Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Still nobody stood up and accepted responsibility for the 14 second debacle. Still the likes of Rudkin and the Head of Recruitment don't comment ever to the fans. FFS these are stealing a living. We have made two decent signings since lifting the title in Nididi and Maguire. We have signed approx 10 poor players. When are they going to pay the price? 1 in 5 guaranteed starters is pathetic. You can't go on like that. The players are ageing (Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs) or stale (Mahrez, Kasper, Okazaki) and need phasing out with ready made class. If we carry on we will just dilute until the club pays the price with relegation. Silva for me looks consigned to the list of bad buys, but feel sorry for him how he has been handled. 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

That's because all he does is go sideways and backwards. It's easy to keep the ball when you don't try to unlock a defence.

James is okay when we need to sit and hold a lead or whatever, but he's not the man to play when we need to attack and unlock defences.

Made some nice forward passes in the first half yesterday, was willing to burst forward into the box at times too, something we don't see often from James. James is good in tight areas too, Iborra less so.

Ndidi was the same yesterday though because their were a lack of options in front, the likes of Albrighton and Mahrez were happy to just stand wide so the only option to them was a sideways ball. 

3 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I'm shocked silva got no minutes yesterday but for all of you giving James a hard time, he was better than ndidi yesterday. Ndidi is a class act and only going to improve but unfortunately yesterday he wasn't good. Ultimately was his mistake where we conceded from 

Feel for Ndidi playing alongside such an immobile partner in James!... He's got to cover alot of ground to make up for Fatty.... Silva would allow Ndidi to have the occasional breather! 

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

He's not clearing the decks in the areas he should be though- he wants possesson football, but seems to be sacrificing our more technically gifted players in favour of players who just aren't good enough for where we want to be. We've got international, European competition standard players sat on our bench and we're sat there watching Wes Morgan and Matty James struggle to get a result against an awful Stoke side?

A few weeks ago, in my mind Puel had a vision for where this club was going and how it was going to get there. Now I haven't got a clue what he's trying to do, and we've visibly regressed.

I agree that sacking him in the summer would be premature (although there's still a long way to go this season), but I'm not surprised if the owners are asking a couple of questions.

Because we've also seen these "international standard players" in the team when we struggle against sides. It's almost like the Swansea game a few weeks back didn't happen with Dragovic and Silva playing instead of James and Morgan. 

If results or performances had been better with these players on the field over the others, then I'd understand all the moaning. But they just haven't been, no matter who we seem to put in, we get the odd good game, the odd shocker and just a load of meh.

I'd like to see a bit more of Silva and Iborra, I feel like Puel is switching people in and out around the team to take a good look at everyone so he knows exactly what he needs come the summer, so we need to see a bit more of them again. But I say that on the back of just wanting to have a look and not on the back of good performances that should have them as shoe ins over James, because I've just not seen it yet.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2018 at 16:54, pazzerfox said:

Surely if you are playing Mahrez AND Gray, you need 2 sitting midfielders.  We would have been sitting ducks in Silva would have played instead (in my opinion).

Ah the "not lose set-up". It has ben proven time and time again that it was bollocks. Especially against one of the weakest sides of the league.

On topic, we truly ruined Silva's chances to go the WC. He must consider his move as the worst of his career. Absolutely gutted for him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Weller in Tights said:

I'm gobsmacked that Matty James gets in that team ahead of Silva. James was appalling yesterday. 

Maybe he was just following his manager's instructions. So, maybe he was a-Pueling?

5 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Puel the other one…

Indeed. If he'd brought Silva on as sub, at least, we might have Claude our way back into that match.

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps sometimes you've got to be Puel to be kind? 

I've never been convinced that a foreign manager was a good idea. Pueling our sovereignty was a bad move.

Better leave it there. I'm no football punned-it.

18 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Silva is livid, he's not had an explanation since being subbed off at HT against Man City and Puel has ducked the question.

The powers that be higher up at the club are baffled by his lack of involvement as well as a few other selections at the moment. It might look good for Puel in the table but keep going the way it is and I think theyll get rid of him in the summer.

How couldn't he be? His move here has been a nightmare until now. 6 months without playing than benched for no apparent reason. His WC's place is probably gone and the guy is not even given an explamation.

Do you mean they'll get rid of Puel?

4 minutes ago, smr said:

Incidentally I did a job for his neighbor on Thursday. As I was leaving he told me Adrien Silva lives next door to him. As you might imagine it's a very very nice house.

Is it around the Oadby/Stoneygate area?

He comes across as the type of person anyone would get along with well.

14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

That's because all he does is go sideways and backwards. It's easy to keep the ball when you don't try to unlock a defence.

James is okay when we need to sit and hold a lead or whatever, but he's not the man to play when we need to attack and unlock defences.

Puel swore by Jordy Clasie at Southampton and he was the standard sideways/backwards passer for them so clearly Puel likes this style of midfielder. For me, Silva definitely has to start games and maybe Iborra too as long as they both sharpen up a bit.

• Like 2

Amazes me how many fans and pundits fall for this stat comparison nonsense when comparing players. To me its the biggest scam in football. Complete a few short easy passes and get your stats up then you get the idiots with OPTA stats out claiming you are the messiah. Henderson at Liverpool is a prime example. People are easily swayed with stats. Its the footie manager generation.

• Like 1

We need to pick a formation that fits Silva in to it and then run with it until the end of the season and see what happens. He's not going to play in a 442, maybe play him in the whole, or we'll have to go 433. Need someone with some vision and ability on the ball in the midfield.

Iborra, Ndidi, Silva

Mahrez, Vardy, (any of Gray/Diabate)

Would like to see this personally, particularly at home.

Kasper

Dragovic

Morgan

Maguire

Albrighton

Silva

Ndidi

Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy

Gray/Diabate

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because we've also seen these "international standard players" in the team when we struggle against sides. It's almost like the Swansea game a few weeks back didn't happen with Dragovic and Silva playing instead of James and Morgan. 

If results or performances had been better with these players on the field over the others, then I'd understand all the moaning. But they just haven't been, no matter who we seem to put in, we get the odd good game, the odd shocker and just a load of meh.

I'd like to see a bit more of Silva and Iborra, I feel like Puel is switching people in and out around the team to take a good look at everyone so he knows exactly what he needs come the summer, so we need to see a bit more of them again. But I say that on the back of just wanting to have a look and not on the back of good performances that should have them as shoe ins over James, because I've just not seen it yet.

It was the performance in the Stoke game which frustrated me the most. We resorted to hoofing it because we had no links between the defence and midfield and midfield and attack. Completely one-dimensional and unimaginative. 

Swansea is a bad example- we could and should have battered them considering the chances we created. That was 'one of those days', whereas Stoke was absolute dross.

I like Matty James- always have, and admire him greatly for how he has got through a horrendous injury. He's our 4th choice midfielder though. Very much a keep it simple type player, whereas Silva will look to get forward and find a killer pass, Iborra will drop deep and demand the ball from the back 4 to build an attacking platform. We have neither of these things with James.

Ndidi is there to tidy up and keep things simple, and he's excellent at it. We need something more from his midfield partner.

On 25/02/2018 at 08:58, Fox92 said:

I’m not sure why Jaymo is getting the stick he is on this forum.

As you say he’s a tryer, a decent player, but he’s not creative enough as you say;

he has limitations.

It makes more sense to me that the bloke who is picking him ahead of Silva should be the one getting it in the neck not James himself. 

To all those laying in to MJ; it’s  the ****ing manager who needs to feel your wrath and get the stick.

Thick twats! 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I’m not sure why Jaymo is getting the stick he is on this forum.

As you say he’s a tryer, a decent player, but he’s not creative enough as you say;

he has limitations.

It makes more sense to me that the bloke who is picking him ahead of Silva should be the one getting it in the neck not James himself. 

To all those laying in to MJ; it’s  the ****ing manager who needs to feel your wrath and get the stick.

Thick twats! 

Not often I agree with anyone that ends up abusing other FT members. But in this case +1 everything you've said is correct.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm genuinely surprised.

I thought Silva was meant to be very very good? As in, get him fit and then straight into the first team to control the midfield?

What's occurring?

A light breeze would blow him over. I'd imagine the manager is worried whether he can compete physically, he got hooked against Swansea as they just started to physically dominate the middle of the pitch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm genuinely surprised.

I thought Silva was meant to be very very good? As in, get him fit and then straight into the first team to control the midfield?

What's occurring?

People heard the name silva and thought it was the other one who plays for portugal.

• Like 1