Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Robert Huth

Turned out to be another incredible piece of business for us. That signing alone, probably saved us from relegation that season. He was that important to us. 

Difficult to judge where he is at now, considering he hasn't played all season and his age, but with Wes performing well alongside Maguire, and Dragovic in my opinion earning a permanent deal here, as well as Amartey being an option, I sadly wouldn't offer Huth an extension. 

Keep Wes for 1 more season. Sign Dragovic. Use Amartey as a CB like his country do to good effect and sign another decent CB, perhaps younger or bed in one of our own from the development/reserve squad, ready to replace Big Wes eventually. 

Huth is probably still good enough to get a 1-2 year deal at a top Championship club - perhaps one of the relegated teams such as WBA or Stoke will be interested. 

I'll remember him for that beast of a header against Spurs to snatch a 1-0 win in our title winning season! 

Hope he gets one last run out for us this season, even if just a short appearance from the bench! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Claude Puel has pledged to show Robert Huth the utmost respect for his achievements with the club, and he has hinted he may give the German defender a game before the end of the season.

The 33-year-old is out of contract this summer and has not featured in the first team this season, despite recovering from ankle and foot injuries.

Huth has been training hard but he has fallen behind Harry Maguire, Wes Morgan and Aleksandar Dragovic in the pecking order, with Yohan Benalouane also an option for Puel.

Huth, a key figure in City’s Premier League title success and Champions League campaign, is expected to move on this summer, but Puel said talks would be held with Huth.

“We will see the different situations at the end of the season,” he said.

“Robert finishes his contract, we will have a discussion and all the players about their future.

“I don’t want to give an explanation about all the players at the moment.

“We will see, if it’s possible, I’d like to (give him a game). He’s trained well with a good spirit. He’s a valuable player for the mentality of the squad.

“I want to respect him.”

The title-winning squad is slowly evolving and there are changes expected to the squad this summer.

Puel said it was important City kept developing the squad and looking to the future, as the entire club is developing too.

“For the moment, it’s important to finish strongly this season,” he said.

“I think a lot of players improve, the ones that won the title two years ago continue to improve.

“The Premier League changes also, a lot of teams change their style, and manage their team with solidity.

“It’s important to teams develop options to play against any opponent.

“It’s interesting, if they can make progress and continue in this way, why not of course.”

Hes had a really good career,and topped it off,with us.

He goes down as one of the great escape and title legends.

There is no need to compare the various players against each other,he

Like others was a great Individual and important part of the whole.

Like to see him stay for another year,for cover and to help the young defenders.

Edited by fuchsntf

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Hes had a really good career,and topped it off,with us.

He goes down as one of the great escape and title legends.

There is no need to compare the various players against each other,he

Like others was a great Individual and important part of the whole.

Like to see him stay for another year,for cover and to help the young defenders.

I personally don't see that we can keep both Morgan & Huth . We need to start building a younger nucleus on the back line.

Huth on for a hat trick - away at City.

A line you will never forget.Very experienced player and suffered when the refs tightened up a bit on holding etc.

Scored a few very important goals and nearly killed a duck on the canal with a free kick - captain for a game would be excellent.

• Haha 2

On 4/2/2018 at 22:18, RumbleFox said:

I'm gonna say it..........

Club Legend.  X

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Club.  Legend.  X

Just in case we didn't hear you first time :P

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

On 04/04/2018 at 19:17, Karljohn said:

Hopefully give him a 1 year deal like they did with Wasyl. 

Cant see why not, if he's over his injury...didn't lose his place because of poor form..

younger than Wes...not much older than Milner,whos playing a big part in the Liverpool side and John Terry was 36 when he captained Chelsea to the Premier League title. Hes looked after himself as regards general fitness throughout his career, often used to cycle into training. 

On 04/04/2018 at 08:11, filbertway said:

I kind of see your point in that he was a huge part in us staying up.

I really dont think you can claim he was more important in winning the title than Kante though. I didnt see Huth leading us to a second premier league title after that sweet little wizard left us.

You could just keep going back and say that Tunchev, Dyer and Fryatt played an important role as well haha.

Didn't see kante score twice at the emptihad or the winner at WHL :thumbup:

49 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Sam Hughes and Harry Maguire? 

Is Sam Hughes ready ?? 21 years old. I would love to us bring on some academy players next season. Probably need four CBs in the squad though so those two plus hopefully Drago & one more.  

3 hours ago, Finley Parsons said:

Would respect Puel if he does this. Huthy deserves one more run out, will be disappointing if he doesn’t ever come on like Was, was anyone else really frustrated with Shakespeare when he didn’t bring him on when he was warming up for a good 15 mins?

This actually made me angry on the day. 

Wouldnt mind Huth making a last appearance but would rather an academy lad get some time.

51 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

This actually made me angry on the day. 

Wouldnt mind Huth making a last appearance but would rather an academy lad get some time.

No reason we can’t do both