Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I still think we're going to finish top 8. Am I mad?

2 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

Sorry if this has been asked. Big if - but Chelsea finish 4th, Liverpool win CL does 8th get Europa league? 

Nope. Only 7 European spots allocated for English clubs. If Liverpool won the champions league and Chelsea finished 4th, Chelsea wouldn't be in the Champions League. 

Edited by Ian Nacho

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Nope. Only 7 European spots allocated for English clubs. If Liverpool won the champions league and Chelsea finished 4th, Chelsea wouldn't be in the Champions League. 

I thought it was top 4 plus CL winner( if applicable) as this year into the CL and then two clubs would go into the Europa .

2 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

I thought it was top 4 plus CL winner( if applicable) as this year into the CL and then two clubs would go into the Europa .

When Chelsea won the Champions League a few years ago they finished outside the top 4 and spurs, who were 4th didn't qualify for the Champions League. Similarly, last year when Man Utd won the Europa League, their Europa League spot which they finished in was just converted into a a Champions League place. 

On 06/05/2018 at 08:17, Col city fan said:

The only plus point about our demise is that it’s looking like we won’t have to suffer this bloody thread much longer.

I’m not sure I could have taken FIF gloating  over how ‘he was correct’ if we had finished 8th as if it was anything to be proud of.

I actually hope we don’t now.

That's sad man.

Still after we beat Spurs on Sunday and Everton draw, we'll be 8th and you can bow down to my perfect knowledge. :D

On 17/09/2017 at 09:26, FIF said:

I've read the doom and gloom throughout the boards this week and throughout the start to the season but from what I've seen I still think we're going to finish top 8.

What have I seen?

I've watched a fair few games and I've seen 3 very good teams and 3 good teams with flaws, then I've seen a lot of average teams and some very poor teams. Overall I've been impressed with Leicester - yes we only have 4 points from 5 games (relegation numbers) but we've actually looked good (a lot of the time) Arsenal, we should have beaten and our play was at least as good as theirs, Manure were better than us, but we put up a good show, Chelsea were better than us but not by as much as I'd expected. Brighton were well below us and Huddersfield out worked us in the first half (our most disappointing 45 of the season so far) but they were lucky to hold on in the second half (at least until we took Vardy off).

Our team. Kasper is solid to good, top 8 team keeper. Fuchs has played much better than I predicted and simpson is his consistent self ( I'd like an upgrade and think we need it  - hello Sagne - but he's good enough as a weak link in the team). Maguire has been exceptional (even if he does occassionally get beaten), he's young and progressing. Wes has done better than I expected but clearly Huth is the man to play alongside Maguire to handle the bullies like Depoitre. Ndidi is looking good but he's young will make the odd mistake whilst he continues to learn. James started the season well but we were exposed yesterday when King had to replace him, we really missed the one touch king danny drinkwater but hopefully Iborra and Silva can strengthen our midfield or we can move to a central 3. Albrighton started great on the wing but he has disappeared in the last 2 games  - not sure why - Mahrez has looked great and average but the fact we have him until at least January reinforces my belief that we can do well. Vardy has been spectacular, great effort and goals - the easy tap in yesterday and we'd be laughing. Okazaki was stupendous in the first 2 games but he really shouldn't be our level for starter. Iheanacho looks the real thing and if he can stay fit he can build a great partnership with Vards.

To make 8th we probably need fifty something points. We can do that. Ignore the top 6. Home wins against everyone else (39pts) draws away against everyone else (13pts). What we don't make from that we pick up at home against the top 6. 8th place. Job Done.

Am I crazy?

Not Crazy just a little bit out...!

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

FiF you was far from mad. Sixth was not impossible. And no it was not beyond Puel. Our players have proved today it was possible. But they gave up. People need to stop blaming Puel. It's the players not CR not Shakey and not Puel.

Some of them won the league but they can't dine on it forever. Grow up and play fecking football like we know you can.

Personally the last two games the players have shown what they are.

Grow up or feck off.

Bit of a simplistic view, so you don't think a manager make much of a difference? 

On 10/05/2018 at 13:56, FIF said:

That's sad man.

Still after we beat Spurs on Sunday and Everton draw, we'll be 8th and you can bow down to my perfect knowledge. :D

Col must have been shitting his knickers when we went 1-3 up. 8th was ours.

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bit of a simplistic view, so you don't think a manager make much of a difference? 

Of course he doesn't think that. He's saying that lazy players who can't be arsed because they're throwing a mardy on the pitch affect games more.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Of course he doesn't think that. He's saying that lazy players who can't be arsed because they're throwing a mardy on the pitch affect games more.

That's my point, good managers motivate them, or move them on. 

For me Puel lost a few when Mahrez returned, it was too easy for him to walk back into the side, sent the wrong message to the players.

A manager need to be a leader, Pearson for all his faults was very good a leading the club and squad.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Far from it don't try to make out what I've said into a simple argument. Today was great arsenal was great. Today was so make shift it was un true. Have they shown that spirit for four months? No

Did they show it for Shakey this season? No

Did they show it for CR Last season? No.

They need to grow up we can't keep sacking managers for them. We will go down. I'm not saying Puels the answer but keep sacking managers is far from the answer.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That's my point, good managers motivate them, or move them on. 

Thats my point. But our owners have booted two managers for this reason. Puel or any manager cant do it without backing. Our owners have not done that. They've backed the players.

our season went down the pan because of the players. They proved that this week.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Far from it don't try to make out what I've said into a simple argument. Today was great arsenal was great. Today was so make shift it was un true. Have they shown that spirit for four months? No

Did they show it for Shakey this season? No

Did they show it for CR Last season? No.

They need to grow up we can't keep sacking managers for them. We will go down. I'm not saying Puels the answer but keep sacking managers is far from the answer.

I would agrue that neither today or Arsenal was great, better but not great. Against Arsenal we were playing a team that is the only team out of the 92 league teams not to have taken a point away from home in 2018.

Against Spurs we concided some very average goals, that would grace Sunday league.

I think the last 2 games are due to Puel taking the handbrake of because he has nothing to lose.

It's more then just lazy players, we have a poor squad that need major surgery.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Thats my point. But our owners have booted two managers for this reason. Puel or any manager cant do it without backing. Our owners have not done that. They've backed the players.

our season went down the pan because of the players. They proved that this week.

I don't have a clue on who the owner back, but if they undermine the manager it their fault not the players.

However they need to back the right manager, I'm not sure that Puel or not.

I still think the way the club handle the Mahrez issue undermined everything, he shouldn't have just walked back in. 

Let be honest, Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs should be moved on and replaced, due to football reasons. Mahrez will more than likely move on, that leave really only Kasper, Vardy, James and Kingy if he comeback. The dressroom dynamics will change alot