Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shanghai

Chilwell is amazing

45 minutes ago, filbertboy said:

What on earth is wrong with people ?? The lad is learning - he is going to be a great player. He can defend, he is great at going forward and he can cross a ball. Yes he will get even better.  He will have learnt a lesson from the Chelsea game.  He just needs time and support. As usual its some LCFC fans complaining once again.  Never happy unless being negative. 

A great prospect and we need to get right behind him.

Spot on! Think it’s great the playing time we’ve given him. Gonna be a top talent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Just the ‘so positive’ crew!

It was a compliment really mate.

lol

:D Some of the shite we've endured  over the years in comparison to the last few is incomparable! 

We can all find issues but some of the knee-jerk overreaction you get on here is incredulous!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Beechey said:

The worst game I've seen him play. Clearly improved when we shifted him to wing back, however, as Fuchs was covering the space he vacated.

Still happily give him time, though.

People took a dump on Delph but that's exactly where he could've some in handy. Fuchs is done at this level. 

5 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Let's hope that's the end of this stupid ****ing thread that is to this stupid ****ing idiots defending

He can't defend, yet another week goes by proving the point

Correct. 

We we need a new left back, as Fuch’s legs have gone and Chilwell is simply not good enough. 

Gets caught with the ball that costs us games, weak in the tackle, can’t pass more than 5yds, passes to the opposition regularly, produces very little going forwards which appears to be the area people believe is his best asset. How many assists has he to his name this season?

Apart from being youngish, I fail to see overall redeeming features in his play this season at all . Two years ago he was a promising youngster but he has significantly regressed. 

I don’t see his age being a valid excuse either; its not as if he’s learning; he’s getting worse by the game.

Lets put it this way. He’s only continuing to be selected by default. There is nobody at

the club good enough in the left back position at the moment up to PL standard.

He's made quite a few game changing errors in recent weeks and last night once he made one his head wasn't there all game.

I still think he will be a good player for us and to be honest I'd continue to start him for the time being. He just needs confidence and to be taught composure (don't know how hard that is to teach lol).

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

Chilwell has one of those nights where nothing went well.

I have doubts about his ability to defend.....ok going forward but concentration levels found wanting....reminds me of when we used to have Ritchie De Laet.

Another learning curve that mistakes and lack of concentration gets punished at this level.

Still plenty of time to give him regular football this season and see how he progresses and assess at the end of this season as to if we need a new LB or not as Fuchs is coming to the end 

He seems to have got worse since he's been starting games - I reckon he needs a bit of a crash back to reality and a few games on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets loaned out next season and we bring in a new left back in the summer. I'm still confident he'll do well for us and he'll play for England but I'll call a spade a spade, he was horrendous last night.