Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

A club in crisis

Before you all think im going over the top here this is why i think Leicester are a club in crisis,

can you think of a football club that has regressed as much as Leicester in the past 2 seasons, perhaps only Sunderland. Since winning the title we have pretty much wasted 150m on useless squad players, a shamboilic scouting network since the bargain buys of a few years ago. An incompetent director of football, a tactically clueless coach as manager and a wage bill higher then Dortmund & Atletico Madrid's.

But since we are little old Leicester we are just supposed to sit back and accept that will just slip back to mediocrity, relegation will almost certainly happen within 5 years. The opportunity wasted in 2016 to really progress in unforgiveable and i really do worry for what the future has in store because next summer any quality players we have will potentially be sold! 

We do need a clear out. I remember thinking that we were one of the only clubs that seemed to know what they are doing, recruitment was spot-on and we were smoothly run, making teams like West Ham look like a joke. Now I am not really sure what is good about the club at the moment. I'm just waiting for the inevitable scandal. 

I'm worried that no one in the club seems to be taking the situation very seriously.

I agree we are a club in Crisis and in freefall.

Will it take fans to intervene,  like on  30 March 1996 vs Sheffield United, (when the fans were calling for MONs head on a plate)...before we turn this around?

When I read the title I thought it was an overreaction but read your post and you’re right, sadly.

Not every signing can be a world beater but we are currently at a 1/5 ratio and whilst it’s early days this season for only Maguire to look like a nailed on starter isn’t good enough,

Something has gone terribly wrong at this club since we won the title and for all the money spent the team is much worse. The Silva fiasco completely sums up how incompetent we have become off the pitch as well as off it,

Success: Ndidi, Maguire

Jurys’ Out: Ihenacho, Iborra, Slim 

Oh Dear: Mendy, Kaspustka, Musa, Hernandez, 

We should have used 15/16 as a base to establish ourselves as a top 8 side. We had CL football to offer and money to spend. What’s happened since has been nothing short of a disaster 

Jesus guys. I know it's not been brilliant, but rotten from top to bottom? Relegation is certain?

I'm sure most of us didn't choose to be Leicester fans – and ended up here purely by where we, or our family, are from – but I wouldn't have it any other way. The roller coaster experience is far better than, say, feeling constantly angry at "only" finishing fourth (Arsenal), deluding ourselves that "this is our year" (Liverpool), or winning the league and moaning because we "never win it twice in a row" (Man City). Never mind supporting a team from a city you've never visited (ManU). 

Look, we did something amazing as a club – probably the biggest upset in world sport ever, anywhere. Wear that badge proud. The term "doing a Leicester" is now used everywhere. Heard it on an NFL commentary just the other week – even the Yanks know who we are. And they think Canada is in Africa. 

Sure, it's been frustrating since the title, but what did you expect? That we'd somehow become a top four club? I'm not saying that we shouldn't be allowed to worry or criticise the club, team, manager or players – but I really don't see us being a club in crisis, or in need of a "huge clearout". It's merely the way it's always been at this club. 

So lighten up, look forward to the next massive fek up we are heading for (Adrien Silva should definitely wear the number 14 for us, that sh•t was funny), give a wry smile and enjoy it. 

Why? Well because you're a Leicester fan. And you should know how this all works – ie. it doesn't. 

I think a lot of folk get carried away with 2 years ago. Leicester City is a club that has always been a relegation club. Struggling in the top flight but too good for the second division of the league. Its a club that has probably won promotion to the top flight more than any other. So the current position in a relegation dogfight isn't exactly new territory. What is is the highly paid professional players getting paid two to three times the money they were for the same dogfight position of three years ago.

That is the unsustainable part and where the club is severely underperforming. We are playing like a £25k a week team with lots of £100k a week players. That is an issue that can be rested squarely with recruitment policy and team management.

I totally agree, this club off the field wasn't ready for the title win. We had a real chance to utilize the exposure we got from shocking the footballing world by bringing in an infrastructure experienced at next level success but we instead we tried to keep everything exactly the same. Except Walsh left and Ranieri inexplicably got rid of our sports psychologist and it's quite clear to see that the replacement in Macia seems an absolute cretin. Rudkin has always been out of his depth and he's responsible for there being absolutely no changes to the academy set up. We've pumped in millions to get category A status but kept the same dinosaurs running it and it shows. The recent improvement in results is because we've put together a team full of monsters who bull doze their way to victory with the odd bit of class by the likes of Thomas. You can see right through from the bottom to the top that we're just a very inept and sluggish club and it hurts. It hurts because we know the dross we had after the destruction of the Taylor years and we worked so hard to finally get back to the top level of English football. We've then achieved footballing utopia with winning the Premier League and I know we ought to cherish that forever but we are in freefall and if we go down it will be a disgrace.

However I think we have to go down before this club changes, if we get rid of Shakespeare we won't get rid of Macia, Rudkin, Beaglehole and co and Whelan as well and really change things. We'll bring in someone like Allardyce who will steady the ship but everything else will remain poorly ran. Relegation would see heads rolling and potentially the owners being pressured to either sell up or make massive improvements, it's shocking it needs that for that to happen but we aren't a pro active club.

I agree. The club is going backwards. Badly ran at the top, the Silva saga is going to cost Shakespeare is job. We have no midfield. Iborra is so lost with the pace of the league, especially in a two.

I'm finding it hard to enjoy anything Leicester related at the minute. It's been soured since I tweeted that picture of Rudkin on holiday and he interrupted my dinner to call me a stalker and saying he doesn't want to have to get the police involved. I'm only a fan not a stalker. 

It really came across as I'm above you. Pisses me off as he will be gone one day and we will all still be here supporting the club. 

Club needs a whole shake up, from the board right through to the staff. 

But nothing will change. The owners don't seem to have that much knowledge and they have confidence in people around them who don't seem to have a clue either.

Hyperbole won't help though I admire your passion.

I agree the club seems adrift and lost but to call the coaching system 'shambolic' just because we haven't unearthed another Mahrez is surely an overstatement.

To me, we've lacked a post title winning vision beyond the obvious  'do the best we can', which no-one will be motivated by.

Calling for a clear-out is emotional stuff but really would we honestly kick out all our best players in one go?

We need someone with a clear vision, fresh ambition and the time to rebuild properly. Not easy to find I admit, but Shakespeare is not that man I'm afraid.

We're pretty shit at the moment, and I'm trying really hard not to want Shakespeare out, but this is not a crisis, let's at least try and be realistic. It's a period where we have some serious evolving to do but we are not fcuked yet by any stretch of the imagination. I agree with the point about regression and how scandalous our recruitment has been but we're not doomed.

You spot on,  I said last season that we give title winning players a chance of champions league and then we have a mass clear out at end of the season,  it's there to see,  the team is washed out and to be honest winning the title what more can they achieve as players? Something has to happen fast and Shakespeare record in last 16 premier games w 3 d 5 l 8 p 13 tells me we need a change now. 

Yes - so why are some people so happy to let things slide for a few more months?

Sack Shakespeare now. Sack Rudkin now.

Make changes wherever necessary. Bring in the right scouting team, the right Director of Football and the right manager. Put them to work right now. Not in January when the transfer window is already open, not in 2 weeks when we might be further adrift of 17th.

Tired of this 'oh give them a chance, it's not their fault'. It is their fault, they are useless. Right now the owners are guilty of gross negligence by not making the changes at the club. At the very least some feathers need to be ruffled. Make the sackings now and drum up some interest.

The longer we let it go on, the worse it's going to get. These people are incompetent, end of story. Ruthlessness is the order of the day. Let's start acting like a big club, a club with ambition and demands.

This club just waits at the moment. Waits in the transfer window, waits at boardroom level, waits on the football pitch. It waits for something to happen and what happens is things go wrong. We miss out on singings, we lose good staff members and players and don't replace them, we lose matches and negativity seeps into the club. I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of us stagnating.

Are the owners even bothered anymore? Big decisions need to made now. DO SOMETHING.

23 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Hyperbole won't help though I admire your passion.

I agree the club seems adrift and lost but to call the coaching system 'shambolic' just because we haven't unearthed another Mahrez is surely an overstatement.

To me, we've lacked a post title winning vision beyond the obvious  'do the best we can', which no-one will be motivated by.

Calling for a clear-out is emotional stuff but really would we honestly kick out all our best players in one go?

We need someone with a clear vision, fresh ambition and the time to rebuild properly. Not easy to find I admit, but Shakespeare is not that man I'm afraid.

The clear out needs to be off the field so that they can come in with no blind loyalty and make assessments on where we go forward. Any new regime wouldn't think twice about binning off Ulloa, Fuchs if he carries on like this, Albrighton if he carries on like this, King, James etc. A new regime would take a look at our squad and dated system and try something new. We'd perhaps get a modern right back who can help with attacks and give Simpson genuine competition. We won't get a new regime though, we'll get another spoiler like Allardyce who will steady the ship but nothing will change.

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Yes - so why are some people so happy to let things slide for a few more months?

Sack Shakespeare now. Sack Rudkin now.

Make changes wherever necessary. Bring in the right scouting team, the right Director of Football and the right manager. Put them to work right now. Not in January when the transfer window is already open, not in 2 weeks when we might be further adrift of 17th.

Tired of this 'oh give them a chance, it's not their fault'. It is their fault, they are useless. Right now the owners are guilty of gross negligence by not making the changes at the club. At the very least some feathers need to be ruffled. Make the sackings now and drum up some interest.

The longer we let it go on, the worse it's going to get. These people are incompetent, end of story. Ruthlessness is the order of the day. Let's start acting like a big club, a club with ambition and demands.

This club just waits at the moment. Waits in the transfer window, waits at boardroom level, waits on the football pitch. It waits for something to happen and what happens is things go wrong. We miss out on singings, we lose good staff members and players and don't replace them, we lose matches and negativity seeps into the club. I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of us stagnating.

Are the owners even bothered anymore? Big decisions need to made now. DO SOMETHING.

These big decisions off the field will only happen when we're in ruins after relegation. Until then we'll just chop and change manager every so often instead and allow the cretins in charge like Rudkin and Whelan in recruiting someone new like Pardew, Strachan or Allardyce. It's horrible.

I know this topic is about infrastructure and I agree with everything that has been said.

..... BUT... two wins and a draw in the next premier matches plus a win against Leeds plus ONE player (Thomas? / other?) breaking into the team and playing a blinder  and the whole complexion changes!!

*probably doesn't need to play a blinder  - just play like a premier league player!!

Just now, Ric Flair said:

These big decisions off the field will only happen when we're in ruins after relegation. Until then we'll just chop and change manager every so often instead and allow the cretins in charge like Rudkin and Whelan in recruiting someone new like Pardew, Strachan or Allardyce. It's horrible.

Probably true. We'll probably end up with Pearson back because we've haven't even got a clue how to scout a manager or a DOF.

The owners took credit for the good times so if they're not going to attempt big changes they need to be held accountable for this fiasco.

I feel like there's absolutely no strong characters at the club whatsoever. No leaders. That's why things will get out of control.

3 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I know this topic is about infrastructure and I agree with everything that has been said.

..... BUT... two wins and a draw in the next premier matches plus a win against Leeds plus ONE player (Thomas? / other?) breaking into the team and playing a blinder  and the whole complexion changes!!

*probably doesn't need to play a blinder  - just play like a premier league player!!

Even in that farfetched world the complexion doesn't change. Short term results don't hide the fact we're going in the wrong direction.

We will be in this position all over again unless somebody grabs the bull by the horns and puts direction back into the club.

The people at the top of the tree and deluded beyond sanity. They genuinely believed that we weren't underdogs going into the CL QF home leg against Atletico. This type of shite filters down through the ranks and now we find ourselves 2 points adrift after 8 games. 

Wouldn't say we're in 'crisis' right now but a lot of people need to take a proper look at their attitude and mentality. 

Archived