Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Man City - where are thou Drinking

Hey Doc,

we do a nice little crawl for Saturday kickoffs, start at the orange tree in the city centre for a relaxed pint. The to the bowling green to catch some of the lunchtime kickoff and maybe a chip butty the to the Sir Robert Peel for a pint of Morretti before heading to the ground.

Love Saturday kickoffs

9 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Hey Doc,

we do a nice little crawl for Saturday kickoffs, start at the orange tree in the city centre for a relaxed pint. The to the bowling green to catch some of the lunchtime kickoff and maybe a chip butty the to the Sir Robert Peel for a pint of Morretti before heading to the ground.

Love Saturday kickoffs

That's not a bad crawl, I may end up in the bowling green towards the end, quite a few of the old FT lot drink in there.

14 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Guys,

My second match of the season, and my usual place is no longer open and the prince of poonjab was ok but not worth the effort.  

So I'm hoping to find a new watering hole and most of all avoid you feckers.

Cheers

Swan and Rushes and The Font closing has ruined my crawl to the ground. The Peel isn’t what it was plus their capacity restriction seems to have killed the atmosphere not mention cut the numbers allowed in massively. 

Anyone tried The Gate yet? 

Seems best to stay around town now and catch one at The Bowling Green on the way to the ground and potentially The Gate. 

The Font & Swan both closing has scuppered our pre-match arrangements too.

We've been going to the Rutland & Derby, which is a great pub, but a bit of a walk to the ground- particularly as the weather closes in. Breaking it up with another stop at Bowling Green or Robert Peel is a good shout, but I'd imagine they are both even more rammed than usual. Be interesting to see what The Gate is like now it's up & running.

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Beers shit and it's way too sodding hot in there half the time.

I swerve it now.

It's alright if you're intent on needing another boozer on a crawl to the ground. Bowling Green is better but I don't mind it in there. You're right on how fcukin hot it is though, I always stand outside hahaha.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Don't you have any Fußballkneipe around the corner?

Nothing like the British  pubs......

Here are some great, probably better local faire restaurants. With some great German music pubs.but nothing that compares.

For awhile many , not all Brit pubs nose dived, and became dumps. (70s-80s)

Now even the pub food, with traditional and open faire, have refound the atmosphere and quality in food.

Now Some dumps, have become good or easy places to go to.

I was a cellarman, n01 barman , with "the old landlord" experience, with everards, for a short time joined a pool,

of young experienced "troubleshooters" to clean up bad ran pubs .I seen the pub industry start to take a dive.

Then some family breweries started to introduce Excecs, and pushed out the "Landlords" and created 

Managed Pubs.  In some areas it really  worked, so I have nothing negative. Society changed its drinking

habits, Even in my time Pubs were closing their doors for the last time, but I went back to my technichal

Background, and stayed then out of the gourmet/drinks/events business.My girlfriend now wife would never

have wanted that life. (Shame) .

Today I have no notions of how the Gourmet /pub  businesses are ran, but has an irregular customer, when I go

back to the UK, either just drinking, or Pub-food/bar snacks, I enjoy the lunch/evening atmosphere.

One exception, some have too many gaming M/cs, in abundance or in wrong areas.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

One exception, some have too many gaming M/cs, in abundance or in wrong areas.

Couldn't agree more. My favourite local has no machines, and the walls are so thick that there is no phone signal. If you insist on using your phone you have to go outside with the smokers!

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What went wrong with the Swan and Rushes?

My pre match watering hole for longer than I care to remember... no space for straight up boozers in this day and age... you have to go all “gastro pub” to stay afloat...   “The badger snatch and parsley jus is to die for”

i moved onto the Font afterwards (whoops).... through circumstance I’ve not picked a new pub....  who should I put the hex on next?

Archived