Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

On 11/02/2024 at 12:57, Out Foxed said:

they should have a facebook group according to the landlord. i was in there second friday of Jan as i randomly stumbled on the place when showing someone around town.

They've got nothing. 

I don't understand when pubs are so bad at this stuff. 

Does anyone know if it's open 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2024 at 16:00, westernpark said:

Does anyone have anything positive to say about Sommar?

Such a garbled place - cocktails with the girlies decor and then a heavily craft-facing selection.

I don't hate it but it's just odd.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Such a garbled place - cocktails with the girlies decor and then a heavily craft-facing selection.

I don't hate it but it's just odd.

Yeah that’s about right, bizarrely worked out quite well yesterday, after the England A game at welford road, I went here to avoid the cup final, didn’t fancy watching it with Leicester born Liverpool fans and watched the Italy game instead. Their actual brewery beer is pretty crap though, like a cheap Brewdog as they are all indistinguishable.

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yeah that’s about right, bizarrely worked out quite well yesterday, after the England A game at welford road, I went here to avoid the cup final, didn’t fancy watching it with Leicester born Liverpool fans and watched the Italy game instead. Their actual brewery beer is pretty crap though, like a cheap Brewdog as they are all indistinguishable.

I prefer Tonne for the beer although their prices creep up seemingly every time you go 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Hinckley last Thursday and stopped for a drink in The Bounty about midday. £5.50 for a Moretti and large diet coke was banging (happy hour I think)

Felt like a celebrity on the way out with the stares from the regulars. Strikes me as a bit of a "local" pub? lol Would go back though, the lady serving was friendly and it was no frills, which is right up my street.

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Went to Hinckley last Thursday and stopped for a drink in The Bounty about midday. £5.50 for a Moretti and large diet coke was banging (happy hour I think)

Felt like a celebrity on the way out with the stares from the regulars. Strikes me as a bit of a "local" pub? lol Would go back though, the lady serving was friendly and it was no frills, which is right up my street.

It's an absolute dive, the backroom doubles up as a nightclub kind of thing on fridays and saturdays for the dregs of society to hang out together. 

• Haha 1