Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Robert Huth

27 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I'm gonna say it..........

Club Legend.  X

I know what you mean and I understand why people would say that.

I just have a bit of a problem calling someone who's 208th on our all time appearance list a 'club legend'.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Valid point. However I would say Huth has done more in his number of appearances for our club, than the majority of players who have more appearances than him. Huth hugely helped us avoid relegation when we looked almost certain to go down. And then he was a vital part of the side that won the league. I would say club legend is fair. But then it depends what we class as a club legend. 

Yeah, I totally get that. We had a thread last year on how you define a club legend and there were many, many differing views. One that I liked was that you had to be synonymous with one club as well as winning stuff etc. to be classed a true club legend. I guess Stoke fans may therefore also call Huth a legend as he's made more appearances for them.

Anyway, I digress. He's been brilliant for us and it will be a real shame if he doesn't play for us again. 

• Like 1

One of the most crucial figures in our recent history. Unfortunately, a dying breed of centre back, on his day is hands down one of the toughest centre halves to play against. 

And he scored a brace against Man City, can't forget that ?

• Like 1

Big Bobby is/was my favourite player. I just love the man.

Without doubt we owe as much to him as we do Kante / Mahrez. 

Im surprised he isn't near the first team I would love to see him play alongside Maguire. 

We have definately missed him on set pieces and he is just the personality / big image guy we need at the club.

Offer him a new player / coach deal.

I mean can anyone name a thing he has done wrong during his time here?

My son was at his flat on Friday ( his girlfriend’s family are looking for a place to buy/rent ). Just because Huth is possibly moving, means absolutely nothing, but l don’t think we’ll see him playing again either way. 

7 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Big Bobby is/was my favourite player. I just love the man.

Without doubt we owe as much to him as we do Kante / Mahrez. 

Im surprised he isn't near the first team I would love to see him play alongside Maguire. 

We have definately missed him on set pieces and he is just the personality / big image guy we need at the club.

Offer him a new player / coach deal.

I mean can anyone name a thing he has done wrong during his time here?

'that' free kick!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I just have a bit of a problem calling someone who's 208th on our all time appearance list a 'club legend'.

If Puel gives him the last fifteen minutes at spuds and he breaks Dippy Ali's legs he's a fvcking hero and a LEGEND.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Woof said:

I'll never forget the club twitter account saying "If you are just joining us at half time, Leicester are 2-0 up and Huth is on a hat trick":)

The tweet said we were 3-0, it’s almost like you have forgotten.

Its a shame that he's going to disappear without anyone really saying anything about him? His he injured still? does Puel just not want to pick him or does he have some sort of clause in his contract that comes into practice if he plays for us again?

10 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Not sure why legend has to be tied into appearances, his signing transformed us from relegation fodder and was influential in us winning the title. Everyone who won the league should be a "legend" as they will all be talked about forever.

Top tier "legend" status with the likes of Walsh, Vardy... and apparently Andy King, probably not. But he's on the next run of the ladder for sure.

• Like 1

Legend is personal everyone has a different gauge so if someone says someone is a legend we should just accept that they are that person's legend.

We shown before that there isn't a single outstanding player in the history of the club that everyone can agree on for a single statue.

• Like 2