Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

Running a Half Marathon

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Yeah im doing it as a keen runner and do so regulary. With no football on yesterday i timed myself doing 13 miles yesterday and did 2hr 10mins but im paying for it today. Dream would be to go sub 2hr and hopefully as its a fairly flat route i might just do it 🤞

Nice one!

I did sub 2 hours at Notts half but that was 7 years ago.. I'd be over the moon with 2 hours 10 this time.

Best of luck at reaching your target time :appl:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Upto about 9 miles with a 65 minute run this morning  ready for the half marathon  at the end of the month.

No way will be able to push my PB of 1.49, will just be happy to get through without crying!

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 14:06, Raj said:

Upto about 9 miles with a 65 minute run this morning  ready for the half marathon  at the end of the month.

No way will be able to push my PB of 1.49, will just be happy to get through without crying!

If you ran 9 miles in 65 minutes then you are going to run a half in just over 1.5 hours.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If you ran 9 miles in 65 minutes then you are going to run a half in just over 1.5 hours.

🤣🤣🤣 then I've proper fecked up on my timings and route planner!!!

• Haha 1

Thinking of getting back into running after a break of 5+ years. Right now a 5k feels like a slog I know I just need to get back into the habit. 

any good tips for getting started again?

2 hours ago, Monk said:

Thinking of getting back into running after a break of 5+ years. Right now a 5k feels like a slog I know I just need to get back into the habit. 

On your marks…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monk said:

Take it easy, build it up slowly and try and enjoy it

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 23:14, KrefelderFox666 said:

Bloody liar!!! Making yourself sound like Mo Farah

No cheating this time!

Just done 9 miles in 1 hour  26 mins.

Is that sub 2 hrs?

Nipples are red raw, gonna have a shower and do feck all for the rest of the day!!!

Might listen to us  put 8 passed Bournemouth!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Raj said:

No cheating this time!

Just done 9 miles in 1 hour  26 mins.

Is that sub 2 hrs?

Nipples are red raw, gonna have a shower and do feck all for the rest of the day!!!

Might listen to us  put 8 passed Bournemouth!

Well done. I think it brings you to just over two hours. Maybe 02:05ish. You'll get there!!!

33 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Well done. I think it brings you to just over two hours. Maybe 02:05ish. You'll get there!!!

Yep long gone is my PB of 1.49!!!

Screenshot_20221008-124118_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, BeardyFox said:

10.07 miles this morning in 1hr 39. Last big run before the half in two weeks. Looks like I’m going to be over my 2hr target, though not had the best prep this week. 
Had my pack in the post yesterday!

Im hoping to do sub 2hrs in it but it will be extremely tight if i do. Flattish route will help and how i feel on the day. Im just doing 3k runs every 2-3 days now in preperation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Im hoping to do sub 2hrs in it but it will be extremely tight if i do. Flattish route will help and how i feel on the day. Im just doing 3k runs every 2-3 days now in preperation.

I put in a couple of mild hills towards the end which was a killer. Yeah think a few short slow runs with the odd quick mixed in from here. 

• Like 1

Entered today after a 1hr 52m 20k this morning - still think it’s gonna be tight for sun 2hrs. As everything went right today. 

I had a disaster last week over 18k. 

Couple of 10k in the next two weeks and then tick over with 5k to 7ks - bit prioritise one of those with some hills 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Good luck everyone this morning. Ideal conditions but I’m nervous as fcuk. First ever race but I’ll heartbroken if on my third attempt I can’t get it in two hours 

Good luck mate.

I've tweaked my calf on wednesday so will be really struggling.

Just hope I can finish it preferably  under 2 hours if possible.

Horrible feeling having to run with an injury...