Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Cant help but think someone high up in the club has a boner for James and pressures Puel to play him. Maybe they want him to get a call up for England. 

Leicester city is where some players come to die. 

Get him in the ****ing team

Gokhan Inler mk 2

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

I mean:

• Schmeichel: Danish international
  • Maguire: English international
  • Morgan: Jamaican international
  • Ndidi: Nigerian international
  • Mahrez: Algerian international
  • Okazaki: Japanese international
  • Vardy: English international

All frequently start for us.

Nearly all of them are members of the 2015/16 dream team. Maguire and Ndidi slotted directly in because those were places that had to be filled (not taking away anything from their quality) and the system didn't need to be changed for them.

Any other signing post 2015/16 with (even a slightly) different profile either never got a chance and ended being either loaned or sold. Our inability to integrate the new signings is truly incredible and I'm really dreading the day where Mahrez will go, because then the 2015/16 style will be truly gone.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nearly all of them are members of the 2015/16 dream team. Maguire and Ndidi slotted directly in because those were places that had to be filled (not taking away anything from their quality) and the system didn't need to be changed for them.

Any other signing post 2015/16 with (even a slightly) different profile either never got a chance and ended being either loaned or sold. Our inability to integrate the new signings is truly incredible and I'm really dreading the day where Mahrez will go, because then the 2015/16 style will be truly gone.

Well we've only had maybe 3 or 4 signings since 2016 which were decent enough to even get a proper first team place, and all of them were last summer, or January 2017. Our recruitment after the PL win was woeful, but since it's been okay.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Well we've only had maybe 3 or 4 signings since 2016 which were decent enough to even get a proper first team place, and all of them were last summer, or January 2017. Our recruitment after the PL win was woeful, but since it's been okay.

Yes but my point still stands. We're signing some quality players and let them rot on the bench.

Edited by ZeGuy

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Yesm but my point still stands. We're signing some quality players and let them rot on the bench.

I agree, I've never argued the opposite to that. I'd much rather we include players we know can compete at the highest levels than ones we aren't totally sure about.

Just now, Beechey said:

I agree, I've never argued the opposite to that. I'd much rather we include players we know can compete at the highest levels than ones we aren't totally sure about.

I'm waiting for the game against Bournemouth. It's at home, against a team we should beat. Very impatient to see the starting XI.

The problem is that few of the players that have come in over the last 2/3 seasons have managed to establish themselves.

No manager would refuse to field a player that would improve his chances of winning game, unless there's been some misconduct etc.

I don't know how this compares with other clubs, but 1 from 7 in the last two seasons doesn't look good to me.

Kelechi Iheanacho  - jury still out      

Adrien Silva  - jury still out    

Vicente Iborra  - jury still out

Harry Maguire - Very successful 

Aleksandar Dragovic - jury still out

Eldin Jakupovic - failed           

Fousseni Diabaté  - jury still out

Islam Slimani - failed 

Ahmed Musa - failed 

Wilfred Ndidi - Very successful 

Nampalys Mendy - failed       

Bartosz Kapustka - failed  

Ron-Robert Zieler - failed

Luis Hernández - failed

Shinji Okazaki - Very successful 

N'Golo Kanté - Very successful  

Gökhan Inler - failed

Yohan Benalouane - failed

Daniel Amartey - jury still out

Demarai Gray - jury still out

Robert Huth - Very successful 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Silva, Portuguese international, Iborra, Seville Captain, Dragovic, Austrian international, Fuchs, Austrian international, Kaputska Polish international, Kramaric Croatian international, Lawrence Welsh international,  none of them regular starters at the King Power......we are like Room 101 for international footballers....they come here never to be seen again....

Think you forgot the Nigerian International Musa.

On second thoughts, maybe we should all forget about him

11 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

The problem is that few of the players that have come in over the last 2/3 seasons have managed to establish themselves.

No manager would refuse to field a player that would improve his chances of winning game, unless there's been some misconduct etc.

I don't know how this compares with other clubs, but 1 from 7 in the last two seasons doesn't look good to me.

Eldin Jakupovic - failed           

Islam Slimani - failed 

Ahmed Musa - failed 

Nampalys Mendy - failed       

Luis Hernández - failed

Gökhan Inler - failed

All the successes are defensive players by the looks of that list... I kno oka is a forward but he’s mainly a success because of his defensive work in a attacking position.

the club needs to do better in the way it intergrates the more forward thinking players

18 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

Kelechi Iheanacho  - jury still out   Played out of position most of the time

Adrien Silva  - jury still out     Never  got a run until now

Vicente Iborra  - jury still out   Agree

Aleksandar Dragovic - jury still out  Played great until now then inexplicably dropped because muh, Cpt. Morgan

Eldin Jakupovic - failed       X-File    

Fousseni Diabaté  - jury still out    Agree. Looks promising though

Islam Slimani - failed  Never got a run, played out of position and never to his strenghts then loaned

Ahmed Musa - failed  Epic flop. Moscow still laughing all the way to the bank

Nampalys Mendy - failed      Never got a Chance. Injured then loaned 

Bartosz Kapustka - failed     X-File

Ron-Robert Zieler - failed     Agree

Luis Hernández - failed        X-File

Gökhan Inler - failed     Agree

Yohan Benalouane - failed    Agree

Daniel Amartey - jury still out  Useful, versatile squad player. To stay

Demarai Gray - jury still out    Agree. Looks slowly like a flop though

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I only applied a very coarse measure to this in that if a player consistently nails a starting place then he's a success, failures are those who have had their time and failed to nail a starting spot. All others I've simply classed as "jury still out" & would hope that they do in fact warrant a start consistently. Dragovic being the most likely of those at present.

The only qualm i have with labeling a player a success or failure based on starting minutes is that some players are not brought in to start often. They are brought in to cover, and to be depth.

In that sense, I would argue that it's somewhat unfair to call Benalouane a failure, or Jakupovic - neither were ever intended (well, maybe Benny) to be week in, week out starters.

Edited by UPinCarolina

7 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

The only qualm i have with labeling a player a success or failure based on starting minutes is that some players are not brought in to start often. They are brought in to cover, and to be depth.

In that sense, I would argue that it's somewhat unfair to call Benalouane a failure, or Jakupovic - neither were ever intended (well, maybe Benny) to be week in, week out starters.

That's a fair comment re Jakupovic, however the point I was trying to illustrate was that out of 21 players bought in only 5 have actually made it as regular starters. That's roughly a 25% success rate. I've no idea if that's good, par for the course, or poor compared to other teams in this league. I'd be very interested to see some comparison on that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

That's a fair comment re Jakupovic, however the point I was trying to illustrate was that out of 21 players bought in only 5 have actually made it as regular starters. That's roughly a 25% success rate. I've no idea if that's good, par for the course, or poor compared to other teams in this league. I'd be very interested to see some comparison on that.

But another 7 frequently make it onto the bench and play, so I'd argue it's more of a 57% success rate.

Edited by Beechey

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

But another 7 frequently make it onto the bench and play, so I'd argue it's more of a 57% success rate.

Nah not having it. For this exercise my criteria is simple - do they/have they consistently displaced a current starter and become a member of the first 11 or no? 

I don't accept that we've spent the money we have in order to fill the bench but you are more than entitled to hold a different opinion.

I would say that we have a good 6 or 7 that have shown some promise and I would hope that at least 1 or 2 from that group become regular starters.

There must be something massively wrong with the recruitment of new players,the idea is that someone has looked at them in detail to determine whether they are what we need and if they will fit into our way of playing or we are willing to adapt to their way if they are that good.We've bought all these supposedly quality players in and hardly any of them make it in to the side!

5 hours ago, ST20 said:

David Silva isn’t physical yet he’s one of the greatest premier league players ever

Exactly, doesn't seem to do Ozil or Mata any harm either.   And Muzzy was about 6 stone with pipe cleaners for legs.

Not that I'm buying this BS idea that Silva can't cope physically.  

Edited by murphy

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Jeez, he may or may not end up a good player but he needs more time.  I would like to see him start a few games and see how he goes.  He must be a good player, his situation has been awful and I suppose many players would struggle to keep perfectly fit with 4 months out.  It is a little confusing why he has not been given more time, I can only assume his match fitness is not quite there.  I don't really buy the "not physical enough" stuff as I think it is an obsession that has held the British game back for years (physicality over skill).  He may need time to adjust but he'll do it if given the chance I'm sure.  We'll see, I hope he makes it here because he is an absolute hot piece of ass.

X

He doesn't need more time, he needs to be in the team and now.

Why is it that other clubs can buy continental players and put them straight in the side?  We seem to need to hold their hand for twelve months.  Ridiculous.

As for being out for 4 months, remember, James had been out for nearly as long.

3 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

Eldin Jakupovic - failed           

Islam Slimani - failed 

Ahmed Musa - failed 

Nampalys Mendy - failed       

Luis Hernández - failed

Gökhan Inler - failed

My god, I can’t believe how poor our recruitment has been when you look at that list!!

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Jeez, he may or may not end up a good player but he needs more time.  I would like to see him start a few games and see how he goes.  He must be a good player, his situation has been awful and I suppose many players would struggle to keep perfectly fit with 4 months out.  It is a little confusing why he has not been given more time, I can only assume his match fitness is not quite there.  I don't really buy the "not physical enough" stuff as I think it is an obsession that has held the British game back for years (physicality over skill).  He may need time to adjust but he'll do it if given the chance I'm sure.  We'll see, I hope he makes it here because he is an absolute hot piece of ass.

X

Agreed. He seems talented, no doubt. We need to be patient, but I do want to see puel select him more and play him more.

2 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

My god, I can’t believe how poor our recruitment has been when you look at that list!!

It's that middle block of reds.  All failures, all signed in the summer straight after the title win.  Taylor-esque levels of shitty recruitment.

£70m down the swanny (whatever a swanny is).  

THe single green, Wilf, was signed the following January.