Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

16 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Rain for us all day tomorrow though mate ...    :(    

Yep, looks like it. Poked my head out of the door first thing this morning and there is a large puddle in the new paving just outside my door. I did the rest of the paving at my house myself, but now ten years older, and with a hernia, I thought I ought to pay someone else to do it. No puddles at all in the paving I did. I could get the fella back to sort it out but generally he did such a lash up I think I would be better putting it right myself.

This has got a little bit far from dogs - my fault - but when I used to walk a friend's dog Peggy would always insist on shaking herself dry after the walk just inside the house. Not just outside the door where you would like it to happen!!!

16 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Yep, looks like it. Poked my head out of the door first thing this morning and there is a large puddle in the new paving just outside my door. I did the rest of the paving at my house myself, but now ten years older, and with a hernia, I thought I ought to pay someone else to do it. No puddles at all in the paving I did. I could get the fella back to sort it out but generally he did such a lash up I think I would be better putting it right myself.

This has got a little bit far from dogs - my fault - but when I used to walk a friend's dog Peggy would always insist on shaking herself dry after the walk just inside the house. Not just outside the door where you would like it to happen!!!

Talking of puddles ...   there’s 2 on the kitchen floor under each dog as we speak ...   they have been sat there dripping and staring at me as I ate my fried eggs on toast ...   they want me to chuck their ball ...    well they can fook off ! ...   I’ve already had one soaking this morning taking them on a nice long walk ! ...      dogs eh,  who’d have em ...   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Husky was on CBD oil for epilepsy and my mums dog gets very bad anxiety due to the fire works at this time of year so I gave her some to give to him.

Call her on Thursday to ask how he’s been and tell her she can probably up it from 1 drop to 2 now.... she’s only been giving him 6 (SIX) a day to start with “He’s got his youth back” she says ????

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/11/2018 at 19:15, Countryfox said:

Here’s snoozy catching up on some sleep ...   the fireworks going off and then the fire brigade whizzing by kept her awake most of last night ...    anyway @Webbo  as an aside ....   what colour is the cupboard behind her ??? ....   

7E1AC93B-D2D9-4242-8907-21728E4D92ED.jpeg

She is a beautiful girl.  

• Thanks 1

All a bit emotional here at the moment on the dog front.  It is highly likely we are moving to Sydney in February, and it takes 7 months to go through the dog immigration process.  We have with a very heavy heart decided that it is not fair to leave our lovely Zara in kennels for months before flying here over to Sydney, where we will be busy enjoying a new city.  So, it turns out the dad of one of my daughters classmates is a Police Dog handling instructor, and so Zara is off to try out for police dog training.  She is frankly going to bloody love every minute of it -the guy had her attention 100% from the minute he walked in the door.  Fingers crossed it is an exciting new start for all of us.  

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

All a bit emotional here at the moment on the dog front.  It is highly likely we are moving to Sydney in February, and it takes 7 months to go through the dog immigration process.  We have with a very heavy heart decided that it is not fair to leave our lovely Zara in kennels for months before flying here over to Sydney, where we will be busy enjoying a new city.  So, it turns out the dad of one of my daughters classmates is a Police Dog handling instructor, and so Zara is off to try out for police dog training.  She is frankly going to bloody love every minute of it -the guy had her attention 100% from the minute he walked in the door.  Fingers crossed it is an exciting new start for all of us.  

i thought the dog emigrating process had been streamlined since the introduction of doggy passports? i was under the impression that as long as the dog was fit and healthy and had a valid passport, 10-14 days in quarantine over in Oz was all it took?

58 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

i thought the dog emigrating process had been streamlined since the introduction of doggy passports? i was under the impression that as long as the dog was fit and healthy and had a valid passport, 10-14 days in quarantine over in Oz was all it took?

She doesn't have a dog passport, so she has to have her Rabies shot now, then a test after 30 days, then another test after 180 days, then she can fly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2018 at 12:48, Jon the Hat said:

A dog is part of the family, absolutely destroyed me to have to put my 15yr old lab to sleep, which along with a couple of other things at the time spiralled me down into the depths of depression. It's 7 months,  during which the dog will be well cared for. Please make plans for your new life to include your family member, after all you wouldn't leave a child behind, whilst you were busy enjoying a new city. Please reconsider 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2018 at 19:15, Countryfox said:

Here’s snoozy catching up on some sleep ...   the fireworks going off and then the fire brigade whizzing by kept her awake most of last night ...    anyway @Webbo  as an aside ....   what colour is the cupboard behind her ??? ....   

7E1AC93B-D2D9-4242-8907-21728E4D92ED.jpeg

I would hope with a dog that size there is no chance you will ever get burgled! Cerulean blue??? Farrow and Ball featured for the first time on Foxestalk?

29 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

I would hope with a dog that size there is no chance you will ever get burgled! Cerulean blue??? Farrow and Ball featured for the first time on Foxestalk?

You should see her big brother ! ...      and good guess, but it is in fact ....     Air Force Blue ..     :thumbup: