Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Clever Fox

What Value Maguire and Mahrez now.?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Maguire reminds me of YaYa Toure when he played at the back for Barca. You’d be buying that potential and talk of £50m plus is crazy. If he fits the jigsaw at a top Premier League club, maybe. He’d never go for that in Europe. Most clubs still like to purchase defenders who’s attributes are stronger defensively than offensively. 

Would any other club outside the Premier Leagur have paid £50m for John Stones, or £75m for VDV? Most likely not, they fitted a mould of player required at the time. 

With the way prices are at the moment £50+ Mill for Maguire and £100 mill for Mahrez.... if Sigurdsson can go for £50m and Van Dijk for £75m then Mahrez has to go for £100m former player of the year and premier league winner. Wouldn’t accept a penny less.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

I really don't understand why we're even discussing selling Mahrez, never mind how much he's worth.

He has a contract, I expect the club to make him honour it.

What, so he then goes on a free?

Like Ozil and Sanchez most probably will.

Not sure about that

Its always a toss up between keeping your best player no matter what, and selling him at the right time. Especially if that player has expressed a desire to leave, like Mahrez has.

I think it’ll be inevitable we sell him. It’s the price that’s going to be the main factor. Like it was over the summer.

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not sure about that

Its always a toss up between keeping your best player no matter what, and selling him at the right time. Especially if that player has expressed a desire to leave, like Mahrez has.

I think it’ll be inevitable we sell him. It’s the price that’s going to be the main factor. Like it was over the summer.

But you then set a precedent.Gray, maquire,nididi etc...I’d rather keep mahrez for 3 years and lose him for free than sell for 50 million now.its not my money I know but then again it’s not coming out of the owners pocket either.skys giving us Mahrez for free

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 00:07, gurru991 said:

I don't want Mahrez to go but if so can live with 50. 

Live with 50? and what are we going to do with it? What are we going to do with £100m for that matter?

We're not going to attract the expensive top players at the peak of their career because we are Leicester City. We either buy someone established, been around the block and winding down or we scout fresh, young (ish) talent.

We really need to keep him at all costs but if he has to go, we're in a good position to get top ££ for him and I really hope we demand £80+ and hold firm

He really is that good and imo there's no one else out there that can replace him.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Not sure about that

Still 2.5 years left on Mahrez's contract so we still hold all the cards.

We have seen Michael Keane sell for £30m, Oxlade-Chamberlain for £35m and a deal agreed for a similar price for Barkley before he pulled out and all of those players had 12 months left on their contract.

We should still only sell Mahrez for a price we consider worth taking at this stage. If he won't sign a new deal we should probably lower our aims at the 12-18 months left on his contract to make sure we get a decent fee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I really don't understand why we're even discussing selling Mahrez, never mind how much he's worth.

He has a contract, I expect the club to make him honour it.

The trouble is we had a deal with Mahrez and the club will have to honour that. 

If someone comes in with 50m I'd rather reject it but we have to be fair to the player.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

The trouble is we had a deal with Mahrez and the club will have to honour that. 

If someone comes in with 50m I'd rather reject it but we have to be fair to the player.

What deal? :huh:

37 minutes ago, Buce said:

What deal? :huh:

He had a deal with Claudio after we won the league that he would stay one more year which he did, then he could go.  We didn't get a decent bid for him in the summer, but if we do, this year, it would be difficult and unethical really to refuse.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

He had a deal with Claudio after we won the league that he would stay one more year which he did, then he could go.  We didn't get a decent bid for him in the summer, but if we do, this year, it would be difficult and unethical really to refuse.

He had a deal with Claudio? Our ex manager?

Sorry, but unless that deal was ratified by the owners it's meaningless.

There is the value to the team and then there is the value of what they are worth. the value of them to the team will always be more than what they are worth and what realistically we can get for them as it will cost us a lot to replace both of them!.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

He had a deal with Claudio? Our ex manager?

Sorry, but unless that deal was ratified by the owners it's meaningless.

Well you could say that Claudio was representing the club.  At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you or I think it meaningless, depends what the player thinks and whether we care that the club goes back on it's word.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Well you could say that Claudio was representing the club.  At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you or I think it meaningless, depends what the player thinks and whether we care that the club goes back on it's word.

I don't know the ins and outs of it (to be honest its the first I've heard of it) but I think the distinction between whether Claudio made the deal with the club's knowledge and agreement, or not, is an important one.

And let's not forget he reneged on a similar promise to Ulloa.

Maguire £45m

mahrez £60m+

ndidi £50m+

Clubs have expressed an interest in all three and hopefully the owners will refuse all offers on any but I would sense that if someone meets the above that they would consider selling.

Could be a long month and the Summer will be very interesting if we do not have European football as one or two others will also be seeking European football next season.

A cross roads for showing ambition which could ultimately set up the next 3 years one way or another!!

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

On what basis is Maguire worth 3 x what we paid six months ago lol

Young, English, internationally capped, doing it week-in and week-out on a high level in the PL.

I can see it, but I have no idea what an actual price would look like.

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

Young, English, internationally capped, doing it week-in and week-out on a high level in the PL.

I can see it, but I have no idea what an actual price would look like.

Weve only conceded two less than Swansea and he's been personally at fault for a number of goals. He has some way to go to be worth 3/4 times what we paid for him already

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

On what basis is Maguire worth 3 x what we paid six months ago lol

Well we got Maguire for a bargain in the first place.

Also, we sold Kante for six times what we paid for him 12 months previous.

We paid 400k for Mahrez, he must be worth 150x that now.

I can’t understand why people would be happy to accept less for a proven match winner,who are always the most expensive, than the price of a centre half (even if he is  a decent one) whose only success is in Scotland.

Personally I think Mahrez is as good as Coutinho and look how much Liverpool want for him. You could argue Mahrez would be even more effective in that Liverpool attack than ours.