Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

Mistakes doesn’t matter he isn’t still young but what an angry player ! I see that in the most Leicester’s player ! Just watch again the last goal everyone was fighting for the ball okazaki then mahrez then cross from albrighton to Vardy and again fight ! Vardy send it to Okazaki the samurai who started that hahah Leicester is anger for the goals that’s what I mean . He is contrunuating to build the attack’s  compare to Simpson maguire or Morgan he isn’t just different 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

He made one serious mistake yesterday which nearly cost us a goal, but apart from that I thought he had a superb game

As someone who played left back as an amateur through childhood and adulthood, an aimless pass square in your own half is literally one of the first things you learn not to do. When I saw him do that yesterday I was apopleptic.

Still, I guess as a professional it must become acceptable in some circumstances as your passing should have improved. It was a very bad mistake, though.

Apart from that I think he's looked excellent in the last 3 games and on balance deserves to keep his place against Southampton.

• Thanks 1

Long way to go yet but good work in progress.That dreadful error yesterday should have given them a goal we were very lucky

Few decisions need to be made essentially quicker If you look at their second he tries to block a shot going to his right by turning and bringing the left leg across which takes a fraction longer and limits reach.Thats the side he is comfortable using .He is going to make a good living for sure.

The thing I like about Chilwell is the fact that most of his shortcomings so far can be attributed to his age and lack of experience.

Occasionally his decision making is poor (as we saw once or twice yesterday), but that's the sort of thing that consistent gametime and working with a manager like Puel and players like Iborra/Silva will help with. We can already see he's better than he was at the start of the season.

He's not the strongest, either, but that's nothing that time spent in the gym won't fix.

The timing of his break into the first team could not have worked out better for him, in all honesty. A manager who values youth and sees something in Chilwell, an evolving style of attacking football at the club, an aging Fuchs for competition (and mentoring), and a strong squad that should comfortably finish in the top 10 and can afford to risk an extended run of games with a number of young players. Add in Demarai's rise at the same time and we're starting to see some good combinations across the pitch again.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

The thing I like about Chilwell is the fact that most of his shortcomings so far can be attributed to his age and lack of experience.

Occasionally his decision making is poor (as we saw once or twice yesterday), but that's the sort of thing that consistent gametime and working with a manager like Puel and players like Iborra/Silva will help with. We can already see he's better than he was at the start of the season.

He's not the strongest, either, but that's nothing that time spent in the gym won't fix.

The timing of his break into the first team could not have worked out better for him, in all honesty. A manager who values youth and sees something in Chilwell, an evolving style of attacking football at the club, an aging Fuchs for competition (and mentoring), and a strong squad that should comfortably finish in the top 10 and can afford to risk an extended run of games with a number of young players. Add in Demarai's rise at the same time and we're starting to see some good combinations across the pitch again.

Exactly. You can't expect a young inexperienced  player to break into the side and ovrrnight be experienced. Young players will make mistakes through inconsistencies or lack of concentration. Alternatively you could buy seasoned top of the market players all over the pitch but, unfortunately we've got the finances of Leicester City not Manchester City, mind you, even with all their money their defence hasn't always been the best!

Personally I find the potential development of Chilwell, Iheanacho, Maguire, Barnes, Gray, Thomas, Chowdhury and a few others under a manager like Puell quite exciting. Such potential is good security for our future either on the field of play or in the transfer market. We should encourage and not get on the backs of such young talent.

• Like 2