Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Half the problem is that he was built up by many on here as our saviour and we had 300 odd pages of teenagers spaffing their pants over him.

I happens all the time with new signings and more often than not we all end up underwhelmed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was poor yesterday, gave the ball away a fair bit.

Do think he will come good though and you could see he was trying some risky passes, which Ndidi or James don’t often do (I’m not hopping on the James bashing bandwagon this is just a comparison)

Do think we need one of silva or Iborra starting though to play a passing game.

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

It actually wasn’t him... it’s the players around him. If you actually watch how he plays he always makes himself available, and is alsways looking for the next pass to then get on his bike again.

However were so ****ing static it’s painful, he gets he ball, looks up and sees at least 9 players stood.... staring vacantly pointing in random directions, I feel sorry for him I really do.

I think that’s a little generous!  He still failed at the simple stuff…

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

Playing with a guy like silva is good because he is always looking to take responsibility always looking for the ball but we were giving him some hospital stuff and a lot were then going back to the original passer who then had a bit more time to look up -and LUMP it forward.

He is a bit like Riyhad in thinking and moving  a bit quicker than most

38 minutes ago, bpfox said:

thats nit picking , u know what i was getting at.

How are facts nit picking? lol

Last 9 games either of them started in the league, is at a very quick count as follows. (Anyone who wants to look into this for more than 1 minute feel free to correct if I've missed something).

Iborra: L D L W W W D, L D points = 12

James: D D L D L W D W L points = 10

We're in the territory of someone actually converting one of our 51 missed shots in the last three home games to them picking up the same amount of points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

It's absolutely ridiculous over the last year or so how whenever Silva, Iborra or Ndidi give the ball away a certain section of fans blame it on Matt James or Andy King.

Talk about seeing what you want to see.

Yesterday was clearly Kings fault, he even scored for Swansea, how shit is that?

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He was poor yesterday, gave the ball away a fair bit.

Do think he will come good though and you could see he was trying some risky passes, which Ndidi or James don’t often do (I’m not hopping on the James bashing bandwagon this is just a comparison)

Do think we need one of silva or Iborra starting though to play a passing game.

Silva's performance yesterday was a bit worrying. Not so much the misplaced passes, as any player can have a bad day for that.

It was more the way that he couldn't cope with being closed down - which Bournemouth did very well.

Not only does he seem physically lightweight when challenged, he is forced into errors when he's closed down.

Tbf, he did play 2 or 3 clever, penetrative short passes - as he did more in other matches.

Maybe he's currently better suited to matches against teams that close down less (often the better teams)?

Or maybe he hasn't fully adapted to the intensity of English football?

I take the point that Iborra tended to misplace a few passes, but he looked a lot more comfortable in English football than Silva did yesterday.

Give Iborra a run of games and I'd be hopeful that his rustiness would disappear. I'm not so confident of Silva adapting on that showing - and 75% of PL teams do close down skilful opponents. 

58 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Silva's performance yesterday was a bit worrying. Not so much the misplaced passes, as any player can have a bad day for that.

It was more the way that he couldn't cope with being closed down - which Bournemouth did very well.

Not only does he seem physically lightweight when challenged, he is forced into errors when he's closed down.

Tbf, he did play 2 or 3 clever, penetrative short passes - as he did more in other matches.

Maybe he's currently better suited to matches against teams that close down less (often the better teams)?

Or maybe he hasn't fully adapted to the intensity of English football?

I take the point that Iborra tended to misplace a few passes, but he looked a lot more comfortable in English football than Silva did yesterday.

Give Iborra a run of games and I'd be hopeful that his rustiness would disappear. I'm not so confident of Silva adapting on that showing - and 75% of PL teams do close down skilful opponents. 

I think  he can improve and be no 10... the trick passes were awful yesterday - but he was very involved and worked hard - welcome to the pl.  he won't get worse if he sticks at it...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Livid said:

May explain his omission on Saturday

Don't be silly.  It's because Puel is a wnker and the whole squad is p1ssed off and want to leave.  My mum's brother's friend's daughter's best mate works at the club and said that Silva hates the rest of the squad and Puel gets him to dress up as an actual dog and walks him around on a lead while the other players literally take sh1ts on his face.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Congrats to Adrien and I’m glad being “dropped” was down to this. I said Puel had man managed Silva badly in another thread so quite happy to say “whoops!” on this one. 

I hope he comes good as he seems like a nice guy and is technically good. I suspect he needs a good preseason behind him and to adjust to the league. Iborra was poor in preseason and his first appearances for us but after adjusting turned out to be good. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Congrats to Adrien and I’m glad being “dropped” was down to this. I said Puel had man managed Silva badly in another thread so quite happy to say “whoops!” on this one. 

lollol How lucky is Puel that Silva's Mrs dropped one to cover up his mistake. And he gets an apology for it lollol 

Oh the joys of being a prem manager even when its beyond your control you still get the blame. lollol At least us fans are consistent lollol 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lollol How lucky is Puel that Silva's Mrs dropped one to cover up his mistake. And he gets an apology for it lollol 

Oh the joys of being a prem manager even when its beyond your control you still get the blame. lollol At least us fans are consistent lollol 

I reckon Silva's wife is in actual fact a Russian Bot.

• 4 weeks later...