Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

So, it's been a interesting week in our house. You may remember last year one of our dogs had a litter of four but unfortunately one was still born and another died after a day or two. We decided to have another litter with our other dog and on Monday morning she had a long labour (I was up with her all night on the Sunday). On Monday at around 7am she suddenly dropped the first pup and totally ignored it. The pup was lifeless and not breathing. I gave it mouth to mouth and rubbed him whilst shouting my wife to get out of bed. She came down and carried on trying to get him to breathe and he was - but very very slowly. He didn't move at all and half an hour later number two came out - this time the mum did her stuff and pups 2,3,4 and 5 all born over the next hour or so absolutely fine. In the meantime Pup 1 is still wrapped in a blanket and assumed to have not made it. Suddenly he kind of "gurgles" a bit and starts moving. Amazingly he seems to come round although I am still really concerned about him. So we have a litter of five at this point, one of which we don't think will make it. Over TWO HOURS after pup 5 is born and we assume that is it, my missus goes in to check on them and discovers a sixth puppy in the whelping box still in it's birth sack! It looks and feels dead but once again, my missus breathes into it and rubs it and it comes to life. Spent the next four days literally watching them 24 hours a day making sure they were feeding and weighing them regularly to confirm weight gain.

So here we are one week in and amazingly we seem to have SIX healthy pups who are all feeding well and gaining weight. Six big fat puppies. I can't believe they have all made it this far! Pup No. 1 and Pup No. 6 are nothing short of a miracle!

Some pics attached!

IMG-20190110-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190111-WA0021.jpg

Great story ! ...   glad to hear mum and pups doing well ...    and well done to you and the missus !!

They look little beauties !!

Missing my pair as on hols at the moment ..   soon be back though  ! ...    :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Great story ! ...   glad to hear mum and pups doing well ...    and well done to you and the missus !!

They look little beauties !!

Missing my pair as on hols at the moment ..   soon be back though  ! ...    :)

mate, they're doing great and mum has been amazing. I think she was in shock when the first one came out. I was just sat here in the kitchen drinking my tea when I saw the pup just lying there! But she soon got the hang of it!

Have a camera downstairs streaming up to my phone by the bed - like a baby monitor - so I can keep an eye on them overnight. (Last night I forgot I'd switched my wifi off so it nailed all my data!)

I'm feeling more confident now they've survived and thrived the first week that they will be ok. I really hope so. Can't wait until a week or two when their eyes are open and they running round all over the shop!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

mate, they're doing great and mum has been amazing. I think she was in shock when the first one came out. I was just sat here in the kitchen drinking my tea when I saw the pup just lying there! But she soon got the hang of it!

Have a camera downstairs streaming up to my phone by the bed - like a baby monitor - so I can keep an eye on them overnight. (Last night I forgot I'd switched my wifi off so it nailed all my data!)

I'm feeling more confident now they've survived and thrived the first week that they will be ok. I really hope so. Can't wait until a week or two when their eyes are open and they running round all over the shop!

Beautiful dogs mate, well done for not giving up on the pups:thumbup: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Quick pupdate! Now about 12 days old. All six pups doing really well. Eyes beginning to open. Mum also doing well and able to leave the pups for quick walks and stuff. 

Now comes the task of trying to find suitable owners for them all! 

Beautiful !! ...   and make sure they are suitable owners Stripey ! ...  :thumbup:

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Beautiful !! ...   and make sure they are suitable owners Stripey ! ...  :thumbup:

Yeah will do mate. The girl has been snapped up already to a recently retired couple who live near the beach in Yorkshire. She says they walk miles every day. Perfect. I'll only sell to people who i think can give them a good home. We turned down a young couple in the last litter. They were lovely but they'd only just moved in together, early 20's, both working 5 days a week and it didn't seem right. Probably they would have been lovely owners but it didn't seem like they were really ready... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Yeah will do mate. The girl has been snapped up already to a recently retired couple who live near the beach in Yorkshire. She says they walk miles every day. Perfect. I'll only sell to people who i think can give them a good home. We turned down a young couple in the last litter. They were lovely but they'd only just moved in together, early 20's, both working 5 days a week and it didn't seem right. Probably they would have been lovely owners but it didn't seem like they were really ready... 

I need to stop looking at the ridiculous cute pictures or I'll be begging for one. lol

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Good call.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd best update on the puppies. Now around four and a half weeks old and all doing really well, as is mum. Started weaning them this week which is funny as they prefer to bath in the food rather than eat it!

Have found homes for five of them so far. Tried really hard to vet people so I know they are aware of what they are getting themselves in to! People who have owned dogs before preferred, especially if they've had Springers. 

IMG-20190207-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190206-WA0006.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:10, stripeyfox said:

So, it's been a interesting week in our house. You may remember last year one of our dogs had a litter of four but unfortunately one was still born and another died after a day or two. We decided to have another litter with our other dog and on Monday morning she had a long labour (I was up with her all night on the Sunday). On Monday at around 7am she suddenly dropped the first pup and totally ignored it. The pup was lifeless and not breathing. I gave it mouth to mouth and rubbed him whilst shouting my wife to get out of bed. She came down and carried on trying to get him to breathe and he was - but very very slowly. He didn't move at all and half an hour later number two came out - this time the mum did her stuff and pups 2,3,4 and 5 all born over the next hour or so absolutely fine. In the meantime Pup 1 is still wrapped in a blanket and assumed to have not made it. Suddenly he kind of "gurgles" a bit and starts moving. Amazingly he seems to come round although I am still really concerned about him. So we have a litter of five at this point, one of which we don't think will make it. Over TWO HOURS after pup 5 is born and we assume that is it, my missus goes in to check on them and discovers a sixth puppy in the whelping box still in it's birth sack! It looks and feels dead but once again, my missus breathes into it and rubs it and it comes to life. Spent the next four days literally watching them 24 hours a day making sure they were feeding and weighing them regularly to confirm weight gain.

So here we are one week in and amazingly we seem to have SIX healthy pups who are all feeding well and gaining weight. Six big fat puppies. I can't believe they have all made it this far! Pup No. 1 and Pup No. 6 are nothing short of a miracle!

Some pics attached!

IMG-20190110-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190111-WA0021.jpg

You can't have those in any house I rent out as you will stink the place out. :dry: :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

tbf they do stink a bit

They are puppies and cute ones at that. ;) Pets stink from time to time after all our cat sometimes still uses her litter tray and it is difficult to believe that such a stink could come from a small cat like that. :revenge:

1 hour ago, Steven said:

They are puppies and cute ones at that. ;) Pets stink from time to time after all our cat sometimes still uses her litter tray and it is difficult to believe that such a stink could come from a small cat like that. :revenge:

I know! We have to change the bedding (newspaper) every couple of hours or so and it will only get worse in the next few weeks!

Last night we changed the bedding and sat down to watch tv. Next thing it smells like the sewer has burst open - go in there and there's a tiny turd - smaller than a baby's finger but it manages to stink out the whole house!

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Here's the six puppies now 8 weeks old and ready for their new homes. Three have already been collected and the others will be leaving us in the next few days!

IMG-20190302-WA0003.jpg

They are all a credit to you and their mother. They look bright, happy and healthy! :D

• Like 1