Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Clever Fox

What Value Maguire and Mahrez now.?

Given that the Market has gone mad again with Liverpool reported to be paying 75 Million for Van Dijk,  What is Maguire's value now given that he's younger, English and an International player.

Mahrez, We always knew was very skillful but he's now starting to fulfill his true potential and turning into a world class player. The 50 Million quoted in the Summer is now looking ridiculously cheap.

I don't want him sold at any price, I'd much prefer to see him offered a new Contract, But to deter suitors what value should the Club now put on him. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

About £20m for Maguire and still £50m for Mahrez...because they play for Leicester.

...and they know we're push overs.

Have we been push overs? If so Mahrez would be gone. And Van Diyk worth that much because he plays for Southampton? Mahrez £100m no less. 

2 hours ago, Rasmic123 said:

30 mill for maguire and 50 mill for mahrez is what they’re worth currently

If we get 5 million more for both Mahrez and Maguire than Southampton received for Van Dijk alone then whoever lets them deals go through deserves the sack! 

9 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Have we been push overs? If so Mahrez would be gone. And Van Diyk worth that much because he plays for Southampton? Mahrez £100m no less. 

The club proved they're not pushovers in the summer by not accepting any offers for Mahrez. No idea why some fans have this vendetta against their own club.

• Like 3

Again...why are people suddenly thinking Macguire will be worth nearly 50 mill?

We have conceded most goals from set pieces in the whole of the division. Amazingly, that's worse than Swansea.

This matters. Do you think potential suitors won't be looking at stats like these?

We were actually safer at the back when Huth was fit and playing.

Harry might be 6ft plus..but aerially we are conceding too many.

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

The club proved they're not pushovers in the summer by not accepting any offers for Mahrez. No idea why some fans have this vendetta against their own club.

What offers?

Forgive me if I’m wrong but did we actually have any offers?

Someone was lying - Roma claimed there were offers, Shakespeare/The club denied there were offers, Mahrez claimed there were offers and the club hid them from him - I can’t see the club doing that.

Nothing was transparent but I certainly saw no concrete, definite offers.

I have no vendetta, I’m just fucked off of being disappointed transfer window after transfer window, saga after saga, not getting deals over the line, knowing we’ve been short in certain positions for 2 years now and still not rectifying it whilst signing players for positions we don’t need for big money who turn out to be a waste of money, having our pants down.

If that’s a vendetta then I apologise personally they’re just facts and reality.

Edited by Matt

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

What offers?

Forgive me if I’m wrong but did we actually have any offers?

Someone was lying - Roma claimed there were offers, Shakespeare/The club denied there were offers, Mahrez claimed there were offers and the club hid them from him - I can’t see the club doing that.

Nothing was transparent but I certainly saw no concrete, definite offers.

I have no vendetta, I’m just fucked off of being disappointed transfer window after transfer window, saga after saga, not getting deals over the line, knowing we’ve been short in certain positions for 2 years now and still not rectifying it whilst signing players for positions we don’t need for big money who turn out to be a waste of money, having our pants down.

If that’s a vendetta then I apologise personally they’re just facts and reality.

Mahrez is still here, if the club really were pushovers he wouldn't be. Simple as that. 

We did well out of Drinkwater and Schlupp and ok out of Kante considering the reported release clause.

As for signings, poor signings don't make you a pushover. We didn't sign Musa, Slimani, Hernandez etc because we are pushovers, we signed them because they were recommended by Walsh and he was rightly trusted in that job. Many of those signings haven't worked out as well as we hoped, but that's football.

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

Mahrez is still here, if the club really were pushovers he wouldn't be. Simple as that. 

We did well out of Drinkwater and Schlupp and ok out of Kante considering the reported release clause.

As for signings, poor signings don't make you a pushover. We didn't sign Musa, Slimani, Hernandez etc because we are pushovers, we signed them because they were recommended by Walsh and he was rightly trusted in that job. Many of those signings haven't worked out as well as we hoped, but that's football.

I'll ask you again, did we have any offers for Mahrez, I genuinely don't know, I saw alot of rumours but I certainly didn't see anything reported about any concrete, definate offers, if we had no offers, we had nothing to be pushovers, i'm not changing the arguement to suit, i'll say it again, did we actually have any offers. :dunno: Simple as that.

We didn't do well out of Drinkwater deal (We did, I would have been quite happy with the money they'd offered but then you dissect the way we conducted our business that night and i'm not happy about it) because the words coming out of the club that night were 'We'll only sell if we get a replacement'. We didn't get a replacement that could play because of the messing about, we should have gave Chelsea a deadline - before the deadline in order to get our own dealings sorted - If they didn't like that, no sale, to add to that because of the messing about Sporting made us pay more for Silva, we should have passed that onto Chelsea if they didn't want to pay more, no sale. Simple.

Schlupp, i'll give you that one, incredible bit of business, there are clubs out there as stupid and desperate as our recruitment team obviously.

Slimani, could argue we were push overs, I'm not sure of the ins and outs but i'm sure we could have signed him for cheaper if we moved faster - maybe not pushovers certainly indecisive, because of that but you've opening it up now questioning people vendettas'. Now as i've pointed out I have no vendetta, I have valid grounds to be pissed off with how this aspect of the club is being run, I put it out there we are pushovers, but regardless of if we are not the club is most definetely failing in this area, in the Slimani case it was definetly desperate, panic and indecision.

Slimani was recommended by Walsh, correct, but he was unhappy with what Sporting were asking for, I believe it was reported somewhere by one of the more respected journalists (I know, don't believe everything you read) he rated Slimani around £10 - £12m (His true value I would say) and wouldn't pay anymore, yet once Steve Walsh had gone we panicked, were desperate and they pulled our pants down.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'll ask you again, did we have any offers for Mahrez, I genuinely don't know, I saw alot of rumours but I certainly didn't see anything reported about any concrete, definate offers, if we had no offers, we had nothing to be pushovers, i'm not changing the arguement to suit, i'll say it again, did we actually have any offers. :dunno: Simple as that.

We didn't do well out of Drinkwater because the words coming out of the club that night were 'We'll only sell if we get a replacement'. We didn't get a replacement that could play because of the messing about, we should have gave Chelsea a deadline - before the deadline in order to get our own dealings sorted - If they didn't like that, no sale, to add to that because of the messing about Sporting made us pay more for Silva, we should have passed that onto Chelsea if they didn't want to pay more, no sale. Simple.

Schlupp, i'll give you that one, incredible bit of business, there are clubs out there as stupid and desperate as our recruitment team obviously.

Slimani, could argue we were push overs, I'm not sure of the ins and outs but i'm sure we could have signed him for cheaper if we moved faster - maybe not pushovers certainly indecisive, because of that but you've opening it up now questioning people vendettas'. Now as i've pointed out I have no vendetta, I have valid grounds to be pissed off with how this aspect of the club is being run, I put it out there we are pushovers, but regardless of if we are not the club is most definetely failing in this area, in the Slimani case it was definetly desperate, panic and indecision.

Slimani was recommended by Walsh, correct, but he was unhappy with what Sporting were asking for, I believe he rated Slimani around £10 - £12m (His true value I would say) and wouldn't pay anymore, yet once he'd gone we panicked, were desperate and they pulled our pants down.

I think we had bids from Roma but I don't work for the club so can't be sure. We stood firm by our asking price and if nobody else made a bid, that was precisely because they knew we weren't pushovers and would hold firm. 

I've never seen anything from Walsh about what he valued Slimani and I doubt you have either. He certainly never said those kind of things in public so unless you've got a very well placed source inside the club I find it hard to believe you know what Walsh valued players at.

We did overpay for a lot of crap recommended by Walsh though and again appear to have overpayed for Iheanacho, and I guess you could describe us as pushovers for overpaying, but this thread is about selling players and there's not a single example of us being pushovers when selling players over the last few years imo.