Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You are definItely, the most intelligent fox fan, and far too clever for many on this forum...

Since I left the shores of England....

Its great some others, like yourself see reason, balance, integrity in thought, and quite nonchently put these Negative

Droning nay-sayers, into touch.  A true breath of fresh air, I am loving 2018 already......ps will you go out with me? 

4 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

I don't think Matty James is getting enough credit for his performance yesterday. The guy has been out for ages and hasn't started under Puel before, but slotted in like he'd been playing every week. Was really composed on the ball and showed himself to be an adequate stand-in for Iborra.

The more I read the more obvious it that some people take their pre conceived ideas of players into the game and just want let them drop. We all have our favourites and players we prefer over others, but peoples opinions before a ball is kicked so often are reflected in how they view the game.

• Like 1

Bear in mind James was keeping Drinkwater out of the team until his injury. Considering how long he has been laid up he put in a good performance. With the likes of James, Iborra, Ndidi, Silva & Co vying for midfield places we are not as poor in midfield as some are making out. My only criticism would be the shortage of goals coming from midfield and creativity in opening up defences but under Puel there are signs these weaknesses are already being addressed since we are relying much less on the 'hoof it and run' football we had been experiencing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bert said:

A slow and boring first half but a very enjoyable second half. 

Mahrez is simply world class. You could just tell he was going to have a big impact on the game. Also very pleased for Slimani. Offers us quite a lot that he'll not get credit for when he starts because when he comes on as a sub he is never anywhere near as effective as he was today. Albrighton was the good Albrighton today and if you are going on form then this lad surely must be knocking on the England door. 

Dragovic looked very assured too, never easy coming into a back line with a quarter of the game gone. I like him, must be a nightmare to play against. Was nice to see James start again, didn't think he played as well as a lot of people are saying, but he certainly got a lot better as the game went on. 

Always pleasing to keep a clean sheet and nice to get a win after a tough Christmas period where we could've easily picked up more points than we did. 

I think that is the thing with Dragovic, because he's the polar opposite of Morgan in that he doesn't shite himself when he gets the ball in a tricky situation his composure can sometimes look like sloppiness because he takes his time and doesn't fire the ball off within a millisecond and has a think about things.

I like him and think he can be a real gem given game time. 

I believe that Puel is doing a remarkable job of bringing the squad together, making all the fringe players feel part of his plans and you can see with the players it is making a difference.

To see James have the level of game he did shows that he is a big part of Claude's plans. He has a way to go mind but nevertheless, to be out of the picture for so long and put in a decent showing like that, he must be well chuffed.

If Claude can convince the players from the start that the ball isn't a grenade, we will be some outfit!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Colourmy said:

I think that is the thing with Dragovic, because he's the polar opposite of Morgan in that he doesn't shite himself when he gets the ball in a tricky situation his composure can sometimes look like sloppiness because he takes his time and doesn't fire the ball off within a millisecond and has a think about things.

I like him and think he can be a real gem given game time. 

I believe that Puel is doing a remarkable job of bringing the squad together, making all the fringe players feel part of his plans and you can see with the players it is making a difference.

To see James have the level of game he did shows that he is a big part of Claude's plans. He has a way to go mind but nevertheless, to be out of the picture for so long and put in a decent showing like that, he must be well chuffed.

If Claude can convince the players from the start that the ball isn't a grenade, we will be some outfit!

Could be  a blessing.. imagine having the calibre of Silva in the side but having Simpson Morgan who just hoof it every time lollol 

With Dragovic and Maguire both playing i dont think our key players will be dropping so deep to get the ball.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Unabomber said:

My initial point was about the comments before the game had even kicked off, not comments at HT

Hey Bomber, pre and match threads are becoming a parody of themselves, negativity is rife, people who watch matches and play computer games thinking they know better than the professionals! 

It astounds me that yesterday's game was not looked at more from the wider perspective, demanding schedule, changes in personnel due to injury, fatigue, rotation etc

Yes 1st half was dull after a bright start, then with tweaks, things clicking into place, the 2nd half was very good indeed! 

Personally I'm delighted with the way Puel has gone about his business so far, the tweaks and changes and different options we now have. I also love the fact he seems to like bringing on/playing the young home grown talent.

• Like 4

Good performance against Huddersfield who have been a solid outfit this season. Remained patient and a bit magic from Mahrez worked wonders, afterwards we created 2 very nice goals. Thought Slimani was superb yesterday. If he can offer that hold up play and aerial presence - both on offensively and defensively - on a regular basis then he should remain a key figure in our match day squad ahead of Ulloa. Albrighton was another standout performer.

The main positive though has to be our better retention and use of the ball in the midfield. That allowed us to play. We didn't do that well vs Palace, Man City, Liverpool and Watford (still don't know how we lost to them) with Ndidi not playing at a consistent level and some poor games from King and Iborra. Thought James looked accomplished and Silva showed some real quality, albeit in a brief cameo. I'm also a big fan of the ball playing vision we can offer with Maguire and Dragovic at the back - I think we need a longer look at Dragovic but would be very open to him joining on a permanent deal. 

45 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Good performance against Huddersfield who have been a solid outfit this season. Remained patient and a bit magic from Mahrez worked wonders, afterwards we created 2 very nice goals. Thought Slimani was superb yesterday. If he can offer that hold up play and aerial presence - both on offensively and defensively - on a regular basis then he should remain a key figure in our match day squad ahead of Ulloa. Albrighton was another standout performer.

The main positive though has to be our better retention and use of the ball in the midfield. That allowed us to play. We didn't do that well vs Palace, Man City, Liverpool and Watford (still don't know how we lost to them) with Ndidi not playing at a consistent level and some poor games from King and Iborra. Thought James looked accomplished and Silva showed some real quality, albeit in a brief cameo. I'm also a big fan of the ball playing vision we can offer with Maguire and Dragovic at the back - I think we need a longer look at Dragovic but would be very open to him joining on a permanent deal. 

Yes I would like to see more of Dragovic.Wes injury might be on of those history making periods, that teams have...

Simpsons injury, could be the making of Amartey, also Wes layoff, could boost Drago's career and he becomes

our next Austrian to become a crowd favourite like Fuchs. 

Our B.line could well have a totally different appearance to it, well before EOS, and lead to changes ,strengthening

developing  our whole team ethic. Add Silva/James, with Ndidi being given some time outs, a couple of additions

Or from the presently young loanees to return will give Puel and coaching staff

a great new squad base , to stamp their own Ideas and ethic into the foxes short and longtime future.

Fans now are on the front porch, waiting to see, if the house renovations, will be history making,

where the house-warming, will have us wanting and be greedy for  Puels-parties...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

James was solid and he was solid in the Brighton game too.

But it's the big games that worry me, against better/stronger/faster players. At Arsenal, for example, he was getting overrun all the time.

Weve got so used to having just two cms that we need to remind ourselves that having 4 or 5 is the norm... to cover injury ...to enable us to start 3... or to allow for tactical choice.

Edited by foxinsocks

Didn't realise drago was a loan -we should sign him .No fuss and stays on his feet I thought he did really well not a huge guy but very tidy and solid as against Wes who always looks a bit spectacular.

James and Nibdidi didn't come too deep like Ibora tends to and moved the ball quickly.The whole team was more compact and close together thanks partly to Slim second half who wasn't running away into the corners and held the ball/moved it nicely..It a different style but it worked against an average opposition.

Mahrez top class again ball to his mate was inch perfect maybe playing with Slim will help to keep him here

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

But it's the big games that worry me, against better/stronger/faster players. At Arsenal, for example, he was getting overrun all the time.

Against bigger teams all our players get overrun...a 2 man midfield, at that level, not matter what quality, never Good enough.

Just read what you wrote...Against..ARSENAL, the midfield team of all midfield teams in Europe..

EVen tho we put in a good team performance...they swarmed forward..James was not at fault, he cant be everywhere

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Thought he was far better in this game than Brighton, he was far more involved and dictated play more than that game.

Why worry about the games against those teams, it's not those games that dictate what happens in the seasons of clubs like Leicester particularly. Plus... Kante got overrun by Arsenal before, it's no indicator of whether they will be a good player for Leicester or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Hopefully he wont be playing in the big games. Ndidi, Iborra and Silva will smash any side.

Thought James grew into the game, in the first half he looked unfit or something. Hudders were shit though. Wonder if King will ever see the bench again.

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hopefully he wont be playing in the big games. Ndidi, Iborra and Silva will smash any side.

Thought James grew into the game, in the first half he looked unfit or something. Hudders were shit though. Wonder if King will ever see the bench again.

First half he was complete anonymous, though to be fair most of the team were poor. But I had completely forgotten James was on the pitch in the first half.  Second half he was brilliant. Better than he was against Brighton. 

As a 4th choice midfielder James is more than adequate I suppose. 

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

First half he weras complete anonymous, thou rgh to be fair most of the team were poor. But I had completely forgotten James was on the pitch in the first half.  Second half he was brilliant. Better than he was against Brighton. 

As a 4th choice midfielder James is more than adequate I suppose. 

The truth is, ( though I am a fan of James) presently we dont  know, how it will pan out for James. His playing quality and potential, will only be seen and can only be judged, after the lad

as a few games behind him, and a injury free run.

Looking at one side of the big picture...

#We now  have a manager and 2 coaches, that want and are willing to look at various permatations the squad Potentially can build,and  develope .

#We have players now across all Positions covering various  channels  lines and formations.

flexability, players.

#Puel and we if we look has found , even in the losses, that we do have a good squad that

has a good Bbone, even if/when we delve into the transfer market, hoping to improve the whole.

# Slimani, Amartey, James -from injury after Gray and Chilwell, have been integrated from the .

Fringe ,With Dragovic, we have not a reliable 13-14 man squad, but a more confident looking

16-18 squad, not forgetting some Talented youngsters out on loan waiting to Pounce and be

given their chance, either before the EOS, or biting at the bit for next season.

#We are all holding our breath, a)  to see if Mahrez stays..b) If Silva can fill that 

much needed void in midfield c) If we/Puel can add  cover or quality choice to the squad.

# Another open question is, can this forum find itself again. That the consistent whiners, consistent moaners, and nay-sayers, start to understand, you cant change a fking thing,

SO !!  Start to enjoy the ups and downs, the hiccips and burps, Aswell sheer bliss moments,

For our Individuals and the team , its just the only thing you can do, so accept that enjoyment

of footy-entertainment, It is the Whole  drama Spectrum it entails and brings.

After proving, how miserable and hard you can be, and what potential you may have,in competing for Alan Sugars chair

Weather brings/has various fronts,Whereas misery-guts, grumpy Gits,

Nay-sayers, keep their sorry disposition and frustrating fronts through their whole life...

Unless they stumble over scrooge moments...and are enlightened from free spirits like myself....Hic...:rolleyes:...:scarf:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

The more I read the more obvious it that some people take their pre conceived ideas of players into the game and just want let them drop. We all have our favourites and players we prefer over others, but peoples opinions before a ball is kicked so often are reflected in how they view the game.

Isn't your 'pre conceived' idea of James that he's very good and actually much better than he really is?

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Isn't your 'pre conceived' idea of James that he's very good and actually much better than he really is?

Thats the positive vibes...@babylon is spreading the 2018 positive  waves...

One gives 1st the full credit of all  that potential, that maybe pushed forward.

The trashing only comes, when the dustbin men start their rounds...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats the positive vibes...@babylon is spreading the 2018 positive  waves...

One gives 1st the full credit of all  that potential, that maybe pushed forward.

The trashing only comes, when the dustbin men start their rounds...

No, it's a preconceived idea of a player that pretty much shapes how one sees that player when they are watching him.

Babe ain't spreading no waves. He's being Babs

Edited by Col city fan

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

And yet arsenals comeback came when he and shinji came off...