Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

A club in crisis

15 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No, we're in the bottom 3 because we haven't played well enough to be anywhere else.

None of those teams are unbeatable, even when we were crap last season we beat Liverpool and drew with Arsenal. But we've barely competed in some of them, at least we haven't until the game has already gone.

You're excuses for the other games are unbelievable - they 'will be going for it early' lol

Why aren't we going for it early? That's the problem, we have been massively off the pace and teams with less resources than us and less experience in this league are outplaying us.

And we can't expect to play well against West Brom because we have a bad record against them? You actually think that counts for something? lol You sound like a 10 year old.

What those games proved is the opposition doesn't matter, we are approaching matches terribly and being punished for it, and we only seem to wake up once we're behind, sometimes by 2 goals.

What you going to moan about if we win today?

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No, again you're wrong, and not reading. This has nothing to do with success, nothing to do with league titles.

This is about the basic level and quality of football this club should expect. No club should be subjected to some of the awful football we've watched in the last 12 months, let alone one with 30,000 fans a match and a great following away.

I couldn't care less if you hate me, you haven't come up with one reasonable answer to my questions or remotely intelligent reasoning as to why we should be happy with what we've witnessed since we won the title.

You will never be happy!

You didnt enjoy the champions league quarter final then?

I've enjoyed many aspects of every season, since Pearson resurrected us. I dont think this season will be any different.

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No, again you're wrong, and not reading. This has nothing to do with success, nothing to do with league titles.

This is about the basic level and quality of football this club should expect. No club should be subjected to some of the awful football we've watched in the last 12 months, let alone one with 30,000 fans a match and a great following away.

I couldn't care less if you hate me, you haven't come up with one reasonable answer to my questions or remotely intelligent reasoning as to why we should be happy with what we've witnessed since we won the title.

Well I'm not happy, yes we won the title but we haven't moved forward in fact we have moved backwards in my opinion and yes I think we area club in crisis and im not sure how we get out of the situation that we are in, I do think that the players we have are not worth 100k a week and some are on that however football is all about money and it has ruined the game Tbh but it will never change. 

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

100%

I definitely see him as a consultant. He'll be advising.

I hope he's doing at least that. Given the lack of football nous within the higher echelons at our club at the moment it would be criminal negligence if we didn't make use of Pearson's know-how in this situation.

All this pointless debate about entitlement and expectations.

All that matters is what the owners of the club think about the performance returns on their massive investments in the squad. Quite simply not good enough for one reason or another.

Some people still seem to be judging what is expected from the levels of spending on Elvis Hammond and Graham Fenton.

6 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Well I'm not happy, yes we won the title but we haven't moved forward in fact we have moved backwards in my opinion and yes I think we area club in crisis and im not sure how we get out of the situation that we are in, I do think that the players we have are not worth 100k a week and some are on that however football is all about money and it has ruined the game Tbh but it will never change. 

Well go and play golf then.

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

All that matters is what the owners of the club think about the performance returns on their massive investments in the squad. Quite simply not good enough for one reason or another.

Some people still seem to be judging what is expected from the levels of spending on Elvis Hammond and Graham Fenton.

If what we think is not important at all, what are you doing on a football forum on a saturday morning?

17 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

All that matters is that it's staurday morning on a matchday and their should be a spring in your step and an air of optimism that we can win, not a fvckin excuse to lay down grievances about the last 14 moths of football.

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You will never be happy!

You didnt enjoy the champions league quarter final then?

I've enjoyed many aspects of every season, since Pearson resurrected us. I dont think this season will be any different.

What could you have possibly enjoyed this season. It's been an embarrassing shit show from the recruitment to the on field performances to the off field shenanigans. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

All that matters is that it's staurday morning on a matchday and their should be a spring in your step and an air of optimism that we can win, not a fvckin excuse to lay down grievances about the last 14 moths of football.

Yep its Staurday and forget about the 14 moths .... makes perfect sense to me.

Might be the way forward.

14 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

What could you have possibly enjoyed this season. It's been an embarrassing shit show from the recruitment to the on field performances to the off field shenanigans. 

I haven't said ive enjoyed this season yet, but since you asked. I did enjoy the second half against Liverpool in the league cup. Brighton was a decent game and i thought we were alright against the baggies. Of the 10 games ive watched, that equates to 25% enjoyment.

32 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

59eb1a5728663_14moths.jpg.9d5940548aaf4f843eb0e73002b5c00d.jpg

I don't agree that we're in crisis but there's an after the Lord Mayors show about us right now.

Something similar to the start of the 00s. A frenzy of success followed by an inevitable comedown.

It might be why managers are reluctant to join us. Thinking how could they possibly live up to 2015/16. Do they want to be a Souness/Moyes figure followiing in the footsteps of legends. Peter Taylor after O'Neill of course to look closer to home.

It's disappointing where we find ourselves right now but let's be fair who wouldn't have accepted something like this as we got closer and closer to the promised land.

It would be far worse if we were like the nearly men of the league like Newcastle 1996, Liverpool 2014 or Spurs of the last 2 seasons.

On gaining promotion in 2014 the immediate goal for me was to equal or better the 6 seasons we had in the top flight from 96-02. That still remains regardless of whats happened. I'm confident we'll get there.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

We're in the bottom 3 because we've played Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool and then 2 other games away from home against teams that will be going for it early in the season plus another one on a monday night, which we've never beaten at home for 23 years (24 now).

Hmmm, I think you're papering over the cracks, making excuses, I was until the Chelsea and Liverpool game then I cracked and was pissed off, let's break it down.

• Arsenal - We threw it away, simple as that, but i'm guessing from your statement above you're one of the fans who sees those games as a 'free hit' so it doesn't matter if we lose? That said I was impressed how we played, thought we had alot of positives to take from it apart from the throwing it away issue quite an important one may I add.
  • Brighton - We won, that's all that matters, if you want to look deeper we were pretty shit, we won because Brighton we even worse but we won, who cares?!
  • Man Utd - Though we defended pretty well for 70 minutes, but it was only a matter of time till we caved in, it was pure defending, thought on another day we could have got a draw but we were never going to win, we didn't even try to attack, Man Utd were pretty poor aswell, but you can only beat, draw, lose against what's put in front of you.
  • Chelsea - We were awful, Chelsea weren't much better, again another day we could have drew that match but another day Chelsea could have had a riot.
  • Hudderfield - I heard we were shit, with what went before that was enough to convince me not to even bother seeing any highlights.
  • Liverpool - Another case of being awful, but the opposition not being much better, unforgivable mistakes made.
  • Bournemouth - :yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • West Brom - Well I quite confidently predicted a 0-0, it was a game consisting of the 2 most boring teams in the league, it turned out to be 1-1 but West Brom are the most boring team in the league, we outbored them.

Ok so we knew we had a tough start but it doesn't excuse anything, especially throwing it away v Arsenal and showing no attack intent v Man Utd, but like I said we knew we had a tough start which made it imperative we played well and won (Won more than we did anyway) the games v Brighton, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and West Brom.

As for what playing on a Monday night has to do with anything I don't know.

23 hours ago, reynard said:

Not a crisis? Looking for our third manager in 12 months, players disenchanted with the latest sacking, only 1 win in 8, dreadful standards of play, Mahrez sulking because he couldn't get a move, Silva dispirited by his new club's incompetence to get his transfer done in time, countless millions wasted in the transfer market, Vardy clearly putting the club on notice with his article about wanting to win more trophies, incompetetent recruitment.

no not a crisis but pretty bleak.

There we are, now the 13th best side in the country. Only lost to 'big 6' teams so far. Last 16  of the cup. We have issues but we are NOT IN CRISIS!

1 hour ago, fox in the sox said:

There we are, now the 13th best side in the country. Only lost to 'big 6' teams so far. Last 16  of the cup. We have issues but we are NOT IN CRISIS!

Which is why I said not a crisis. But let's not pretend everything in the garden is rosy right now . It clearly isn't or we wouldn't be looking for our third different manager in a year. As you say we have issues and they are significant.

Archived