Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

A club in crisis

48 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

I'm worried that no one in the club seems to be taking the situation very seriously.

I agree we are a club in Crisis and in freefall.

Will it take fans to intervene,  like on  30 March 1996 vs Sheffield United, (when the fans were calling for MONs head on a plate)...before we turn this around?

And he never forgave us.

I was ashamed of the fans that day.

9 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Probably true. We'll probably end up with Pearson back because we've haven't even got a clue how to scout a manager or a DOF.

The owners took credit for the good times so if they're not going to attempt big changes they need to be held accountable for this fiasco.

I feel like there's absolutely no strong characters at the club whatsoever. No leaders. That's why things will get out of control.

Its like going back to an ex

2 Wins away from 24 matches, and lets face it one of those at West Ham last season was exremely fortunate, 2 wins the in last 11 in the Premier League. When teams like palace, Burnley, newcastle, Watford can pick up points against the potential top 6 its no excuse, the midfield situation is a complete and utter embarrasment and if it wasnt for the medias man Utd, Arsenal etc obsession im sure Leicester would be highlighted much more. Who realistically thinks we will beat Swansea? ive not expected to win a away game since the opening day of last season when we lost to Hull. 

22 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The owners took credit for the good times so if they're not going to attempt big changes they need to be held accountable for this fiasco.

Agree with this. Someone needs to grab the bull by the horns and sort this shite out. Rudkin needs to go, as an example if nothing else, at the moment incompetence is tolerated here. 

there needs to be a board meeting quite soon to determine how the club and the team moves forward in the next couple of years and people need to bring ideas on who we bring in to the club, who might be leaving and how the team and the club progress. Shaky has had his chance at the helm and it just isn't working out how anyone would have hoped so all parties need to agree to a new way forward before the club comes under pressure as the tension and the situation might get worse.

Time for Leicester  to start poaching other high profile directors and higher ups instead of letting ours go. 

Our vision should be top 10 and a certain style of play. We either continue to work 3-5-2 counter  or we move on to more possession based football. I think we have to a point tried to make our team better but seems as though we bought to buy and not to service a definitive game plan.

I love shakey (no homo) but i think he is much better off as a coach (or beer buddy) for us.. rudkin needs to go.

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

I think a lot of folk get carried away with 2 years ago. Leicester City is a club that has always been a relegation club. Struggling in the top flight but too good for the second division of the league. Its a club that has probably won promotion to the top flight more than any other. So the current position in a relegation dogfight isn't exactly new territory. What is is the highly paid professional players getting paid two to three times the money they were for the same dogfight position of three years ago.

That is the unsustainable part and where the club is severely underperforming. We are playing like a £25k a week team with lots of £100k a week players. That is an issue that can be rested squarely with recruitment policy and team management.

It's hard to stomach that bit, that we've gone to a £25k a week team on £100k a week from playing like a £100k a week on £25k.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

We do need a clear out. I remember thinking that we were one of the only clubs that seemed to know what they are doing, recruitment was spot-on and we were smoothly run, making teams like West Ham look like a joke. Now I am not really sure what is good about the club at the moment. I'm just waiting for the inevitable scandal. 

Spot on. We've gone from a lean, smoothly run outfit to a fat, confused set up. We look disjointed on and off the pitch.

2 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Jesus guys. I know it's not been brilliant, but rotten from top to bottom? Relegation is certain?

I'm sure most of us didn't choose to be Leicester fans – and ended up here purely by where we, or our family, are from – but I wouldn't have it any other way. The roller coaster experience is far better than, say, feeling constantly angry at "only" finishing fourth (Arsenal), deluding ourselves that "this is our year" (Liverpool), or winning the league and moaning because we "never win it twice in a row" (Man City). Never mind supporting a team from a city you've never visited (ManU). 

Look, we did something amazing as a club – probably the biggest upset in world sport ever, anywhere. Wear that badge proud. The term "doing a Leicester" is now used everywhere. Heard it on an NFL commentary just the other week – even the Yanks know who we are. And they think Canada is in Africa. 

Sure, it's been frustrating since the title, but what did you expect? That we'd somehow become a top four club? I'm not saying that we shouldn't be allowed to worry or criticise the club, team, manager or players – but I really don't see us being a club in crisis, or in need of a "huge clearout". It's merely the way it's always been at this club. 

So lighten up, look forward to the next massive fek up we are heading for (Adrien Silva should definitely wear the number 14 for us, that sh•t was funny), give a wry smile and enjoy it. 

Why? Well because you're a Leicester fan. And you should know how this all works – ie. it doesn't. 

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spot on.

I don't think it's spot on at all.

How I see it, we've gone from the strongest position our club has ever been in, with a real chance to play good football season in, season out  (I'm not suggesting top four, at all..simply a strong Premiership outfit), to being in the bottom three all over again.

I don't see that as funny or twee...or even 'typical Leicester'.

We had the chance to continue being 'atypical' Leicester. And through apathy off the field of play, together with some awful signings on it, we've become a bit of an unfunny, joke. 

Which I think is a bloody shame. I'd love to be watching us playing some attractive football again.

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don't think it's spot on at all.

How I see it, we've gone from the strongest position our club has ever been in, with a real chance to play good football season in, season out  (I'm not suggesting top four, at all..simply a strong Premiership outfit), to being in the bottom three all over again.

I don't see that as funny or twee...or even 'typical Leicester'.

We had the chance to continue being 'atypical' Leicester. And through apathy off the field of play, together with some awful signings on it, we've become a bit of an unfunny, joke. 

Which I think is a bloody shame. I'd love to be watching us playing some attractive football again.

I think there's some truth in it and I'm not for one second saying I'd turn my back on LCFC because of what we are, but I'm just not comfortable with acceptance of underperformance and absolutely detest this mentality of "you are where you belong". Totally undermines the sport for me.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

And he never forgave us.

I was ashamed of the fans that day.

Although I wasn't one who protested, and felt sad that MON felt bitter about the fans for a few years after... I think he has forgiven us , as he knows it was a vocal minority, and after we all pleaded with him to stay with the Martin Don't Go appeal when he considered moving to Leeds. But he definately said he would "never forget".

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think there's some truth in it and I'm not for one second saying I'd turn my back on LCFC because of what we are, but I'm just not comfortable with acceptance of underperformance and absolutely detest this mentality of "you are where you belong". Totally undermines the sport for me.

Call it what it is mate.

It's an excuse.

Some people will find salvation in making excuses  (you see it throughout life). 

To go from where we were to where we are now, is a real shame.

Vichie and Top nowhere to be seen, last night, maybe to windy for the helecopter, and couldn't be arsed for a round 4 hour road trip. Think the whole club, owners,management,players and big section of fans too complacent. Time to forget title win, become vocal and turn on anybody who's not performing but happy to ride on the gravy train.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:38, ultrafox said:

I'm worried that no one in the club seems to be taking the situation very seriously.

I agree we are a club in Crisis and in freefall.

Will it take fans to intervene,  like on  30 March 1996 vs Sheffield United, (when the fans were calling for MONs head on a plate)...before we turn this around?

And what a great call that was by the fans.

As I remember the board rightly ignored the dumb fvcks that day.

Archived