Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

Just hope he isn't dropped.

He's a human, he's bound to make mistakes, and on top of that he's young and still learning.

It's important not to just bin off youngsters after one mistake. We've all made mistakes at work while still learning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just hope he isn't dropped.

He's a human, he's bound to make mistakes, and on top of that he's young and still learning.

It's important not to just bin off youngsters after one mistake. We've all made mistakes at work while still learning.

One mistake? He's been the worst player the last 3 games he started, he's not good enough and never will be.

• Haha 1

Just now, red5 said:

One mistake? He's been the worst player the last 3 games he started, he's not good enough and never will be.

Prior to the Posh goal against us we went 5 games without conceding.

Chilwell is 21, 22 this year. He'll improve. 

2 minutes ago, red5 said:

Big statement that, were you one of the ones that slagged off Kane when we had him?

He has to learn from his mistakes and has plenty of time on his side to do that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, red5 said:

No I never, why do you ask that?

How about Vardy in his first season?

Look, I agree that Chilwell has been below par of late but to say he'll never be good enough is completely unfounded. 

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not even convinced that he is a FB, I would play him left wing on the basis that he cant actually defend.

Same here, anyone that frequently turns his back on the ball is not Full Back material, he still has other good attributes and I'm sure he has a future in the first team with us.

15 minutes ago, red5 said:

No I never, why do you ask that?

because it sounds like you dont give anyone a chance. Too many of our fans expect players to be world class after a couple of games.

Basically stop writting players off before they are given a chance.

Just now, norwichfox said:

anyone that frequently turns his back on the ball is not Full Back material

And this is his biggest technical flaw. So left footed and he turns into towards the pitch. 

I worry for him because he's played lots of top level football now and he's still doing it. 

• Like 1

Chilwell is clearly a very talented player and prospect. He is quick, great with the ball, can take a player on and cross accurately.

He is learning and with experience will grow into a super player. Yes he made a mistake but it is to be expected with young players. Importantly he kept his head up and never stopped trying.

It is great to see a Leicester side with so many talented youngsters coming through. Our job as fans is to help them through the development phase by being supportive and realistic. We should all be thankful that we are witnessing the golden years in our club's history.

I've said it more than once, but I feel that Puel is bringing through an exciting young team who are more technically gifted than any other previous squad I can remember in my 30 years of supporting the club.

I was initially sceptical of Puel, but I am delighted that he has proven me wrong. I am more and more impressed with the changes he is gradually making. He is a shrewd coach and manager. Change takes time and necessarily has its ups and downs.

Let's put it into perspective when we get the urge to criticise our young players. I was at the game last night and can understand the frustration. However, we are seeing the birth of a new post-title-winning side and we should be patient and enjoy watching the team flourish.

It's a long view required with a bright future ahead.

My issue here is quite simple we shouldn't be playing on a regular basis any player young or old who isn't good enough.  We are one of the richest clubs in the world we should buy a suitable player to fit the task, not spend time improving a younger player that will leave anyway if they reach the required standard.  If the player is good enough age is not the issue ability is, at Chelsea he cost us potentially 2 points and last night potentially 1 point.  I go to every game I don't sit behind my keyboard or in front of a stream, I see these things live the second goal Walcott just ran past him as he watched the cross by the time he reacted it was too late.  Chilwell is a good athlete but cant pass or cross and doesn't assist or score goals, so please tell me how he improves the team apart from coming from Milton Keynes thinking he's one of our own!!!!

15 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I don’t know where his best position is frankly. He’s got a great deal of potential, looks good attacking, but defensively I’m sorry to say at present he’s a liability.   He has to take full responsibility for Evertons 1st, it was so naive what he did.

At fault for the 2nd too.  Not even within 5 yards of Walcott, the player he was supposed to be marking.  That said he was no worse than N'didi who was being hailed as better or potentially better than Kante a couple of days ago.  Also would Big Arry have been pilloried as much as poor Chilwell has been if Niasse had scored the 3rd just after the 2nd goal.  that error was just as bad, luckily for him just not as costly.  Gray was as bad as Chilwell too, gave the ball away literally every time he got the ball last night. Still he is due his 1 good game in 10 soon and we can all start lauding him as the Savior for Leicester and England again for a week at least.

• Like 2