Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Clever Fox

What Value Maguire and Mahrez now.?

11 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

I think we had bids from Roma but I don't work for the club so can't be sure. We stood firm by our asking price and if nobody else made a bid, that was precisely because they knew we weren't pushovers and would hold firm. 

I've never seen anything from Walsh about what he valued Slimani and I doubt you have either. He certainly never said those kind of things in public so unless you've got a very well placed source inside the club I find it hard to believe you know what Walsh valued players at.

We did overpay for a lot of crap recommended by Walsh though and again appear to have overpayed for Iheanacho, and I guess you could describe us as pushovers for overpaying, but this thread is about selling players and there's not a single example of us being pushovers when selling players over the last few years imo.

Tried to find it, I'm sure there was a report about it all, like i've said I know there the 'don't believe everything you read' e.t.c, but as fans that generally all we can work on and discuss.

This is the nearest I can find.

Like I said I could have swarn there was something more, an article on what i've claimed.

Just now, Walkers said:

How has this thread turned into Slimani?

Oh, hi Matt

I expect this from someone, No, not at all.

Read the conversation, see who mentioned Slimani first.

Besides Slimani has been mentioned in the conversation but if actually read it it's discuss the people who bought him in/Steve Walsh.

Now crawl back in your hole please :wave:

Although I like Maguire I think he was at fault for liverpools second goal he got to tight to salah. He did the same thing against Huddersfield. I would say 20m for Maguire and I think 40m on mahrez. I do think Maguire has been good for us but I don't think hes as good as what some fans think he is. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Although I like Maguire I think he was at fault for liverpools second goal he got to tight to salah. He did the same thing against Huddersfield. I would say 20m for Maguire and I think 40m on mahrez. I do think Maguire has been good for us but I don't think hes as good as what some fans think he is. 

lol As John McEnroe would say - You cannot be serious!

With the money that has been paid for far lesser players than these two, £20m and £40m would be laughed at. And rightfully so.

On 31/12/2017 at 15:12, winteriscoming said:

Do you no its 2018 and have saw the current market or you still in 2010??

Edited by lcfcdamo

On 01/01/2018 at 00:43, Dr The Singh said:

Maguire is all flash, he defensive frailties will hold him back.  We are as good as it gets for him

Needs to learn fast when to just clear it. Gets caught out at least once every game trying to be clever. 

• Like 1

In the Prem Mahrez is 70-80 million easy, in the Rest of Europe 50 million. Maguire if he improves some of his kinks I would say 30-50m.

Maguire will improve, I think a good defensive coach can coach the flashy mistakes out of him. Under a coach like pep I could see him being better than John Stones.

On 12/29/2017 at 23:11, Matt said:

About £20m for Maguire and still £50m for Mahrez...because they play for Leicester.

...and they know we're push overs.

I don't understand why people say this

If this was the case, Mahrez would be playing at Roma for a mere 30 million. 

Are we push overs because Kante was sold for only 30 million? Even though it was about 10 million more than his release clause?

If that **** Dijk is worth £75 million the WTF should Mahrez be worth?  Little short of a £100 million bid. 

Trouble is we are idiots and will settle for a figure that makes us seem what we are - FUCHING amateurs. 

As for Big Mag’s. Looking £25 easy and probably £40 million if he keeps this up all season. Bloke is literally class. 

IMO, people are wrong to bring Van Dijk's price tag when it comes to Mahrez. Apples and oranges. A quality defender with a certain ability on the ball is more difficult to find than a skilled attacking midfielder or winger.

With time and if Maguire irons his weaknesses out, he'll be invaluable. He's young and english also. Right now he must hover between 30-35M as he's not the finished product.

Mahrez would be around 50-55M in the current transfer window. 60-70M in the summer if he keeps this form.

Edited by ZeGuy

You'd be lucky to get more than £25-£30m for Maguire if we wanted to sell. Mahrez we'd still only get the £35 - £45m range IMO, I just don't think anyone would pay more than that and eventually he'll throw his toys out with bids reaching the £40m mark. 

With the transfer fees in the current market and taking into account the wealth of our owners, the contract he’s tied down to, achievements he’s achieved & his stats compared to players in his position across Europe along with his uniqueness & commercial value to a club he’s easily a £80m-£100m player.

• Like 1