of a liability. 

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

For me, he's what FM calls a ball winning midfielder. He's much more like Kante (in style, not ability) than Ndidi. 

Ndidi is a bit more structured in his play. He shields the back four far more. Choudhary is a ball seeking missile with no impulse control. 

I think he's great against slower more ponderous sides whose midfielders like having freedom and time on the ball, he's a menace. Especially the like of Arsenal who don't actually have a very gifted center midfield atm. 

In a more open game that requires him to hold shape, especially in a two man central midfield, I think he's a bit of a liability. 

I don't like using FM terms outside of the SI forum but sometimes they're too useful not to. He's so aggressive he's like a BWM on attack duty lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They're selling a product. 

Football fans (including us) are prissy little sensitive bitches. We all like a cry if people aren't talking about us or aren't being nice about us. 

There's more United and Liverpool fans than any other club. It's just simple maths. They keep that lot happy, they're off to a good start being a valuable media platform. 

This absolutely but it's been disappointing how the BBC Sport website descended into clickbait from a very thorough source of info.  

51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This absolutely but it's been disappointing how the BBC Sport website descended into clickbait from a very thorough source of info.  

I agree but it's the same logic. You need to remember that there's adverts on the BBC website if you're not in the UK and a lot of people around the world are going to look at BBC for UK football news. 

They're competing with sky and the sun and mirror etc for clicks just like everywhere else. 

I agree it's shit and very disappointing but sadly I get why even though I hate it. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I don't like using FM terms outside of the SI forum but sometimes they're too useful not to. He's so aggressive he's like a BWM on attack duty lol 

Yeah I know what you mean. I find myself using fm position terms a lot and trying to avoid doing so or using synonyms. I caught myself almost writing "strata" in a tactics post on here the other day. lol

Tbf FM uses as close to real position names as they can, even mezzala and treq etc are common footballing terms just not in this country. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Totally this.

PS If I make a joke on Twitter about a club, just maybe having a light pop, apparently I'm trying to create a rivalry that isn't there.

Derby and especially NOTTS forest fans get the most worked up.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I agree but it's the same logic. You need to remember that there's adverts on the BBC website if you're not in the UK and a lot of people around the world are going to look at BBC for UK football news. 

They're competing with sky and the sun and mirror etc for clicks just like everywhere else. 

I agree it's shit and very disappointing but sadly I get why even though I hate 

But their not competing they dont have advertising so they dont need to drive traffic to raise revenue. The Story of Bobby Duncan leaving Liverpool to jion Fiorentina with Ghezzal jioning them tagged on the end on the Leicester news feed its not like the costs of having the two storys seperate would make any odds its just laziness why the f do they think the average fan gives a toss about a teenager from a different club going out on loan.