Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Robert Huth

If the club are backing Puel going forwards and are pleased with the style of play he is trying to implement then I don't see Huth having much of future with due to the change in style of play, his age, and 'timely' coincidence of his injury and contract expiration date. Rightly or wrongly, unless we make Europa League, I think he'll be gone sadly. 

His contract runs out in the summer. It will be sad if he disappears without anybody noticing. He's a dying breed. Huth would have loved playing with Taggart, Walsh and Elliott. 

Will have fond memories of the fella.  Never forget when Louis van Gaal accused Huth of engaging in sex masochism at Old Trafford. 

Edited by Koke
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

His contract runs out in the summer. It will be sad if he disappears without anybody noticing. He's a dying breed. Huth would have loved playing with Taggart, Walsh and Elliott. 

Will have fond memories of the fella.  Never forget when Louis van Gaal accused Huth of engaging in sex masochism at Old Trafford. 

Fvck that. Huth king of free kicks lollol If only, that one free kick will make him legend lollol 

Robert Huth has been a critical part of this squad for the past 3 and a bit years. He will go down as a legend as part of the title winning team. Unfortunately I think age and wear and tear seems to have caught up. I see his level being in the Championship nowadays and he would be an asset for anybody with promotion aspirations in that league next year. 

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

What's actually wrong with him? He was playing for the U23s a few months back. Has he gad an injury relapse or is he just not able to cut at the highest level anymore? 

Huth was with the squad in Marbella last month. Although he doesn't seem to be in the Belvoir Drive training pics, so he's probably just been given the rest of the season off. Benny might have been told the same as he was in Tunisia with family during the Brighton game. I think they've both got so many players ahead of them now that they can't make the squad. Not much point keeping them fit if they're not going to be playing again before their contracts run out. Plus the actual U23s deserve to be playing their own games for their title run-in.

Edited by brucey

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Robert Huth has been a critical part of this squad for the past 3 and a bit years. He will go down as a legend as part of the title winning team. Unfortunately I think age and wear and tear seems to have caught up. I see his level being in the Championship nowadays and he would be an asset for anybody with promotion aspirations in that league next year. 

How come you don’t think he is good enough for a Premier League team anymore?

You might be forgetting that Sol Bamba is about to become a premier league player next season.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

How people can argue that he isn’t a club legend absolutely baffles me. He was a huge part in us winning the title.

More to the point would we have been in the prem to win it.

Huth really don't get the credit he deserves.

I personally would rather another Huth than another mardi Mahrez.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

More to the point would we have been in the prem to win it.

Huth really don't get the credit he deserves.

I personally would rather another Huth than another mardi Mahrez.

Not sure about the Mahrez bit.

If Huth had anything left in the tank he would be featuring which makes me believe his injury has taken hold. Similar to Matty James. Both would be excellent acquisitions for a Championship team, but obviously their bodies can't take the intensity of top flight football. 

Bamba may be a Premier player next season, but it will be short lived. When I have seen him play this year, Warnock seems to have drilled in to him more defensive discipline. Can't recall him doing many Cruyff turns in his penalty area when I've seen him. 

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

If Huth had anything left in the tank he would be featuring which makes me believe his injury has taken hold. Similar to Matty James. Both would be excellent acquisitions for a Championship team, but obviously their bodies can't take the intensity of top flight football. 

Bamba may be a Premier player next season, but it will be short lived. When I have seen him play this year, Warnock seems to have drilled in to him more defensive discipline. Can't recall him doing many Cruyff turns in his penalty area when I've seen him. 

Maybe, there were rumours that he was having pain killing injections every week in the run in to us winning the league.

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

As far as I see it every player in the starting 11 of the title team are/will be legends. In 20yrs time you fans will want dads and grandads to tell them the team that won the league.  And for all the haters even Simmo will be on that list.

The kids won't really care who Banks, Shilton, Gibson, Lineker, Walsh or whoever where. 

The kids won't want to know about Lloyd Dyer or Knocky or Nigel Pearson. But they will all know Ranners.

Then for the naughty kids at bed time parents will shout "If you don't go to sleep now Rudkin will come and get you" lollol 

They shouldn’t worry, he’ll have given them a release clause of about 12p.

30 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

His injury was worse than expected. If he's in the squad for more than 10 games this year, he's owed a new contract - club want to move on which is why he hasn't featured.

41 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

His injury was worse than expected. If he's in the squad for more than 10 games this year, he's owed a new contract - club want to move on which is why he hasn't featured.

Ruthless but perhaps necessary.

Remember his face when he signed for rock bottom Leicester in January '15?

He looks like he's just been given a parking ticket.

download.jpeg.5c9f3fe5a4946b7d6569845b9c473d81.jpeg

Little did he know what was around the corner!

images.jpeg.dc3ca12c822332507b3c98d9fa785268.jpeg

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

Remember his face when he signed for rock bottom Leicester in January '15?

He looks like he's just been given a parking ticket.

download.jpeg.5c9f3fe5a4946b7d6569845b9c473d81.jpeg

Little did he know what was around the corner!

images.jpeg.dc3ca12c822332507b3c98d9fa785268.jpeg

You could argue that he was more important to the title win than NG - without his arrival in jan 15 does anyone think we would have managed to pull off the great eascape? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You could argue that he was more important to the title win than NG - without his arrival in jan 15 does anyone think we would have managed to pull off the great eascape? 

I kind of see your point in that he was a huge part in us staying up.

I really dont think you can claim he was more important in winning the title than Kante though. I didnt see Huth leading us to a second premier league title after that sweet little wizard left us.

You could just keep going back and say that Tunchev, Dyer and Fryatt played an important role as well haha.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I really dont think you can claim he was more important in winning the title than Kante though. I didnt see Huth leading us to a second premier league title after that sweet little wizard left us.

You could just keep going back and say that Tunchev, Dyer and Fryatt played an important role as well haha.

See your point but that aside he was one of the most important signings in the history of our Club.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

No great escape = no title 

no huth = no great escape 

momentum from great escape was vital to the title winning season - it’s very connected.

I think it’s quite a valid argument.

you could add without his goals at WHL and the etihaad we may not have triumphed but actually I see that as more tenuous. 

As for last season, we went out of the CL when he was suspended. He and benny were immense in Madrid. 

Its a debate you could have - no more than that. 

• Like 2