Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

4 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Luke shaw anyone? 

hasn't played for basically 3 seasons, if we are going to go out and buy a LB then it needs to be someone who is clearly better than Chilwell, like Ryan Bertrand

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Just watched the highlights on BBC website and he was in a position to stop the build up for their first goal and got bullied of the ball by I think Moses.

Crossing is just awful considering the good positions he gets into .Shame

Cant watch that without smiling at Wes. Runs back and plays Morata onside and is marking fresh air. Genius defending that

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Luke shaw anyone? 

I’d be a bit worried about Luke Shaw, can’t get in ahead of Young who is decent but a left winger at the end of the day. And then Rojo and Darmian are often ahead of him in the pecking order who are both dreadful to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Depends if he fell out with Puel. There was rumours of player unrest at Southampton before he was sacked.

there were rumours the players fell out with Claudio yet the man himself seemed to point the finger at coaches and upper management, Matic fell out with Jose, still joined Man Utd

People criticising Chilwell over his poor crossing yesterday, you could say the same about Mahrez and Simpson. None of them beat the first defender. Only Albrighton got decent crosses in. I honestly like the kid. He gets the ball forward quickly and links up with Albrighton well. There were moments yesterday when he did a superb job marking Willian, and there were other moments when he got caught out. Good left backs are hard to come by and it's one of the hardest positions so I think we're doing ok with Chilwell and with age and experience he'll get better.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The only way that Leicester can compete with the big boys is to bring along our own players rather than compete in the insanity of the transfer market. Chilwell has all the makings of a modern full back and will come into his own over the next year. LCFC fans seem to enjoy nothing better than sh1tting on our own players.

Tend to agree with the first part but I'm not sure about Chilwell. He must be the most one footed player I've seen for many a long year. His right foot is basically usless and just about ok for standing on. This will limit him in the future unless he can sort this out. He really is almost unable to kick the ball with it and he needs a lot of work on his end product, overall positioning and needs to develop that nasty streak all good old pros have. He could/should have fouled Willian in the build up to the first goal. Ok he would have got a yellow but they wouldn't have scored.

He's got some potential but there's a long way to go but I wouldn't write him off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

hasn't played for basically 3 seasons, if we are going to go out and buy a LB then it needs to be someone who is clearly better than Chilwell, like Ryan Bertrand

Bertrand has, by all accounts, been absolutely shocking this season. Would prefer Shaw personally.

2 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Luke shaw in a wheelchair is better than chilwell 

Luke Shaw is not very good, he was a hype job all along. The Southampton fans were not upset to see him go. Whether his old manager Pochettino  could do anything with him is unsure but he is not the player Leicester need. 

37 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Luke Shaw is not very good, he was a hype job all along. The Southampton fans were not upset to see him go. Whether his old manager Pochettino  could do anything with him is unsure but he is not the player Leicester need. 

Bloody good player , Southampton fans were also not upset to see Puel go , how has that worked out for them ? 

2 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Bloody good player , Southampton fans were also not upset to see Puel go , how has that worked out for them ? 

Hard to see that as a reference point. JM is a grade A dick but he knows football  & he thinks Shaw is shite !

Personally i happen to agree with the Southampton fans when it comes to Puel as well.

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Hard to see that as a reference point. JM is a grade A dick but he knows football  & he thinks Shaw is shite !

Personally i happen to agree with the Southampton fans when it comes to Puel as well.

JM lol 

He sold lukaku / de Bryuna / Salah 

two turn into world class players and he buys back the one donkey for 80m lol 

What he thinks about shaw is NO indication of how good the lad is 

your more like the Southampton fans than you realise 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox
  • Like 1

How often do players considerably improve with age? He's 21 now and played close to 60 games and has he improved much in that time? I'm not sold. If he was genuinely good going forwards then you could make a case for him but he's got one assist in all those appearances and that came at West Brom last week, he looks very dynamic because he runs well with the ball but can't cross very well and his passing doesn't make up for it.

He's a poor mans Schlupp im afraid.  Runs with the ball well, but has no footballing brain to produce a consistently good final ball. 

We need a new lb desperately. I'd like Ben Davies from Spurs or Bertrand. Someone who can overlap like Fuchs did in our title season. (Love Fuchs, wish his legs hadn't gone).

Interesting comments today on Shaw from Jason Dodd who managed him in the Southampton academy:

"He does make you pull your hair out at times," said Dodd. "You have to try different things to get the best out of him.

"I think they have tried everything and they have not got through to him to get him out on the pitch and perform.

"Luke is one of those players where you have to keep on, you have to keep pushing him and he needs to be challenged."

Dodd said there were days at Southampton when Shaw would "go through the motions" in training.

"I was constantly on him," he said. "He likes it. He needs more of a cuddle, and then give him a little dig. That is how you get him going.

"He is a fantastic player, but you have to question some of it - his drive, training everyday, and giving absolutely everything.

"You are at Manchester United. Mourinho expects you to put it in every session and that is an area where Luke will struggle."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Sounds like maybe it's not just Mourinho being Mourinho but that Shaw is a bit of a lazy bastard. At least our Chilly gives it everything and seems like a good pro.

Edited by Paddy.

34 minutes ago, Wookie said:

How often do players considerably improve with age? He's 21 now and played close to 60 games and has he improved much in that time? I'm not sold. If he was genuinely good going forwards then you could make a case for him but he's got one assist in all those appearances and that came at West Brom last week, he looks very dynamic because he runs well with the ball but can't cross very well and his passing doesn't make up for it.

Vardy didn't improve with time ?

Just now, gurru991 said:

Vardy didn't improve with time ?

I did think that as I posted it but he's a very untypical example as he started playing professional football at 25, Chilwell has probably been in an academy setting since he was about 10. Typically, fullbacks that are considered better going forwards than they are at defending remain that way - Marcelo for example isn't any less ropey at defending now compared to 5 years ago.

39 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Gareth Bale didn’t win a game with Spurs for about 2 years and they nearly sold him to Forest. I know that’s a really rare example of improvement but it does happen.

I would write Chilwell off yet but we should probably loan him out next season.

Also, i’m not entirely convinced by Shaw with a questionable work ethic. I know Jose is a massive **** but he’s not the only one to question it.