Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

14 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

It's so frustrating how's there's literally no decent pubs around the station or en route from the station to the ground. I come in from Barrow and find myself drinking at Hotel Brooklyn which is essentially having a pint at an upmarket Premier Inn. Even more frustrating when you compare this to Nottingham where there's loads of good pubs within 2 minutes of the station. I'll give the Real Ale Classroom ago for the Plymouth game but it's still a slight detour. Would happily sack off the station redevelopment to have the Parcel Yard back lol

What about the barley mow? Is it still going?

Doing a 12 pubs of Christmas in a couple of weeks lol

Haven't been in many of these as I no longer live in the city.

Blue Boar

Two-Tailed Lion

Rutland and Derby

Knight and Garter 

The Gadabout

The Globe

The Tree

Apres Lounge

45 West

Sommar

Inside No. 9

Roxy Ballroom 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, westernpark said:

What didn’t you like about the kings head out of interest?

The Hind keeps their cask well, they had four to choose from.

I went about 3/4 years ago. I just thought it was a bit bland and depressing inside. Has it changed much over the last 4 years? I'll give it another go. 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

An afternoon spent in the Salmon, Cherry Tree and Castle. I can’t wait!

Sounds great. The Castle is the same owner as the White Hart in Loughborough which is a brilliant pub. I'm going to do a bit of a pub crawl for the Rotherham game before Xmas so will deffo be ticking that one off!

My painter is proper old school (only drinks real ale) and he will only go to the Salmon in Leicester lol

Used to go to the Cherry Tree when I was 17 as it was easy to get served haha

What are your favourite village and suburb pubs in Leicestershire out of interest?

Edited by Chris_OGrady

14 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I went about 3/4 years ago. I just thought it was a bit bland and depressing inside. Has it changed much over the last 4 years? I'll give it another go. 

Sounds great. It's the same owner as the White Hart in Loughborough which is a brilliant pub. I'm going to do a bit of a pub crawl for the Rotherham game before Xmas so will deffo be ticking that one off!

My painter is proper old school (only drinks real ale) and he will only go to the Salmon in Leicester lol

Used to go to the Cherry Tree when I was 17 as it was easy to get served haha

What are your favourite village and suburb pubs in Leicestershire out of interest?

I think it’s very good on matchday (Kings Head), I don’t find it bland but could understand your reaction on certain days in the week. As for real ale, Kings Head and Salmon are the same pub essentially and with a couple of landlord changes at the salmon, I would say the Kings Head marginally keeps its beer better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Blue Boar

Two-Tailed Lion

Rutland and Derby

Knight and Garter 

The Gadabout

The Globe

The Tree

Apres Lounge

45 West

Sommar

Inside No. 9

Roxy Ballroom 

Got to add King Richard iii to that

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Crikey, 12 is a stretch. 13 and it might be an unlucky number! 

What would you swap out? Given that there is a "route" of sorts to follow. 

Not gonna lie I don't live in Leicester anymore so unsure on the location of some of those. Also I'm not sure King Rich is the same anymore, it got turned into a restaurant I believe but now it's a pub again. I used to work there back in the day

Edit: assuming "the tree" is the orange tree then it's just around the corner on High cross street 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Blue Boar

Two-Tailed Lion

Rutland and Derby

Knight and Garter 

The Gadabout

The Globe

The Tree

Apres Lounge

45 West

Sommar

Inside No. 9

Roxy Ballroom 

Bar one or two, all those venues are very different. Certainly won’t be boring.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Not gonna lie I don't live in Leicester anymore so unsure on the location of some of those. Also I'm not sure King Rich is the same anymore, it got turned into a restaurant I believe but now it's a pub again. I used to work there back in the day

I wouldn’t bother with it, unless you like a disco on a Monday afternoon. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Blue Boar

Two-Tailed Lion

Rutland and Derby

Knight and Garter 

The Gadabout

The Globe

The Tree

Apres Lounge

45 West

Sommar

Inside No. 9

Roxy Ballroom 

Be amazed if you get in Apres - if you’ve done at least five pubs before 

Looking for somewhere to have a few drinks in town, after a meal on Friday night. Going to Tamantanga to eat with friends (we're all quite old) and looking for suggestions for a couple of hours post meal - 9 to 11pm. Not necessarily a pub, nice bar type place would be fine. Any suggestions?

39 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Looking for somewhere to have a few drinks in town, after a meal on Friday night. Going to Tamantanga to eat with friends (we're all quite old) and looking for suggestions for a couple of hours post meal - 9 to 11pm. Not necessarily a pub, nice bar type place would be fine. Any suggestions?

Queen of Bradgate just around the corner - not been in for a while but usually a good crowd in there and decent selection of beers.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Queen of Bradgate just around the corner - not been in for a while but usually a good crowd in there and decent selection of beers.

They wouldn’t be able to hear each other speak in QOB at that time on a Friday. But to be honest for a decent bar I’m struggling in Leicester, so it’s not the worse shout.