Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 13:22, Countryfox said:

It hasn’t decided yet ...   when ‘they’ are a bit older ‘they’ will decide  ‘themselves’ on what sex and breed ‘they’ are ...    :)

In the meantime he/she/they/it will just be known as dog ....    

He's just informed me he's a T-Rex

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Brought a Cocker spaniel puppy at the weekend, just looking for tips on brands of feed. He's been weened off his mum and is currently having Harrington's shall i keep him on it or which to a more nutritious brand? 

Simpsons is very good ...  check through for their pup foods ...   all in one dry food is the way to go ...   I buy through Zooplus ...   great price and free next day delivery ...   :thumbup:

P.S. ...  just add a few drops of cod liver oil ...   and don’t go mad on the treats.

31 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Brought a Cocker spaniel puppy at the weekend, just looking for tips on brands of feed. He's been weened off his mum and is currently having Harrington's shall i keep him on it or which to a more nutritious brand? 

Congratulations on the new arrival.  I'm sure that you're new pup will bring you joy and drive you up the wall at the same time!

You could ask your breeder or vet for advice on food but if I were you, number 1 priority would be to get him insured.  

On 04/10/2019 at 07:32, somebum said:

Love all your pictures of dogs.

My two are now sadly passed on, I love them so much. They gave me the greatest times of my life; in fact saved my life. Had them over ten years. 

It's been over 4 years since losing the first and over a year since the second. I'm not ashamed to say I still cry most days. They were my greatest friends. Please give all your dogs a big hug! And maybe a biscuit ...

Have you considered getting another dog?

51 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Can't offer any tips sadly, but can we get a picture of the dog pls 

17 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

our dog has always been on Arden Grange - it was pretty much the only food that didn't play havoc with him JhLnK0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Had to take my mums dog to be put to sleep last week. 11 year old Staff that I had as a really young puppy who deteriorated pretty quickly, bless him.

Sorry to hear that - this is the only problem with having dogs, we become so bloody attached to them which makes it all the more difficult that they don't live as long as we do.

i'm sure you had some great memories in that 11 years though which you'll always have.

• Like 3

On 06/11/2019 at 17:51, Silebyfox_89 said:

In my experience cockers aren't bothered what they eat as long as it fits into their mouth. lol

• Thanks 1

On 06/11/2019 at 19:31, murphy said:

Have you considered getting another dog?

I have, but my situation is totally different now and I need to be sure that I can give her/him my 100% devotion; although I know I will, it's also a case of ensuring other people will, if you know what I mean. 

This and as you probably can tell in my other post, I am still hurting a lot, but I know I have more to give, and there is a dog out there waiting for me. It's a strong subject to me. Dogs shaped my life. 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2019 at 15:20, somebum said:

I have, but my situation is totally different now and I need to be sure that I can give her/him my 100% devotion; although I know I will, it's also a case of ensuring other people will, if you know what I mean. 

This and as you probably can tell in my other post, I am still hurting a lot, but I know I have more to give, and there is a dog out there waiting for me. It's a strong subject to me. Dogs shaped my life. 

It’ll be a lucky dog!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...